IGNORED

Pure Ball Striker Training Aid

iacas
Note: This thread is 1186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Gioguy21

got my money back two weeks ago :) ...

Did he offer any explanation? Was he out of stock, or in chapter 7?

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

Originally Posted by JerseyThursday

Did he offer any explanation? Was he out of stock, or in chapter 7?

he was deemed non responsive, even from paypal. i emailed both his personal email i found online, messaged on here, and messaged him via paypal dispute resolution and never responded. paypal gave my refund since he clearly has no business etiquette let alone a conscience since he's done this to quite a few people on here and can't even send an email. pretty classless in my opinion.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

If you haven't gotten your money back, maybe try sending him a message on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Evans/1641026713

Try hitting "Send Message" in the top right corner.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I guess it seems that purchasing a new PBS is a thing of the past and the owner has screwed a lot of people over here.  I'm really curious as to what happened...when I ordered a few as gifts for my brothers at Christmas time, he forgot to send me the free ones to go with them (BOGO deal).  When I contacted him about it, I had said free ones in the mail about a week and a half later.  What the heck happened between then and now?!?!

Anyway, I finally got out to the range last night and had a chance to try out the PBS for the first time, so I thought I would write up a quick review.  I have to say, I was very impressed by the impact it had on my swing right from the start!  Of course that doesn't mean I didn't hit some shots fat/pulled/hooked/etc/etc...but on quite a few iron shots (mostly 5 and 7 and 8 irons), I saw gains of at least 10 yards (used to hit my 7 iron approx. 150...last night it was an 8 iron @ 150-155).  I am still, however, trying to get used to the feeling of keeping my hands ahead at impact, which was causing some very bad misses.  It also was just hard to get used to the feeling of the PBS on my club...my hands hurt a little due to the pressure it was creating (but I guess that means it's working!)

I do have a quick question for anyone out there that may be able to help.  With the PBS on, and on shots where I felt the most confident that I was keeping my hands in front and maintaining that forward shaft lean at impact, I felt like I only had a 3/4 follow through...almost like a punch shot follow through.  And any time I tried to come to a full finish, I felt more like I was flipping at impact.  Having said all that, even on the shots where I felt only a 3/4 follow through, the result was what I would expect from a full swing in terms of distance.  So, is this a normal "feeling" or result of focusing on forward shaft lean?  Do I just need to keep at it and the full finish will come more naturally?  Am I doing something wrong??  I know that it will be hard for anyone to tell without seeing a video of my swing (I will try and get one up soon), but I thought I would throw the question out there to see if anyone else is having the same experience.

Anyway, great product, I would recommend to anyone (well, maybe at this point I would just recommend someone make their own... ) and I can't wait to continue practicing with it and improve my game!

In my Grom XX:
cleveland.gif Launcher 12.0* Fujikura Saishin 65 S and 15* Fujikura Fit-On Gold R // ping.gif G10 Irons, AWT Steel S, Fitted Purple Dot// cleveland.gifCG14 Chrome 56*, 14 // odyssey.gif Crimson Series 550 Mallet, 34" // srixon.gifZ-Star

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Erik (or Others),

Any idea what is happening with PBS?  My impact was dismal today, decided that for $14 these might be good to keep in the bag as a mid-round tune up.

Thanks!

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

• Administrator

Originally Posted by delav

Any idea what is happening with PBS?  My impact was dismal today, decided that for $14 these might be good to keep in the bag as a mid-round tune up.

At this point I can't recommend them. I recommend you make one yourself. The Almost Golf Balls really seem to work pretty well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

At this point I can't recommend them. I recommend you make one yourself. The Almost Golf Balls really seem to work pretty well.

Thanks for the tip.

Last night after posting I scanned most of this thread and saw the homemade variant from the Almost Golf Ball that another member had made.  I had a few of the firm foam practice balls that Austads sells in the basement and tried making one myself.

I had a good range session today, this is a very helpful aid.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

• 1 month later...

The wait may be over   ( believe it when you see it)  but from another site it sounds like PBS has resumed shipping their product.

" To all the loyal fans and customers of the Pure Ball Striker, I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding over the last several months many changes were taking place. I have injured my neck which requires a multi-level neck fusion scheduled this Friday, June 10th. I should make a full recovery and back teaching soon. To those of you who have placed an order, they will begin shipping today, June 8, 2011. I am sorry for your delay!
Rest assured that Pure Ball Striker is as strong as ever and will continue to serve you going forward with the same standard of excellence you have come to rely on and expect. Thank you again for your understanding and support!

Most Sincerely,

Jeff Evans"

• 4 weeks later...

I know this thread is somewhat dead but my PBS came in Thursday of last week.  I guess they are shipping.

It's too bad Jeff couldn't find anyone to communicate the issues he was having instead of leaving everyone in the dark.  That certainly wasn't the best business/customer service approach.

I will be hesitant to purchase any other product he develops or endorses in the future.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Ok, I was super excited about this product as a training aid when I first started reading and as I got further along I'm wandering if I am buying air... Will I actually get this product if I order it???

Originally Posted by Sai-Jin

From what I have been reading for the past many months, no, you won't get your item

So don't buy it.

Did you read the posting above?

Jeff has been ill for quite some time and is back now. Yes, his communication was waaaaay off and bad, but he's back, and usually you will get your PBS when you order now.

greetings

michi

"I have my own golf course and Par is whatever I say it is. There's a hole which is a Par13 and yesterday I damn nearly birdied that sucker." - Willie Nelson

Ok, I realize the posting above says he has been ill, but does anyone know anything else, I have sent a couple emails with no response. I would like to support him because I believe it's a good learning tool. But I'm getting very close to just making my own...

I'll sell one to someone, i found no use in it.  I could hit the ball well anyways.  Didn't change anything for me

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

• 5 months later...

• BOGO Free Offer will be extended until December 31, 2011! When you order one you will automatically get the second PBS for free. This offer begins December 7, 2011 and ends at 11:59 pm eastern standard time December 31, 2011! Please share this BOGO FREE information with all your golfing friends and contacts. To order visit: www.pureballstriker.com Jeff Evans, Inventor of the PBS Pure Ball Striker

• www.pureballstriker.com
    Develop the Perfect Golf Swing, by improving your feel for the perfect Swing.
Jeff Evans, Mizuno Brand Ambassador Master Instructor and the Inventor of the Pure Ball Striker

• 1 month later...

wow

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Note: This thread is 1186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!