IGNORED

Best looking, feeling and playing driver thread

Note: This thread is 6351 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There has been one about irons, what about drivers? One you hated parting with or cant part with.

for me one stands alone.. 983k

I absolutely love the feel and pear shaped head.. at adress i've never had more confidence.. if titleist ever duplicated a larger, improved version it would be in my bag.. i played the 905t although i wasnt disappointed with distance and performance, the feel and playability werent on the same level. Id say its still the best looking driver to date.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I've had a couple of drivers, but never hit them really well...I always seemed to revert back to my 3-wood.

This year I ponied-up and got a Titleist 905S, with a Speeder shaft. I LOVE IT, and can finally hit the driver...it's nice having wedges to the green instead of 7 or 8 irons!

Driver: Titleist 905S/9.5/Fujikura Speeder Stiff
3W: Titleist 906FT
Irons: Ping i10/Red dot
Wedges: Cleveland CG12/54/60
Putter: Odyssey XG RossieBall: TaylorMade TP Red

My new Rapture driver is here to stay. Never hit them like this before. Long and straight.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

I played a Callaway Biggest Big Bertha II 415cc 9* firm flex till recently. Just bought a Titleist 905R. I hated the shape of the Callaway (looked like a balloon on a stick to me). Also the shaft was a bit too whippy.

I love the look and feel of the 905R. It's not nearly as easy to work as the smaller headed driver (I generally use my wrists to shape a shot) but that just means I get more second shots from the short stuff! . Most days it plays really really well. Occationally we don't get along, but that's more me than him.

My local is a tight tree lined course built next to a river. Fairways are very unforgiving due to the cross slope and general course design. So you have to be able to hit the big dog well in either direction. Loving my newest addition

I've tried the R5, R7 and Cobra 427ss, and fSpeed... I was so frustrated I had resorted to hitting 3 wood off the tee until I decided to take a shot on a Wilson Staff Dd5 11.5 degree driver that I got cheap on Ebay.... I L-O-V-E love that club. Only driver I have ever been able to hit.

All I can say is 983k. The looks are immaculate, and the feel is unrivaled.

The 905r lacks in feel and workability, but is running a close second.

907D2 9.5 Proforce V2 75 S
906F2 15* Proforce V2 95 S
MD 19* Proforce V2 100 S
735 CM 3-PW DG s400 Vokey 200 53.11*/SM 58.08* DG s300 Scotty C. Studio Design 3.5Balls -

All I can say is 983k. The looks are immaculate, and the feel is unrivaled.

Have to agree there... I've had my 983k now for almost 3 years and I can't find anything I like better. I keep trying to find a club that'll give me an extra 10-15 yards and when I do, maybe then I'll switch. But while I like the TM 425 and the Titleist 905R, I don't hit them any further so I don't get much benefit out of them. The 983k is in my bag to stay until someone gets me further down the fairway.

In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5°, Harmon HTD CB-65R
3-Wood: Mizuno MP-001, 13°, Harrison Striper Titanium
Hybrid 1: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 16°
Hybrid 2: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 19°Irons: Ping S59 Tour 4-PWWedges: Mizuno Black Nickel 51.06 / Cleveland Black Pearl 58.08Putter:...

I guess most are just going to vote for what they bought... I'm going to be the radical here.

I bought a Taylormade R 460 with the movable weights. I tried hitting the Nike SQ but although it felt great, I kept skying the ball. I tend to swing low and the rubber tee at the testing booth was really high. I shouldn't have let that effect my decision but I did.

I went with the TM. I hit it the ball straighter than ever before, however, it feels a bit awkward which may be why my distance blows now. The SQ felt more efficient and I really liked the low lined design. I'm voting for the SQ. Maybe next year, we'll see.

Colin

WITB:
Driver: SUMO 10.5* w/Stock Shaft R
Wood: X-3 15*Hybrids: Slingshot 3 @20* Graphite RIrons: Slingshot OSS 4-AW Graphite RWedge: CG11 52* and 56* Putter: G5i UG-LEBall: One Black -or- Juice. Still experimenting.

I'm going to have too say the TM 510 TP, now that thing was money. Great feeling clubhead and I loved the sound of it. There getting a bit hard to find a decent one now though.Still regret selling it.

Another would have to be the 975D

TP Drivers...don't you know chicks love the logo?

Introducing The Weapons:

Driver- | R5 TP, Aldila VS Proto Shaft
3Wood- | R7 3.15
2Hybrid- | TP Rescue Dual, Fujikura Banzai Shaft3U- | 3U RAC TP 19, Grafaloy Prologic shaft Irons- | R7 CGB MAXWedges- | TP 58,56,52Putter- | Rossa Imola TP 34Ball- | TP Red on Normal Cond, TP Black When...

I just got a 905S and it is the best driver I've ever hit. It is solid with awesome trajectory and excellent roll. Also, the feel, look and sound of a Titleist driver are hard to match. Although, I'm not a big fan of the 905R (too clunky). One of my playing partners has the Tour Edge Exotics, which was surprisingly a great club to hit. I liked that this club was very forgiving and felt solid on impact. The aestetics were fairly conservative too. My only complaint was that I couldn't feel if I hit the sweet spot or not. Some of my drives that felt and sounded equally solid varied greatly in distances +-30 yards (I'm usually about 260 off the tee).

Driver:Titleist 905T 10.5, Aldila NV 65S
Fairway: Titleist 906f2 18, Aldila NV 75S
Hybrid: Titleist 585H 21, Aldila NV85S
Irons: Titleist 735, DG R300
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60 DG S200Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #8

Gotta go with the R7 425. I am not a long hitter, and have always struggled with a strong fade (ahem, Slice). I traded in my R5 N for this smaller club. It's currently configured at 'draw', and my misses are much more playable. I used to have the Nike 400 CC, but it was a WILD club. I'm happy with the R7 425, but I'm always looking....

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

I really like my 975D, but I switched to a tm580xd with a reg shaft and hit it just as far with a reg swing. Now I just want it in the fairway and I know I can't overswing the big head and control it. getting older.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! Is this thread sponsored by the letter "T" .

A couple of years ago i tried the Launcher (2nd pick), G2 (3rd pick), & didn't like Callaway BB, TM Rx5 (4th pick) & settled for the Cobra SZ460. I hit it more consistantly than the rest. Doesn't rank up there with looks, but i like to hit it. Next time i check out drivers i'll for sure be trying out the Titleist!

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

Note: This thread is 6351 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!