• Announcements

    • iacas

      GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

      Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dad-2-3

Latest purchase..Powerbilt Cart bag from Goodwill bright orange

12 posts in this topic

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think it's so ugly it's beautiful.

I won't say what I paid, but I know its worth substantially more than I paid. Very sturdy construction/stitching. They don't make them like this anymore. No rips, or tears in the leather and all zippers work great. The rain hood tops it off (No pun intended).This will probably be on the Bay before too long, although I'm half tempted to keep it. I would never take it to the course, because it screams for attention that my game doesn't deserve. I would put it in an office or den as a club storage container of sorts. I thought it was quite a find.

DSC09340.JPG DSC09342.jpg DSC09343.jpg DSC09341.jpg DSC09345.jpg DSC09344.jpg

DSC09346.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

That is a cool find. I am a big supporter of Goodwill in particular, but thrift shops in general are fun places to shop from time to time.

If it were me, I might be tempted to keep it and maybe use it to store an old set or spare clubs instead of just having them lay around in a corner or closet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like The classic styling and leather construction. Grab some persimmon woods and old blades and go play some vintage golf ....pimp style. B-)
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Dad-2-3

I was browsing the "vintage" golf gear on ebay and came across this. Granted this is a Staff bag with all the accessories, but daaaaayum!!! $285

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Power-Bilt-Orange-Cart-Staff-Golf-Bag-w-Cover-/370468403262?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash;=item5641a3383e



Could it be any more orange!?!?

You better have game to "game" that!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by sean_miller

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad-2-3

I was browsing the "vintage" golf gear on ebay and came across this. Granted this is a Staff bag with all the accessories, but daaaaayum!!! $285

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Power-Bilt-Orange-Cart-Staff-Golf-Bag-w-Cover-/370468403262?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash;=item5641a3383e

Could it be any more orange!?!?

You better have game to "game" that!


I don't have the "game" to do it and probably wouldn't anyway--too orange.  But I do like the old vintage style bags-reminds me of the good ole days.

I think I might keep it to keep extras in--but for $285 she'd be GONE!

My main cart gamer is a huge white PING staff bag that I don't have the game for either--but I bought it for $6 at a church yard sale.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats sweet...cooler that anything at the Goodwill in the town near me... being in that store feels like being in a huge dirty public bathroom that is never cleaned...They did have a big putting carpet but they wanted a lot for it unless that wasnt their tag.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saw a guy with the same bag last weekend at tahquits in palm springs , I thought it was pretty cool. Hope you have been using yours and enjoying it.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that big old staff bag eventually went for $170.

Mine is currently on the bay. I doubt it'll go for the current price, but we'll see. I will probably just end up keeping it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-POWERBILT-GOLF-BAG-ORANGE-CART-BAG-NICE-/400185218827?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash;=item5d2ce5d70b

As for the unclean dirty comment. I feel the same, that's why they make soap and water.

I feel especially dirty when I walk out with a steal of a bargain!! Just the other day my wife bought an old pentax camera ($60-$100) for $2. Some people just don't bother with looking up the value of their old "junk".

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Dad-2-3

I think that big old staff bag eventually went for $170.

Mine is currently on the bay. I doubt it'll go for the current price, but we'll see. I will probably just end up keeping it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-POWERBILT-GOLF-BAG-ORANGE-CART-BAG-NICE-/400185218827?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash;=item5d2ce5d70b

As for the unclean dirty comment. I feel the same, that's why they make soap and water.

I feel especially dirty when I walk out with a steal of a bargain!! Just the other day my wife bought an old pentax camera ($60-$100) for $2. Some people just don't bother with looking up the value of their old "junk".


I don't consider taking something to Goodwill (or Salvation Army or Value Village or Bibles For Missions) to be losing out on money. I consider it a donation to charity, albeit one without a tax receipt. It makes me feel better than fielding 50 emails to possibly have someone take enough interest to haggle over a $10 item. Some people live to haggle. Me not so much.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by sean_miller

I don't consider taking something to Goodwill (or Salvation Army or Value Village or Bibles For Missions) to be losing out on money. I consider it a donation to charity, albeit one without a tax receipt. It makes me feel better than fielding 50 emails to possibly have someone take enough interest to haggle over a $10 item. Some people live to haggle. Me not so much.



Goodwill gives out receipts for tax purposes if you care to take one.

You make a good point. It is a donation to charity.

As for haggling, I'm a cheapskate, so it comes with the territory I guess.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a Truck Driver for Goodwill and you would be surprised at the quality of some of the GOLF Equipment we get donated!! The prices are really cheap also. I suggest to everyone, go to your local Goodwill and see what they have.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0