IGNORED

Incredible playing partners

Jaywun
Note: This thread is 4901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Even though he wasn't a random, my friend's cousin brought along his buddy when my other friend bailed.

I have the opposite problem. On occasion, I get paired up with some people that will NOT let me hole out. People can do what they want with gimmies but I do want to hole out. I understand pace of play and I know I am not playing the US Open but when I have a tap in left for par or bogey I don't want a guy that just shot 8 on the hole slapping my ball back to me. Had one incident that I saw the guy I was paired up with take off in his cart and moved my ball out of a divot in the fairway! I understand he was just trying to help but sheesh, don't touch another man's balls. Do we have to be told this?!?!

On my last round of 18, my buddy and I went to a favorite course and were hoping to be able to play as a twosome as the end of the season was around the corner and the course was not busy at all. However, as we're about to tee off, the starter sends Bob out to play with us. Normally I don't mind playing with strangers at all, it's just the way it works around here but this time, we were going to have a little game between the two of us and it would have been nice to be on our own. However, Bob seems like a nice enough guy so we start off on one. My friend is the last one on the green and his ball is in the vicinity of Bob's line who happens to be away. As he's still walking up to the green, Bob marks my friends ball and tells him to pick up the pace. Well, this set a really bad tone for the round as you might imagine. First, there was no need to hurry because no one was moving slowly. Second, the group ahead of us was still on the tee box. Anyways, Bob turned out to be a real hothead and a jerk and really kind of ruined the round for us.

I have the opposite problem. On occasion, I get paired up with some people that will NOT let me hole out. People can do what they want with gimmies but I do want to hole out. I understand pace of play and I know I am not playing the US Open but when I have a tap in left for par or bogey I don't want a guy that just shot 8 on the hole slapping my ball back to me. Had one incident that I saw the guy I was paired up with take off in his cart and moved my ball out of a divot in the fairway! I understand he was just trying to help but sheesh, don't touch another man's balls. Do we have to be told this?!?!

I'll always ask if the person wants their ball...I'd think thats common sense.

Today was paired with 3 middle aged asian women and my first thought was "here comes a 5 hour round of driver, 3w, 3w, chip, putt" but surprisingly they had some game. Finished in 3 hrs 40 minutes and enjoyed chatting it up with them. Good time.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

a group of 3 older guys (probably 30's/early 40's).

lol wat???? "older guys"???
sheesh, don't touch another man's balls. Do we have to be told this?!?!

yeah, as a rule, im not touching another mans balls. not ever.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My buddy and I get paired up with singles pretty often and mostly people are pretty cool. One guy was super super uptight and yelling about shadows and freaking out about penalty strokes when I wasn't even keeping score. it was super windy and twilight and I didn't think we'd get to finish so I didn't bother. he was really annoying. Another twosome we got paired up with were so ridiculously weird. One guy was like a garden gnome, about 4'8" and his buddy was a dead ringer for Kramer and was about 6'5" they were smoking gigantic cigars and just being so weird I couldn't keep it together, so we just asked them to go ahead and we split up mid course.

I have been lucky in that every stranger that I have played with have been great guys. Best was we were paired with a two Brits at Gary Player Golf course at Sun City (where the Nedbank Challenge is being held this weekend incidentally), one being 80 and the other being 65. They gave us advise when we needed it, many jokes being cracked, and a very enjoyable round.

I know one day I will be paired with a jerk. Matter of time really. I can't see it going down well, as I get annoyed with jerks in the 4 ball ahead or behind that I am not even playing with!

I'll ocassionally get a little fired up when I'm with some friends and at times curse to myself. But with a complete stranger I couldn't even imagine doing even that much. In the end all you end up doing is making yourself look like an idiot.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Yesterday morning I play a round with 3 guys and they were very polite and nice... They just stood there and watched me hit the ball and were shaking their heads. I only play the front 9 with them and shot -5 and the guys were just wanting to shake my hand. They wanted me to keep playing because they wanted to see what I would shoot but I had a match I was going to play in the afternoon. So here comes "Bob" and acts like an ass right off the jump. The 1st hole one of the guys I play with chips in for birdie and "Bob" goes to the hole, takes his ball out and throws it almost into the trees calling him lucky etc... I immediately got mad and asked him WTF was his problem and he just starts running his mouth. I told him I would play him for $100 a hole but he just kept running his mouth. I just walked off the course, I was not going to play a round with that clown!

I actually played with a guy not too long ago, who was so annoying, that I walked off the course after 9. It was 3 days before Thanksgiving and I was in my home town visiting my parents for the holiday. I go to the course, pay my green fee and cart fee, and get ready to go. I was chipping and putting before I teed off, and an elderly guy came up to me and asked if he could join me. He seemed nice enough, so I said, "sure." Low and behold, this was the most annoying golfer I had ever met. He basically just commented on every swing I took and tried to give me tips along the way (mind you, he was so bad that he didn't finish a single hole). He just got under my skin so bad, that I left after 9.

So here comes "Bob" and acts like an ass right off the jump. The 1st hole one of the guys I play with chips in for birdie and "Bob" goes to the hole, takes his ball out and throws it almost into the trees calling him lucky etc...

Someone who does that should be reported to the starter or the pro shop. Hopefully, they would be asked to leave on the spot.

How on earth did you have a score?

You whinge because this guy plays out "every. single. hole." (As if there's any other way to do it) and then you claim to have a "score" when you're not putting out!! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I cant stand if the guy keep asking me to play faster especially when i m putting.
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Older than me of course.

I m in the "old category", sigh !

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Note: This thread is 4901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!