IGNORED

Most hated, golfers you dislike..

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 4648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wouldn't use the word hate and I base my picks by how they hold themselves in public/interviews.

Garcia and the many demons he has. No excuse for spitting in the cup. Must admit he's showed maturity last year.

Rory for expressing lack of tolerance for something he can't control. ie: supposed slow play with whom he was paired with. Also the jab at Tiger = not so smart.

Phil. Can't stand his man-boobs. Put a bra on for Pete's sake!

Woody. I don't think an explanation is needed.

Daly for not taking full advantage of what he's capable of.

Pat Perez.

Paula Creamer. Nothing wrong with being competitive but taking it out on her caddy and displaying frustrations doesn't seem so lady-like to me.

Basically the people listed would be folks I wouldn't want to be grouped with at a course because of their actions.

I'd rather play with a full on beginner with a great attitude vs. a seasoned player with temper tantrum.

"Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them."
- Jimmy Demaret

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Players I dislike, you are all going to rag on me but here is my list

1. Steve Stricker, I find him totally obnoxious especially after trying to mimic Sergio at the Ryder Cup last year. He looked like a dork.

2. Jim Furyk- I can't completely put my finger on it, maybe I find him dull.

3. And to show I am not a total homegirl- Stephen Ames, just watched the most annoying interview at TSN's site with him. He is not Mike Weir, I barely think of him as a Canadian player.

Ok ok, Its funny how you just qouted the annoying southern accent part of why i dislike them as players. When the fact is that only adds to the fact i dislike them as players.. truly, i dislike them because they're boring to watch and play with no emotion. Chad Campbells swing makes me cringe because im scared his spine will pop out of his back everytime he jams the club in the ground, and that stupid little smirk and slanty eyes, rival Phil Mickelson for stupidity on ones face.. I appologize to you and all the other hicks i have offended.. its a stereo type that everyone thinks southern folk are dumb.. you have your president to thank for that =)..

Wait a minute... It is supposed to go, "I

couldn't care less." What you said doesn't even make any sense. It appears you are the dumb ass, but don't take it to heart, they're just words.

I'd vote for Tommy Armour III

Guy never even looked our way as a total of 5 of us were waiting at 7 am at the entrance to the practice tee, walked right on by past the great unwashed (all 5 of us). Nathan Green, RORY, Alivarious Quiros (sp?), Brendan DeJonge...those guys were cool, chatted and signed...seemed like nice guys, RORY was probably the nicest. and was in the second group off on Sunday, so he was bottom 4 of those who made the cut.

Tommy Armour III...man he looked rough....smoke another heater and see you at the bar "T"... Ass

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Without a doubt, Boo Weekley, for so many reasons that I cant explain because we might not have enough space on here. I think that this guy plays up the whole redneck, good ol boy, "Aw shucks, I jist wanna hunt an feesh" -thing, much like Larry the Cable Guy does. Being from the south, I absolutely HATE when people enforce that stereotype. And that stupid Srixon commercial with Boo, his wife, and Vijay drives me crazy. "Bewww, arrr yew messin with Veejayy ageen?"

The whole camo deal is incredibly annoying too. Self-expression and individuality are great, I'm not knocking that. What I'm knocking is Boo and Cleveland playing into a steretype. I know way too many people that think that all the camo is cool. These are the same people that take a cart on a wet course and tear it up as much as possible, "doin sum mud-ridin". I'm all for going off road and having a good time, been there and done that, but not having respect for a course and it's rules, and not respecting the fact that others will be playing after them is totally different.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all for having people from all walks of life and different personalities play, but use your status as a tour player to show people that it's ok to be from the south and not sound like a slack-jawed idiot!

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I still haven't gotten over Ian Poulter's forced look of intensity at the Ryder Cup, making those "tough guy" faces after he'd make a putt with that lazy/crossed bug eye. Just laughable. He wants to be like Tiger, but the intensity was so forced and goofy.

I thought Lee Westwood was a punk at the Ryder Cup as well, complaining like a little school boy - and he ended up not re-upping his Tour card over here right after the event, what a baby!!

