IGNORED

Average Drive Carry Distance

Big Don
Note: This thread is 3613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 members have voted

1. 1. How Far Do You Carry Your Drive?

• Less than 200 yards
    • 200-225 Yards
    • 225-250 Yards
    • 250-275 Yards
    • Over 275 Yards

• Administrator
250-260. I have a lower ball flight, so I get some decent roll...but I'm usually hovering at or a bit higher than 250.

I think Dave's being modest. My own number is about 240-250 carry, average.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Dave's being modest. My own number is about 240-250 carry, average.

Maybe on a good day. :)

I wonder what percentage of people here have been on a launch monitor to see exactly how far they hit it. Like Mfumar said about his Sky Caddie, he thought he was a lot longer until he got it. I haven't had a chance to get on a monitor yet, but I'm betting my numbers would probably be somewhere in that neighborhood.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm carrying it 240ish.

Did anyone see page 76 of Golf Digest Ocotober 2006? Teenager Jamie Sadlowski with a 147 mph swing speed!!!!! There is a picture of his backswing.
My Bag

Taylor Made: R580XD, Graffaloy Prototype Comp NT X
Callaway: Hawkeye VFT Pro 13*, Fujikura Vista Pro 70 S
Taylor Made: Rescue Mid TP 16*, Fujikura Vista Pro 90 STop Flite: Tour Grind 3-P, Rifle 5.0Cleveland: CG10 Black Pearl 54*Cleveland: Reg. 485 60*Heavy Putter: B1 malletT...

• 2 weeks later...
I thought I hit about 275 until I got my Sky Caddy and actually started measuring my drives. It's really only about 235-245. 300 yard drives are a thing of the past now that I carry that thing around.

I think a lot of guys claiming the 300 yard bombs might be surprised if they started measuring using A GPS too.

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

• 4 weeks later...
I hit about 300 310 on most days. Its alot of fun watching the peoples eyes after I get through tatooing the side of intek with my driver. They all ask me (dude are you a pro?) I'm like no but I can work most of the course pros around the country I bet.

I hit about 300 310 on most days. Its alot of fun watching the peoples eyes after I get through tatooing the side of intek with my driver. They all ask me (dude are you a pro?) I'm like no but I can work most of the course pros around the country I bet.

According to the latest PGA tour stats your somewhere between Bubba Watson and John Daly then? How long have you been able to swing a club at 130 mph?

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

Is this you average or this when you really stroke one? If you averaging 3 bills that some good stuff!!

Driver:TaylorMade R580 XD Stiff
3 Wood:Wilson FY-brid 15*
Hybrid:Adams A3 Boxer # 3
Irons:Titleist Square Toe 4
Irons:Callaway X-20 5-PWWedges:Adams Tight Lies GT SWPutter: Ping Anser 2Ball: Wilson Ultra or Precept Lady IQ180 or Bridgestone e6+

Tiger?!? In the sandtrap forum?!? Think I can get an autograph? It must be a real hassle having to walk among the unwashed masses all the time, what with them asking if you're pro and all...I bet that gets real annoying.

What's in the bag?

Driver: r7 425, 9.5*, ReAx 65 S
Hybrid: FT, 14*, Aldila NV Hybrid 85 S 350
Hybrid: 585H, 21*, Aldila NV Hybrid 85 SIrons: MP 57, 3-PW, DGS300Wedges: CG10, 54, 58Putter: White Hot #4Ball: ProV1x

Wow, some great distances here. I'm about 210 carry with next to no roll due to poor flight. I am accurate, but am learning to curse it the other way and have been given very specific specs for a new driver. I was in Phoenix In February and played with a guy from there that was outdriving me by a hundred yards or so. I shot 84 and I'm pretty sure I beat him as he could do little else. More than one way to get it done is what I said to myself.

What's in my bag:
Driver : R7, 10.5 degree, stock stiff shaft
16 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler DWS, with stiff stock shaft
20 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff
26 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff6 - PW - Bridgestone CG Mid, Dynamic Gold LiteWedges : TBA...

This is sort of a catch 22 question for some of us; especially those whose CHS and swing doesn't match their handicap - of which I am one. Carry distance is hard to gauge but I'd say at least 290 perhaps 300-305 avg for me based on my avg CHS with a Bell Swingmate (105 for a 5iron and 125 for a driver) and a carry table on one of the big golf club manufacturer's websites which correlates 110mph and 265yds (about 2.4yds per mph). Total distance is much easier to measure than carry; last year I had an eagle and a birdie on back to back 340-345yd par 4 holes where I drove the green on both under good conditions. Back in 2002 I actually did a couple of ReMax qualifiers with an off the rack 44" 975D and had best official drives of 325 on a relatively cool windless day in NH and 342 the other day with a big tailwind (I actually advanced to the sectionals which I'm sure pissed off some of the ultra serious roiders with their bags full of 50" drivers).

I think it's Microsoft X-Box yardage......
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

where at in Maryland?

i'm just north of baltimore

i wish i could carry the ball 290... hell i wish i could carry it 275....

i just had my first lesson and found that I am not getting everything out of my swing that i can... so hopefully i can tear the old one down and rebuild a new one that allows me to take advantage of what little power i do have...

i really wish i had taken a lesson sooner... great info... i still cant imagine carrying a ball 300....

You're a 1-Handicapper and you have a problem carrying 250+?

2-Questions: 1)How do you become a 1-handicapper in Maryland?
2)How do you get down to a 1-Handicap with no legnth?

Help me help myself.....
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

I am from from Maryland, but don't carry the ball nearly that far and probably never will since I am a girl and very small. I am lucky to get it to go 200 yards. I am also a 12 handicap.

Note: This thread is 3613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!