IGNORED

Site Works on an iPad?

motsco
Note: This thread is 4514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Howdy Gang,

I'm kinda lost on the new look around here, Looks great and seems smoother, I am just having a hard time finding everything.

Question,  Does anyone know if this site is IPAD friendly?

thanks,

Tom

As far as i can tell, yes.  I use iPad often and I have not had any problem with this site.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

It's the problem of the iPad's Safari.

Although everything is functional, it's quite hard to navigate and sometimes frustrating to start or reply to a post on iPad.

Driver SuperFast Burner 2.0  10.5 

Wood SuperFast Burner 2.0  15

nike.gif Hybrids SQ Sumo Hybrid #3, #4
ping.gifIrons G15 Iron #5 - Pw 
cleveland.gif Wedge CG15 50, 52, 56
odyssey.gifPutter White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Gary

It's the problem of the iPad's Safari.

Although everything is functional, it's quite hard to navigate and sometimes frustrating to start or reply to a post on iPad.

There are some improvements coming in a release tomorrow, too, to the "CK Editor" that the forum now uses.

You could also use the "BB Code Editor" or whatever that other version's called. If most of the problems are with the editor, that may clear some things up.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

All I have ever used to surf this site is my iPad , seems to function fine, but I suppose I wouldn't know otherwise since I don't surf it from my work macs.

When a company makes a club in the USA I will proudly display their brand here. All of mine were made in china by somebody making $2 a day. Shame on you Mr club manufacture.

• 10 months later...

I have trouble with certain videos such as the one here:  http://thesandtrap.com/t/54560/mark-omeara-hits-persimmon

Are  there any settings that I am missing?  It just shows a blank spot were the video should be.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I have trouble with certain videos such as the one here:  http://thesandtrap.com/t/54560/mark-omeara-hits-persimmon

Are  there any settings that I am missing?  It just shows a blank spot were the video should be.

Same here. I think it may be a problem with Safari and embedded YouTube video.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

• Administrator

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Unfortunately, Huddler is about two years behind the curve on something as simple as "supporting embedded YouTube videos" on an iPad. I thought you might have some success if you entered the YouTube HTML5 "trial" on your iPad, but I just did it now on my iPhone and it doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever. It's really silly, too, because it's not a difficult problem to solve.

We're told that "the mobile strategy" is the next big thing coming from Huddler, but don't expect it as a Christmas present, guys, unless we're talking about Christmas 2012.

This site as "powered by" Huddler has a lot of nice things, but this is one of the stupid, ugly, bad ones.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by motsco

Howdy Gang,

I'm kinda lost on the new look around here, Looks great and seems smoother, I am just having a hard time finding everything.

Question,  Does anyone know if this site is IPAD friendly?

thanks,

Tom

Most of my viewing and posting is on my iPhone 4s ( while I am supposed to be working), which has the same processor as the iPad 2. No problems here.

Taylormade R11 Driver

Taylormade Superfast 5W

Taylormade Superfast 2.0 #4 21* hybrid

Callaway Razr X #5 24* hybrid

Titleist CB 712 irons

Titleist Vokey 54* & 58* Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Del Mar

I tried browsing here via iPad using the Skyfire browser, which can handle Flash in some websites, but no go if you're thinking about using it.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 4 weeks later...

any update on if this site works on an iPad2? (just bought one and eagerly awaiting it's arrival next week)

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Gioguy21

any update on if this site works on an iPad2? (just bought one and eagerly awaiting it's arrival next week)

It works pretty well with the exception that embedded YouTube videos don't work. :-P

• 2 weeks later...

Another issue is that the reputation box will pull up but the button to add doesn't work. The cancel works, but not the add.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Writing posts is iffy. Definitely slow.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 4514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!