IGNORED

My Swing (tristanhilton85)

tristanhilton85
Note: This thread is 2292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Harmonious

There was a reason that Hogan spent 17 pages discussing his grip in his "Five Lessons".  But, good luck.

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

I realize that you disagree with this... but at this point there are other things that need to be worked on in my swing first.  I realize that the grip is the only connection to the club and because of that, I believe, that it should be comfortable... this is what is comfortable to me and as I said before, there are more important things.  If there are other things that you think I should work on, go ahead and let me know, but I think we can stop talking about the grip...

th85, I'm going to go against my usual trend and suggest you change it. Just weaken it a little and move on. It's not that hard and in your case it is causing issues with your swing, including getting under plane at P2 (which doesn't help to keep your swing short at all - you'll re-route and cross the line).

You're in the 10% where a quick grip change matters.

Alright... I'll work on that next then, as well as the drill you gave earlier iacas.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Alright, here we go again guys... as it's been lately, 4 new videos of my swing... driver and 6 iron, each with a FO and DL view.  I've worked pretty hard on weakening my grip due to the recommendation of Harmonious and iacas and think it's getting there... also, I've worked on shortening the swing a bit... I think it's coming along but, at least to me I don't see a big difference between the videos.  What I have definitely notice a difference in is ball flight... it is definitely more consistent, which is obviously good, but now my "good" shots are pull or straight fades instead of push draws and my bad shots are just more exaggerated (they start even further left and come back further right).

As always, feedback is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Nothing?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Nothing?

I plan to check this out but I'm almost All-Analyzr, All-The-Time right now! I'll be back to check on this at some point though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I plan to check this out but I'm almost All-Analyzr, All-The-Time right now! I'll be back to check on this at some point though.

Cool... I look forward to your input.

Originally Posted by motteler621

one thing I notice you need to fix is your club is point to the right of the target at the top. Should be straight down the line at the top

I've noticed this too... any good drills or anything you can recommend to help me achieve this?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Quote:

one thing I notice you need to fix is your club is point to the right of the target at the top. Should be straight down the line at the top

I've noticed this too... any good drills or anything you can recommend to help me achieve this?

hmm off the top of my head. Try going to the top of your swing and make sure both of your hands are directly in line with each other (at the top), so the club would be pointing straight down the line at the top. Just hold it there and get that feeling of the club being straight down the line. You might need someone to help you do this as well. Have them put you into that position at the top and then have you hold there by yourself and ingrain the feeling of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, here we go again.  Four new videos (as usual): a face on and down the line view of both driver and 6 iron.  As always any feedback, advice, tips or whatever is welcome.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Any comments on the new videos?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• 4 weeks later...

I took some new video today.  During my last few practice sessions I've found better consistency by widening my stance just a bit and also increasing my shoulder tilt at address.  I think things are getting better but would love to hear input.  Thanks in advance.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I know that there has to be something I need to work on... any ideas?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

It might help if you tell people what you're struggling with. Hook, slice, fat, thin, all of the above etc?

i am seeing the hands coming in deep, good thing!  however, i am also seeing the clubhead (and shaft) come in even deeper.  not so good.

when the club is parallel to the ground (P2) it should also be about parallel to the target line.  so from the DTL view, the clubhead should just about cover the hands and be parallel to the ground at the same time.

Colin P.

• 1 month later...

It's been a bit over a month since I've updated this thread so I took some new video today.  Driver and 6 irons both DL and FO...

Top of swing.jpg

This is something that I've been working on... I think that it's getting better, but obviously more work to do... I think that as I get better with not taking the club inside so much, this will improve with it.

Originally Posted by colin007

i am seeing the hands coming in deep, good thing!  however, i am also seeing the clubhead (and shaft) come in even deeper.  not so good.

when the club is parallel to the ground (P2) it should also be about parallel to the target line.  so from the DTL view, the clubhead should just about cover the hands and be parallel to the ground at the same time.

P2.jpg

I'm trying really hard not to let the club get too deep... obviously this is still to much but it is a tad better... this little change that is barely noticeable feels HUGE when I'm actually swinging.

Also, I think that my impact position is looking much better... I think that I'm doing a better job sliding my hips rather than turning right away.  Note the position of my back knee.

Impact.jpg

As always, any and all feedback is welcomed and appreciated.  Thanks.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Tempo: If you feel your too quick at the top thru transition, practice having an extended pause at the top. Eventually you will notice a smoother transition and tempo.  But keep in mind that everyone has there own tempo, as long as it doesn't get you off balance work with what you got.  And I agree about your right arm breaking down!

Originally Posted by TAPNPAR

Tempo: If you feel your too quick at the top thru transition, practice having an extended pause at the top. Eventually you will notice a smoother transition and tempo.  But keep in mind that everyone has there own tempo, as long as it doesn't get you off balance work with what you got.  And I agree about your right arm breaking down!

I have a feeling that you may have been looking at the very first videos that I posted way back in October...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

The Biggest thing I see is how far back you are going with your club head. You can see that out of your left eye you are so far back. If you just cut that swing down to what you might feel is like 75 percent back.Your accuracy will go through the roof. Plus you will be surprised that you will not lose distance. Also give yourself a pause at the top just a sec to stop and let your body and arms get back and under control. also i would trying to stand more erect at address and try to keep that posture. feel like you are sticking your butt out. that will create a more define spine angle for your swing to stay on. Overall it looks great Good luck. Here is a device i purchased that helped me cut down my swing when i first started playing. http://cgi.ebay.com/SWINGYDE-GOLF-SWING-TRAINING-AID-JIM-FLICK-w-DVD-NR-/220770017572?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash;=item3366eb2124

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
Wood: Titleist 910Fd
Hybrid: Titleist 910H
Irons: Titleist AP1
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 56/11 60/7
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport 2

• 1 month later...

Got some new videos to post... I'm hitting the ball so much better now... if I can avoid the few blow up holes and a few bad decisions I'll be in the 80s quite easily.

Anyways, here they are, let me know what you think.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 2292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!