IGNORED

Our Spare irons set

Uncle Lau
Note: This thread is 4912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Allo everyone !

I am sure most of us have a spare irons set we loved to keep, for memories or because it a good set to keep and take it out once a while for a spin !

Mine is a very old Callaway Big Bertha 1994 irons...think it a collectors set by now ! I love it as it was my very first golf sets i could afford at that time and i kept this beauty in my home club locker at National Service Resort and Country Club, Changi course.

once a while i ake it out for a spin.

What your spare irons ? please share with us and photos is greatly appreciated !

Golden Ram TW Grind 3-PW. I take these to the range every now and again to practice with. I also have an old Mizuno MP-11 5 iron that I mess around with too.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My spare set is the same as the set I play right now, Mizuno MP-33's. I loved the first set too much, they just got a little worn out. Easy way to replace irons too. My roommate bent my 4 iron awhile back, just went to my old one. Played in a tournament couple months ago, 6 iron snapped in half, went to the old one. Let's hope I don't have to keep tapping into the old bag.

Driver: Taylormade Burner TP (2007 model)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 4+
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19
Irons: Mizuno MP 33s  4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges: 60, 56, 52Putter: Odyssey DFX 9900

my mind is really twisted. anyone else?

I have a lot of old used clubs. A lot of people have probably had a turn with them - they're very very easy to hit. What was the question?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

my mind is really twisted. anyone else?

As in, I hope I don't break any more irons from my current set, or else I'll find myself playing all my old irons again.

Driver: Taylormade Burner TP (2007 model)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 4+
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19
Irons: Mizuno MP 33s  4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges: 60, 56, 52Putter: Odyssey DFX 9900

I still have a set of PING Eye-2's that I played in highschool. I'll never get rid of them either. One day, maybe my kids will game them.

My spare gamers though are a set of Miura Tournament Blades. Been considering selling them though. It's a shame to let a set like that just sit in my office.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

I still have a set of PING Eye-2's that I played in highschool. I'll never get rid of them either. One day, maybe my kids will game them.

Well I'll use them if your not gonna..

sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

I have two sets I use in normal play, depending on conditions or my mood. My "spare" set is actually the one I'm playing right now, just for the hell of it-1982 Titleist Tour Model Blades. In pretty good shape with new grips on them, but still maybe the least forgiving iron I've ever hit. I can play 'em, it just ain't easy.

I have a lot of old used clubs. A lot of people have probably had a turn with them - they're very very easy to hit. What was the question?

sounds like i set i used to hit. it was fun for a while, then i realized they weren't as awesome as i thought. also, i noticed they had gotten a lot of use before me.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

I have 2 sets. My TP smokes and a set of Tommy Armour 845's. I'll lone the 845's out to friends sometimes but I haven't gamed them since '07
Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

I have a set of Wilson FG-17's, a set of Mizono MT-49's and a set of Maxfli Australian Blades. I take them out and hit them every once in a while. I am organizing a tourney for next season where all you can play is persimmon woods, forged irons, a bladed putter and all steel shafts. The best would be to find a bunch of old Titleist balata's. I should be a ton of fun.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

Note: This thread is 4912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!