IGNORED

What Was Your Score on Your First Round? (Or Best Guess)

halcon
Note: This thread is 796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

31 members have voted

1. 1. What was your score on your first round?

• 130 or more
    • 120~129
    • 110~119
    • 100~109
    • 90~99
    • 80~89
    • 79 or less

1 hour ago, HankBlue said:

Sorry for the delayed response... but "life happens." 🙂

Well, we NEVER lost a football game to the Buckeyes while I was in school. 🙄*

And NONE of our long winning streak (Where have you gone Earl Bruce?) was VACATED (2010) due to cheating. 😜

And how is Maurice Clarett?  Has he learned how to read yet? 😆 

[*Full disclosure: we also never beat Notre Dame 😒 ]

Maurice has come a long way.

Quote from above:

“Clarett has become a celebrated public speaker[2] across the country[3] by speaking candidly about his previous struggles and successful recovery. Additionally, Clarett founded a successful behavioral health agency in both Youngstown and Columbus”

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played my first full 18 today. 😁

9.18.2021.jpg

I can now answer the poll. 😃

Edited by HankBlue
  • Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

54 minutes ago, HankBlue said:

9.18.2021.jpg

Not bad

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Things I learned on my first 18...

If there's a group playing behind you and you feel like your rushing because of it, it's better to let them play through.  [After I did that, I landed my next 3 tee shots on the green (3 chances for birdie and 3 chances at par... missed all six shots 🤪).

I need to work on my putting and chipping.  This is where I can really lower my score.

Decisions.JPG

Mucked around for years playing every few years. Busted my knee and was told golf was OK so went down to a social comp. First round 118 with (somehow) a birdie on 18.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 8:58 PM, HankBlue said:

9.18.2021.jpg

Is that Lake St Clair Metropark? (AKA Metropolitan Beach)?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Esox said:

Is that Lake St Clair Metropark? (AKA Metropolitan Beach)?

Yes sir! 😁

21 minutes ago, Lugowskins said:

Only like 6 years ago if it was under 130 I'd be shocked. My first few years I was called the worst golfer anyone had ever seen lol

Clearly, they haven't seen me yet! 😆

• 2 weeks later...

First round was in '06 and the course was pretty open, meaning that you could be well out of the fairway but still in play so not a lot of penalties. Think it was a 120, had been hitting into a net and at the range a couple of times before getting on a course. Have been addicted since.

Driver - Ping 410+ 12°, Fairway -TM Burner 5W, Hybrid - 3&4 TM Rescue dual, Irons -  Mizuno MX200 5-G, SW - Callaway X Tour, Putter - Odyssey 1W Versa

First round was several years ago, easily in the 130's or higher. I was awful. Started playing again last year, every other week or so. I'm consistently in the mid 90's now, slow progress but I'm hoping to break 90 in the next 6 months. I've gone from trying to make decent contact to trying to kill the ball and now I'm in the consistency and damage control phase. 

Driver - Callaway Mavrik 10°, Fairway - Callaway Mavrik 3w, Hybrid - Callaway Mavrik 3 & 4, Irons - Callaway 2018 X-Forged 5-PW, Wedges - Callaway Jaws 50°, 56° & 60°, Putter - Odyssey 2-Ball White Steel SRT Mallet 

My first round was 32 years ago, when I was 42. Having grown up in the Elizabeth Port in NJ, golf was something that never entered my life. We lived in a flat over a bar across from the Singer Manufacturing Company. At the ripe old age of 42 I put away the tools and became a manager, and the company president asked me if I played golf. I chuckled and said no, and then he said if you ever want to move up in this company you'll learn to play. The rest is history, at 74 I'm still working on my swing even though I'm long retired.

3 hours ago, Bucks said:

My first round was 32 years ago, when I was 42. Having grown up in the Elizabeth Port in NJ, golf was something that never entered my life. We lived in a flat over a bar across from the Singer Manufacturing Company. At the ripe old age of 42 I put away the tools and became a manager, and the company president asked me if I played golf. I chuckled and said no, and then he said if you ever want to move up in this company you'll learn to play. The rest is history, at 74 I'm still working on my swing even though I'm long retired.

Gotta ask, did you move up in the company as your game improved? 

Driver - Callaway Mavrik 10°, Fairway - Callaway Mavrik 3w, Hybrid - Callaway Mavrik 3 & 4, Irons - Callaway 2018 X-Forged 5-PW, Wedges - Callaway Jaws 50°, 56° & 60°, Putter - Odyssey 2-Ball White Steel SRT Mallet 

😁 First USGA Scorecard:

Scorecard.10.13.2021.jpg

• 3 months later...

My first ever ‘real’ round of golf was in 2014, at Lake Winds from the reds, and I shot 103 on nine holes. My dad, brother and grandpa played as well, and the round took about three and a half hours. My lowest score was a triple bogey (a par 3 over water), and my highest was a 16 (one of the par 5s). 

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Note: This thread is 796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!