I also have to say that watching AK STOMP all over Sergio's throat in that singles match was one of the most gratifying moments I've ever had watching any sporting event, and that includes watching Tony Romo lose in December every year

I actually think the only time I ever "hate" golfers is during the Ryder cup. It becomes much more a football feeling in terms of blind passion for my team. After watching the cup this year, I wondered about the potential of a US golf league where cities would have different golfers on their rosters and could compete in team match play events against each other -

wouldn't get the best talent, but maybe nationwide guys or something?
In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

Without a doubt, Boo Weekley, for so many reasons that I cant explain because we might not have enough space on here. I think that this guy plays up the whole redneck, good ol boy, "Aw shucks, I jist wanna hunt an feesh" -thing, much like Larry the Cable Guy does. Being from the south, I absolutely HATE when people enforce that stereotype. And that stupid Srixon commercial with Boo, his wife, and Vijay drives me crazy. "Bewww, arrr yew messin with Veejayy ageen?"

Didn't Boo use to sandblast or whatever at a factory? Dude's a solid good ole' boy....and yes...he plays it up. I'm sure he doesn't mind the direct deposits from his sponsors either.

He's not one of my favorites, but homeboy kicked a little azz in the ryder cup so he's all good with me. So Boo is responsible for the Blue Bloods that pull the cart up next to the green???? Most Rednecks on the course drink beer and play golf...and bet each other. 95% of the people that tear up a course are over 70 as far as my observations go.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Didn't Boo use to sandblast or whatever at a factory? Dude's a solid good ole' boy....and yes...he plays it up. I'm sure he doesn't mind the direct deposits from his sponsors either.

I'm definitely not saying he's not a good golfer, I really dont see how anyone can say that he's not, but if I questioned his abilities anywhere in my post, please point it out because I'd like to change my post. It's not his game that annoys me, it's his idiotic, cartoonish persona. And I guess my observations are completely different from yours. The older crew at the course I regularly play are very respectful and are more anal about the rules than most people I know. They're also very helpful and have been pretty cool so far with me. Definitely no "Blue Blood", snobby attitude, more like laid back southern gentlemen. On more than one occaision, I've seen people tearing a wet course up, and on more than one occaision, the people driving the cart were sporting either a camo Cleveland Golf cap, or a camo LSU cap.

-  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

• Administrator

Bubba Watson is one of the most hated guys on the PGA Tour - by the course crew, volunteers, etc. Dude hasn't even won anything yet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bubba Watson is one of the most hated guys on the PGA Tour - by the course crew, volunteers, etc. Dude hasn't even won anything yet.

I had read and heard that before, but never really knew why. The only thing I really remember is him going off on Elkington last year in New Orleans. Just curious as to what he's done to earn that status?? I mean, that's a pretty big accomplishment, considering some of the prima donnas on tour

-  -  - 

B Watson....dude's got some issues with the pink driver shaft, breaking down in tears (while plugging his Bubba Golf shirts).

Most important thing to him is that he is self taught, and is the driving distance leader for 3 years straight...he gets some run on that with the ping ads, but whatever.....He won't win on tour.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex

I'm definitely not saying he's not a good golfer, I really dont see how anyone can say that he's not, but if I questioned his abilities anywhere in my post, please point it out because I'd like to change my post. It's not his game that annoys me, it's his idiotic, cartoonish persona.

I've never been to La., but I play in God's waiting room....Florida.

Dude, aint calling you out, if you want to hate on Boo...do it man, I don't know him from Adam.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex

I'm from the same town as Boo, Bubba, and Heath. I like Boo, but don't care for Bubba for all the reasons mentioned above. Heath is a good guy too, but I don't remember meeting him actually.

I've never been to La., but I play in God's waiting room....Florida.

That's freakin hilarious. I got a buddy that lives near Tampa, in Pinellas Co. I think, and I've heard him call FL the same thing (God's waiting room). I've noticed it a little when I was doing some work at KSC, but he has told me that once you live there for a little while, you really notice it. He had me believing that some places are straight out of that one South Park episode, where all the old people cant drive, and they set up a compound at the Country Kitchen Buffet.

-  -  - 

B Watson....dude's got some issues with the pink driver shaft, breaking down in tears (while plugging his Bubba Golf shirts).

He has had some high finishes in several tournaments and makes some killer dough, though.

Hey Guys & Gals,
As a former Brit myself, I couldn't help notice the amount of Brit bashing going on in this thread. Particularly, a comment regarding Ian Poulter's Camo Pants.....And Yet!.....Everyone seems to be cheering John Daly on....Who wears his mother's old table cloths....

....Go Figure

R7 460 10.5 Degrees
Sasquatch 15 & 17 Degrees
MP60's 3-PW
T-Zoid Comp EZ Wedges 52 & 56
CG10 60 Degrees Tour Action Reg.588 64 Degrees White Hot #4 E6+ Balls

Phil
Rory
Davis Love III

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Note: This thread is 4648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!