IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 To Feature Augusta National

Bo the Golfer
Note: This thread is 4321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And... I have an Xbox 360 sitting in the box on my coffee table.  I also preordered TW12.  In retrospect, picking up a game for the meantime would have been a smart move, so I can check that the system works, etc.  For now, I'm not even sure how soon I will set it up to my TV.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Shindig

And... I have an Xbox 360 sitting in the box on my coffee table.  I also preordered TW12.  In retrospect, picking up a game for the meantime would have been a smart move, so I can check that the system works, etc.  For now, I'm not even sure how soon I will set it up to my TV.

Where did you preorder, and what do you get with the preorder? I'd like to compile a list of what you get from each retailer for free if you preorder.

I know that for the 360, if you preorder from Gamestop, you get Bethpage Black for free.

Amazon gives you an extra club - the "Georgia Classic Putter"

PS3 preorders will get a code for Turnberry

WalMart - Exclusive Precision Boost Driver and Iron Set w/ Bonus $10 eGift Card (Xbox 360)

Best Buy - Cant find anything yet

If others can please post any additional preorder bonuses, along with where, what console, and details on what exactly you get, it would probably be helpful to some people.

My thought is that the best deal is going to be whatever special gets you the most courses, as equipment will be earned eventually, but you'll always have to pay extra for courses.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Where did you preorder, and what do you get with the preorder? I'd like to compile a list of what you get from each retailer for free if you preorder.

I know that for the 360, if you preorder from Gamestop, you get Bethpage Black for free.

Gamestop, because of Bethpage Black. I didn't realize other places had alternate offers for pre-order, but yeah, I wanted Bethpage. This is why I pre-ordered instead of waiting for the game to come out to get it. So, is the small list on EA's site the extent of the courses? http://www.ea.com/tiger-woods/blog/more-courses is a list, but I think the cover says 12 more (I presume 12 + Augusta, it means). I was hoping Torrey Pines (or at least Torrey South) would be in it - I played it once at a friend's place, but I forget which console and which game year. The PS3 Collector version has more courses, and the Wii version has even more. I'm guessing downloading more for the Xbox is why I got the 250 GB HD. The space will have to go to some good use -- there's a very small number of other games I'm planning to get for the system at the moment.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Can't wait to get this on 360....hopefully they fix the FOCUS meter a bit....it depletes too fast and takes too much to build back up....can't wait to shoot 54 at Augusta :)

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Quote:

Originally Posted by ControlJunkie

Gamestop, because of Bethpage Black. I didn't realize other places had alternate offers for pre-order, but yeah, I wanted Bethpage. This is why I pre-ordered instead of waiting for the game to come out to get it.

So, is the small list on EA's site the extent of the courses? http://www.ea.com/tiger-woods/blog/more-courses is a list, but I think the cover says 12 more (I presume 12 + Augusta, it means). I was hoping Torrey Pines (or at least Torrey South) would be in it - I played it once at a friend's place, but I forget which console and which game year.

The PS3 Collector version has more courses, and the Wii version has even more. I'm guessing downloading more for the Xbox is why I got the 250 GB HD. The space will have to go to some good use -- there's a very small number of other games I'm planning to get for the system at the moment.

Torrey Pines was in TW:11, so unless they removed it (which I doubt), they'll be there.  The list on that ea site doesn't seem complete, I recall a few more courses that I didn't see in that list.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Can't wait to get this on 360....hopefully they fix the FOCUS meter a bit....it depletes too fast and takes too much to build back up....can't wait to shoot 54 at Augusta :)

Do they do best ball format? Because I'd like to eventually beat Jack's 48 at Augusta. :) [quote name="ejimsmith" url="/forum/thread/43050/tiger-woods-pga-tour-2012-to-feature-augusta-national/54#post_584410"]

Torrey Pines was in TW:11, so unless they removed it (which I doubt), they'll be there.  The list on that ea site doesn't seem complete, I recall a few more courses that I didn't see in that list.

