IGNORED

White Belts

Note: This thread is 3964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Danattherock

I find the whole white belt thing lame. Folks trying to look like the pros on TV. For that matter, I think the pros look lame wearing them. Everyone wants to hit the same driver, use the same shaft, wear the same belt, etc.. as the pros. I think it hurts their golf game and makes them look silly at the same time. The majority of us should not be trying to use the same equipment as our favorite pro, and sure as hell should not be trying to look like them. Like I said, it hurts your game and makes you look lame.

-Dan

I'm not sure who wears white belts on tour besides Camilo Villegas but nothing wrong to dress like the pros. I don't wear the white belt because of him but because I like it and what belt I wear does not dictate how I play. When I'm dressed better, it may inspire me to play better but not worse. Your logic is horrible in this.

Good one

Truth is, I am just mad because they don't sell white belts with cool belt buckles in size 54

Nah, they are lame. In 5 years most of you will agree.

-Dan

I've had a white belt for 2 years and people have wearing it commonly for longer than that so I guess time is almost up on those white belts.

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

I know many people (including myself) who have a 34" waist or higher whom are not even close to being overweight.  Mind you, most of the people I speak of are all 6'2" or taller and former DIV 1 athletes but others, ar3 35 or 36 and aren't overweight by any means.

As for the OP, I don't know why having variety is a bad thing?  A white belt is just another option than the same ole' black or brown belts that we have seen for years.  Personally, I have a huge collection of fashionable belts for golf and my every day work/casual attire and love the options.  Especially if you have the shoes to match.

Yes, that's why I boldfaced the "I". I do not play with the giants of the Sand Trap where everyone is like 6 foot something. Most of the people I play with are under 6' and any of them over 34" waist are fat. Obviously those stocky athletes can have waists larger than 34" without being fat but not anyone I know of.

Originally Posted by ohiolefty

Stop the insanity.

Stop it.

Okay - I don't care if your waist is a 22, a 32, a 42, a 62. You should try to match your BELT to your SHOES. Period. Thanks for comin' out. Try the veal.

Are you saying color match your belt and shoes? Because a lot of people own white shoes and do not own a white belt. I find that brown belt and black shoes work out fine.

« Keith »

I think I need to choose my words more carefully. I do not like the look of white belts therefore will not wear them. I wear basic colors such as a brown belt. With a standard khaki color pant or cargo shorts I wear blue, white, or green polo with white and brown Adidas golf shoes and a plain brown belt and my favorite white Adidas hat I have had for years (yes I am aware it matches my shoe brand but Adidas fits me perfectly that I never need to try on a pair I just buy what I think looks good. With my black Adidas golf shoes I wear a black belt and basically the same set up of clothes maybe throw in a grey polo. Just got the black shoes so when I wear them I am usually in my black wind pants and black thermal vest. Sorry for the clothing break down of sorts. No I do not think a white belt is a loud look but do think it stands out. When I say I do not want to stand out because of my clothes it is not really about the white belt but I guess could be construed that way, doesn't really matter. When I say I don't notice I am saying that most likely no one at the course I play at or when I play (usually after 3pm in spring and summer, or in the very early a.m.) are wearing them. And yes I am a pretty lousy golfer who has been only playing since August. Bottom line hate the white belt look but don't care if someone else wears it, but if asked I would tell someone no I do not like no matter how well they match. Damn this is a defensive post ha ha.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

This here is a no no. Especially with those ankle socks.

w4eyxoyi3afre4xf.jpg

This works just fine for me.

jlindebergAD006.jpg

post-3766-1162419520.jpg

Of course, I have gone out to play golf in some horrific outfits when I am lazy but I try my best to look good when I play. A white belt does not stand out much if you are worn with a very light colored shirt or pants/shorts.

« Keith »

I agree with Junki...that JT outfit is ridiculous.  I think people have to accept that golf fashion is a big part of the sport whether people care what they look like or not.  Kind of snobbish in a way, but I like it in a girly way.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Originally Posted by Quinn07

I agree with Junki...that JT outfit is ridiculous.  I think people have to accept that golf fashion is a big part of the sport whether people care what they look like or not.  Kind of snobbish in a way, but I like it in a girly way.

That guy wearing all black and a white belt looks foolish. Not golf foolish, just everyday off the course foolish.

golf-pants-1.jpg

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinn07

That guy wearing all black and a white belt looks foolish. Not golf foolish, just everyday off the course foolish.

The orange and the pants bother me more than the white belt.

« Keith »

Go for it Cassino. Why not this is a golf forum and everything golf should be shared without fear of ridicule. Visual aids are always good for people.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Originally Posted by CassinoNorth

I should post some of the outfits that I plan on wearing next season.

But I'll probably get crucified by the old school guys.

I can see someone ridiculing you for 1.) planning your golf attire months in advance, and 2.) referring to a shirt and pants as an "outfit". You might hear things like, there's a difference between being old school and 'not being a woman'."

Some people are so judgmental.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by wrx_junki

Quote:

I find the whole white belt thing lame. Folks trying to look like the pros on TV. For that matter, I think the pros look lame wearing them. Everyone wants to hit the same driver, use the same shaft, wear the same belt, etc.. as the pros. I think it hurts their golf game and makes them look silly at the same time. The majority of us should not be trying to use the same equipment as our favorite pro, and sure as hell should not be trying to look like them. Like I said, it hurts your game and makes you look lame.

-Dan

I'm not sure who wears white belts on tour besides Camilo Villegas but nothing wrong to dress like the pros. I don't wear the white belt because of him but because I like it and what belt I wear does not dictate how I play. When I'm dressed better, it may inspire me to play better but not worse. Your logic is horrible in this.

