IGNORED

Jamo's Blog on TheSandTrap

jamo
Note: This thread is 4819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Practice Sessions 1/27/11

I went to Forekicks again today, and it was a bit better. I wasn't really working on anything in particular, so the videos that I am including below aren't really much different. I have some ideas though, so next time I'll test 'em out.

6 Iron face on

6 Iron DTL

Driver face on

Driver DTL

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Practice Sessions 1/30/11

I went to Southborough's outdoor range today so I could see the full ballflight. Well, most of it at least. I could see it take off, then I'd lose it because it's hard to see the while golf ball against the white sky and snow, then I'd see splashdown. I had a pretty good day actually. I was trying some things out that I've been meaning to, and they seemed to work out well. I might get it on video tomorrow, so that should be good.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 1 month later...

Practice Sessions 2/25/11, 3/4/11, 3/11/11

I realized that I haven't been updating this the last few times. February 25th was unseasonably warm, so I got out to play at the range, and I hit it pretty well. On March 4th it was cold and windy, and the right to left wind coupled with my case of the pulls was not a great combination.

Today was better. I was hitting soft draws all day and got a chance to film my swing. The things I don't like are the same as usual. Flipping, shoulder turn too flat with my driver, Poor right foot action, and not quite enough weight shift. Anyways, the first two are 6 iron, the last two are driver.

In my bag:

• Administrator

Time for some dedicated wedge work, man. :-)

Push-draws with a CP release is where it's at!

P.S. Not a fan of CF in case that didn't make sense.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Time for some dedicated wedge work, man. :-)

Push-draws with a CP release is where it's at!

P.S. Not a fan of CF in case that didn't make sense.

CP is the goal, definitely.

In my bag:

Jamo,

Your head on your iron swings seems to dip and move alot...have you heard this before? also, in your irons it looked flat in the backswing...you turn around your spine with the driver but with your irons it seems like you're just turning your body instead of around your spine...if that makes sense?

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

• 1 month later...

Whoops, I haven't updated this in a while. I'm skipping a few ranges sessions, but since the last time I updated here I have played 2 rounds and taken video at the range once. The first round I played I shot 77 at George Wright March 30th , and then April 8th I shot a 37 at Deerfield. I haven't updated Scorcard yet, but I will once I get he scorecard for the first round, which I won't get for another month. I also went to the range yesterday and took some video, and though I haven't uploaded them you YouTube yet, I did spend some time today putting together some pictures that I'll discuss in my My Swing (jamo) thread.

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 4819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!