IGNORED

Consecutive Birdies

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 3838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Most birdies in a row?

• Haven't birdied yet.
    • 6 or more. (Specify in thread)

Only birdied a couple of times ever. Best run ever was a couple of days ago at a new course, par, bogey, par, par, par

Ogio Nexos Black on Black

Taylormade TP R9 Superdeep, 9.5, Aldila RIP A70X

Bridgestone J38 15, Motore F1 75S

Mizuno Masters Tournament Blades

Mizuno MP-T10 60.08

Ping Anser 2i

I have had decent chances for 3 in a row several times, including the first three holes at my home course once this summer. But I always choke. This summer on the third a very short dogleg par 4 but with lots of trees and multiple traps protecting it and toughest green on the course I hit a 5-6 foot put to hard and bounced it out, of course if I had left it short that would have been even worse.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I had two in row on 16 & 17th at Sharp Park in Pacifica, CA., the putter has to be on to make birdies.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I kept forgetting that I made a birdie the previous hole and someone told me I made the 4 in a row after I sank the putt. After that I proceeded to shank my drive on a short and easy par 5 which would've made it 5.

« Keith »

I had 3 in a row on 7,8,9 at my home course when i shot my first 9 under par. -3 with 5 birdies

In my bag:
Titleist 910 D3 9.5 Degree
TaylorMade R11 3 Wood 15.5 Degree
Adams A12 19 Degree
Cleveland CG16 Tour Irons 4-PW

Taylormade rac Gap 52 Degree, Cleveland CG15 56 Degree, Cleveland CG14 60 Deg

Odyssey 2-Ball

Anyone know what's the most consecutive birdies had in a round in a PGA event? I think I saw like 7 in a row last month on the front 9 but forget which tournament and which player.

« Keith »

Anyone know what's the most consecutive birdies had in a round in a PGA event? I think I saw like 7 in a row last month on the front 9 but forget which tournament and which player.

Calc made 9 in a row once. That's the PGA tour record. Man he was good when he got in a streak!

• 3 years later...
Thread bump... I was 6 over after the first 5 holes today (obviously playing poorly...), then birdied 6, 7, 8, and 9. It's the first time i've ever birdied 4 in a row. It was mostly luck, as only one if those birdie putts was within 10 feet. I played decently on the back and ended with a pretty good score. Golf is a funny game. I have no idea what turned things around. The same can be said when I play the first 12 holes at even par and then finish +8...

3 in a row, 5 on the front nine on my way to a 3 under par 33, my lowest nine hole score ever.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've only ever had 2 birdies, and they weren't in a row. I can string the pars together from time to time, though.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

3 in a row, 5 on the front nine on my way to a 3 under par 33, my lowest nine hole score ever.

That's very nice! My record is also 3 birdies in a row. But I wouldn't like to play you since I'd have to give 10 strokes! Are you sure your index is 16? ;-)

4 in a row was best ever, but that was a while ago. 2 back to back birdies and 2 eagles on back 9 for a best ever 6 under 30 also many years ago. More recently have had 3 in a row, with 5 birdies in a round.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

That's very nice! My record is also 3 birdies in a row. But I wouldn't like to play you since I'd have to give 10 strokes! Are you sure your index is 16?

That 33 was a few years ago, and since I moved to the Bahamas, I only get about one week a year to play.  That index is calculated from 7 rounds on 7 days - the only golf I played this year after not even touching a club for 16 months.

Rick

I've had many runs through the years, most have been 3 & sometimes 4 at a time.

My best was 6 consecutive birdies while playing at the Breckenridge Golf Club, July - 1996.

It started with a bird on number #2 - a par 5, then followed up with birds at #3 - a par 4, bird on #4 - a par 3, bird on #5 - a par 4, a bird on #6 - a par 5, and the fifth bird on #7 - a par 3. It ended on hole 8 when I pushed my drive into a lateral hazard stream on the right side of the fairway.

One bird was a chip in and the others were lengthy putts, except the par fives, which were both tap in putts.

I almost made my Eagle putt on the 6th hole.

I had 2 more birds on the back nine, which gave me my most ever round of 8 birds in a round.

More recently, while playing in a Club Match, I made 4 birds in 8 holes to defeat my opponent, in a singles 9 hole match. None were not in concession, but on every other hole. It ended with a holed shot form the short sided green bunker on the 17th hole with a large audience of team players from both clubs surrounding the back of the green.

Other notable birdie runs have been - I birdied the 11th hole, a par five, 5 consecutive Mens Games in a row and I birdied the 16th, also a par 5, 6 consecutive Mens Games in 2011.

The best round I ever saw was golfing with a friend and he shot his lowest ever score of 61. Just wanted to acknowledge his best ever.

Our Club Champ, calls me "a Birdie-ing Machine" all the time.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

3 a handful of times over these many years.  Never 4.......mostly because it's so damn hard and unusual to get to 3 to even have a chance!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I've had many runs through the years, most have been 3 & sometimes 4 at a time.

My best was 6 consecutive birdies while playing at the Breckenridge Golf Club, July - 1996.

It started with a bird on number #2 - a par 5, then followed up with birds at #3 - a par 4, bird on #4 - a par 3, bird on #5 - a par 4, a bird on #6 - a par 5, and the fifth bird on #7 - a par 3. It ended on hole 8 when I pushed my drive into a lateral hazard stream on the right side of the fairway.

One bird was a chip in and the others were lengthy putts, except the par fives, which were both tap in putts.

I almost made my Eagle putt on the 6th hole.

I had 2 more birds on the back nine, which gave me my most ever round of 8 birds in a round.

More recently, while playing in a Club Match, I made 4 birds in 8 holes to defeat my opponent, in a singles 9 hole match. None were not in concession, but on every other hole. It ended with a holed shot form the short sided green bunker on the 17th hole with a large audience of team players from both clubs surrounding the back of the green.

Other notable birdie runs have been - I birdied the 11th hole, a par five, 5 consecutive Mens Games in a row and I birdied the 16th, also a par 5, 6 consecutive Mens Games in 2011.

The best round I ever saw was golfing with a friend and he shot his lowest ever score of 61. Just wanted to acknowledge his best ever.

Our Club Champ, calls me "a Birdie-ing Machine" all the time.

Club Rat

Nice place to string birdies.  The 3 times I played there, I mostly strung bogies together, and generally more than 3. :blink:

Rick

Note: This thread is 3838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!