IGNORED

Pipe Dream Show

Quinn07
Note: This thread is 2661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I thought episode #1 was pretty good. Well produced. I guess the show had to drop because real life wasn't going to fit the narrative of returning to golf.

The irony is that real life probably was a better reality show.

Mark's girlfriend Beverly Johnson was one of Bill Cosby's accusers.

Mark sued Beverly for palimony, and CNN for $19M for defamation.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/42489316.html

http://caribbeanbusiness.com/appeals-court-dismisses-libel-suit-against-cnn/

Mark himself seems to fade from the news. The latest I find from him is a long and somewhat rambling statement on his Facebook page slamming Beverly, on Jan 13 2015:

https://www.facebook.com/mark.burk.545?fref=ts

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

20 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

Correction:

The latest was an apparent effort to revive the reality show concept in Puerto Rico. He links to these videos via twitter  on July 26, 2016:

http://www.sentidocomun.tv/dreamchaser-pr

• Administrator

I think you'll discover the guy needs mental help, continually spits on people and opportunities, and is overall not bright, nice, or sane.

His former wife was a model. What does her role with Bill Cosby have to do with anything?

My memory of the show is faded but at no point does he come across as a sympathetic character, IIRC.

Good luck.

• Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

His former wife was a model. What does her role with Bill Cosby have to do with anything?

One of Burk's last public statements addressed it. Just shows his priorities and thought patterns. 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I think you'll discover the guy needs mental help, continually spits on people and opportunities, and is overall not bright, nice, or sane.

My memory of the show is faded but at no point does he come across as a sympathetic character, IIRC.

Good luck.

Exactly, and he never convinced me that he wanted to achieve the goal they had set for him.  I don't want to say GC exploited Mark but he clearly needed help and counseling far beyond what they seemed willing to provide on camera.  

He was ungrateful, lazy and seemed to resent those that tried to help him.  

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator
1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

Exactly, and he never convinced me that he wanted to achieve the goal they had set for him.  I don't want to say GC exploited Mark but he clearly needed help and counseling far beyond what they seemed willing to provide on camera.  

He was ungrateful, lazy and seemed to resent those that tried to help him.  

That's my recollection.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately my fascination with this failed show will remain unfulfilled. 

Golf Channel lists full episodes but they don't play. Instead of the stream I get the message  "Requested format not available". Let me know if you see something different.

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/pipe-dream-episode-3/

On 1/11/2017 at 0:55 AM, gregsandiego said:

Unfortunately my fascination with this failed show will remain unfulfilled. 

Golf Channel lists full episodes but they don't play. Instead of the stream I get the message  "Requested format not available". Let me know if you see something different.

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/pipe-dream-episode-3/

I get the same...and I wasn't able to find anywhere else to stream if from.

It's a terrible show if that helps, lol.  

I don't know why they don't replay more of their shows on TGC...instead of playing Tin Cup 4 times a day . .why not throw in some re-runs of their original shows when things are slow in the golf world?

• Administrator

Some of those shows might be bought.

Plus I'm more likely to watch a little Tin Cup than an old Big Break. 

Well, that's true, lol . .I have seen Tin Cup...at least parts of it . .a bazillion times.  I'm always up to watch a few minutes of Tin Cup on TGC when there's nothing else on.  

8 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Well, that's true, lol . .I have seen Tin Cup...at least parts of it . .a bazillion times.  I'm always up to watch a few minutes of Tin Cup on TGC when there's nothing else on.  

I'll watch a bit o it when it's on but not the whole thing. 

10 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

I get the same...and I wasn't able to find anywhere else to stream if from.

It's a terrible show if that helps, lol.  

I don't know why they don't replay more of their shows on TGC...instead of playing Tin Cup 4 times a day . .why not throw in some re-runs of their original shows when things are slow in the golf world?

Thanks for verifying. I sent The GOlf CHannel an email. No word back yet.

Note: This thread is 2661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!