I've always believed in the above. As weird as it may be for some people to believe, I think that dressing well equals more self confidence, which leads to good results. In college, a couple of guys would leave the house decked out every so often. Turns out, they would dress considerably better for days when they had tests versus normal days of class. And sure enough, they'd do much better on days where they dressed up to take the tests. I was curious, so I remember looking the whole concept up, and sure enough, the people conducting the study would give a set of students a pre-test while all of them were dressed down (to ensure they were all on the same level of understanding of the subject matter going into the real test). The students that dressed up to take the real test performed consistently better, every time.

So why wouldn't the same thing apply to the golf course?

Furthermore, some people like to dog out those that like to dress a little like a pro. What's wrong with wanting to look the part? As a kid playing baseball, I'd do a lot of the things my favorite MLB player did (except beat up Halle Berry :P ). Nothing wrong with looking up to someone, and emulating them to an extent as long as it stays on the field of play, and knowing what parts not to emulate. Hell, it's the closest 99.99% of us will every get to doing something like a pro. I just dont see where the harm is in that.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Good post. It really is very easy to dress the part for golf, the attire is basically laid out for you. Collared shirt, pants(usually not jeans), belt, and hat if you choose. It really is that easy. Oh yeah make sure it matches and is not from your floor.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Quote:

Originally Posted by CassinoNorth

I should post some of the outfits that I plan on wearing next season.

But I'll probably get crucified by the old school guys.

I can see someone ridiculing you for 1.) planning your golf attire months in advance, and 2.) referring to a shirt and pants as an "outfit". You might hear things like, there's a difference between being old school and 'not being a woman'."

Some people are so judgmental.

Hey, I just got a ton of new golf attire for christmas and I'm excited. sue me.

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Go for it Cassino. Why not this is a golf forum and everything golf should be shared without fear of ridicule. Visual aids are always good for people.

Ye ask, and ye shall recieve:

Outfit 1: The Mauve Avenger

001-3.jpg

Outfit 2: White out

002-3.jpg

Outfit 3: Normal golfer

003-3.jpg

Outfit 4: Skater style. (probably would wear white shoes with this on 2nd look)

004-2.jpg

Outfit 5: I've ran out of outfit names

005-1.jpg

and why yes, if you were wondering I am Rickie Fowler.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Was curious about the Puma gear, keep an update of how it performs(probably will be a while). I see how the white belt comes into play(you should switch it for a Puma one, or Nike shirt , the Nike stand out with that , just my 2 cents) I still can't get down with it just not me. Other than the white belt it looks good thanks for sharing.

Q: How do all of you feel about wearing different brand name together? Just curious. I love Adidas shoes they just fit me really well but really like some of the Nike shirts out on the market and Under Armour stuff is nice also.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Lol I like the Ricky Fowler look. IDK if I could pass off the flat billed hat, though. I have a big head. I know Titleist makes a flat billed hat that they sell at the PGA Superstore, and I think it actually isnt as big as the Puma bill.

Jman - I wear Footjoy shoes, Slazenger shorts, Nike/Adidas shirts. Im also 6'3 250lbs. I doubt anyone cares, or will even address the issue with me lol. Honestly, if it looks good go for it. Unless you're wearing one of those Adidas shirts that has the big 3 stripes or the logo and shorts with a huge nike swoosh down the side I'm sure you are ok. I might try to look like a pro, but I also dont get my clothes for free so Im buying the cheapest/comfortable stuff I can buy.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Was curious about the Puma gear, keep an update of how it performs(probably will be a while). I see how the white belt comes into play(you should switch it for a Puma one, or Nike shirt , the Nike stand out with that , just my 2 cents) I still can't get down with it just not me. Other than the white belt it looks good thanks for sharing.

Q: How do all of you feel about wearing different brand name together? Just curious. I love Adidas shoes they just fit me really well but really like some of the Nike shirts out on the market and Under Armour stuff is nice also.

I was going to get a Puma belt, and still probably will. I actually am a big fan of their logo women's belt (the buckle at least) that I might buy and strip off the actual belt.

I don't mind cross mixing brands all that much...especially if its UA. I usually like to match the hat/shirt as they're right next to each other and pretty noticable, belt doesn't hurt either. Shoes...color is the only thing that matters for me.

Originally Posted by kpaulhus

Lol I like the Ricky Fowler look. IDK if I could pass off the flat billed hat, though. I have a big head. I know Titleist makes a flat billed hat that they sell at the PGA Superstore, and I think it actually isnt as big as the Puma bill.

Jman - I wear Footjoy shoes, Slazenger shorts, Nike/Adidas shirts. Im also 6'3 250lbs. I doubt anyone cares, or will even address the issue with me lol. Honestly, if it looks good go for it. Unless you're wearing one of those Adidas shirts that has the big 3 stripes or the logo and shorts with a huge nike swoosh down the side I'm sure you are ok. I might try to look like a pro, but I also dont get my clothes for free so Im buying the cheapest/comfortable stuff I can buy.

Ha, I got longish hair like him and already wear flat brimmed hats anyways so it was right up my alley.

For reference I'm 5'11, 190 lbs, 33" waist.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Originally Posted by kpaulhus

I never really worry about the logo's since I don't own golf pants. But with Nike and Adidas the logo's are very prominent. but if I get a good deal on either I guess it wouldn't hurt to wear my Adidas golf shoes and whatever brand shirt I have. Under Armor and Footjoy are solid brands and I would say are the type of brand that can be worn with whatever IMO.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

This has been a good month for the white belt crowd. Not only can they wear them on the course but they can now serve openly in the military. "Not that there is anything wrong with that."

• Upvote 1

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Note: This thread is 3964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!