[/quote] Thanks. I hope you're right, because I'll be very excited!

-- Michael | My swing! 

Gamestop, because of Bethpage Black. I didn't realize other places had alternate offers for pre-order, but yeah, I wanted Bethpage. This is why I pre-ordered instead of waiting for the game to come out to get it.

So, is the small list on EA's site the extent of the courses? http://www.ea.com/tiger-woods/blog/more-courses is a list, but I think the cover says 12 more (I presume 12 + Augusta, it means). I was hoping Torrey Pines (or at least Torrey South) would be in it - I played it once at a friend's place, but I forget which console and which game year.

The PS3 Collector version has more courses, and the Wii version has even more. I'm guessing downloading more for the Xbox is why I got the 250 GB HD. The space will have to go to some good use -- there's a very small number of other games I'm planning to get for the system at the moment.

Quick question: If you pre-order from GameStop, do you have to pick up the game at that location, or can it be any GameStop?

Also I'm pretty sure Torrey Pines will be one of the games that you would have to download (for a fee).

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Quick question: If you pre-order from GameStop, do you have to pick up the game at that location, or can it be any GameStop?

Also I'm pretty sure Torrey Pines will be one of the games that you would have to download (for a fee).

I think I have to pick it up from the same location.  No matter anyway (to me at least):  I won't have class on the day it comes out and it's right near my parents (who live elsewhere in Los Angeles).  I might pack up the 360 (I just plugged it in, haven't turned it on yet.  I guess I should), buy another controller, and convince my mom to take the day off of work.  You might want to ask them though.

Any idea what the courses cost to download in previous installments?  And I'm guessing this means there won't be a Torrey event in career mode (or whatever they call that hexagon thing from some recent versions)?

-- Michael | My swing! 

I think I have to pick it up from the same location.  No matter anyway (to me at least):  I won't have class on the day it comes out and it's right near my parents (who live elsewhere in Los Angeles).  I might pack up the 360 (I just plugged it in, haven't turned it on yet.  I guess I should), buy another controller, and convince my mom to take the day off of work.  You might want to ask them though.

Any idea what the courses cost to download in previous installments?  And I'm guessing this means there won't be a Torrey event in career mode (or whatever they call that hexagon thing from some recent versions)?

I think the extra courses should be $10.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I was re-reading this and found this:

Originally Posted by dmnoland

The five hole preview comes out tomorrow for PS3 and XBox. No Wii preview for some reason.

Has anyone tried the demo yet?  Is it something I'll see as soon as I start up my Xbox and get on the internet with it?

-- Michael | My swing! 

I was re-reading this and found this:

Has anyone tried the demo yet?  Is it something I'll see as soon as I start up my Xbox and get on the internet with it?

I haven't tried the demo, but you will likely have to do some setting up of your 360 if you haven't yet. You'll probably need to pick a Gamertag and set up a profile before you can download anything, there will probably be a few system updates, you'll need to configure your network connections, that kind of stuff. Once you do that it's pretty simple to download the demo, though it does take a while to download (depending on your network speed).

In my bag:

I haven't tried the demo, but you will likely have to do some setting up of your 360 if you haven't yet. You'll probably need to pick a Gamertag and set up a profile before you can download anything, there will probably be a few system updates, you'll need to configure your network connections, that kind of stuff. Once you do that it's pretty simple to download the demo, though it does take a while to download (depending on your network speed).

Well, I set up and evidently have a free month of XBox Live Gold, but they assigned me a silly name (I assume that's the gamer tag?).  On the plus side, it appears I can watch ESPN on this thing;  that alone may be worth the cost of Live Gold (although I'm sure I'll use other features).

Alright, onto finding the demo.  I'll report back when I find it (although that may not be tonight at this point).

EDIT:  Nevermind;  that was easy.  Games Marketplace > Demos > Sports Games > Tiger Woods.  1.64 GB, so I'm going to ... I guess I'll try to leave the network alone until then!

-- Michael | My swing! 

Thanks for the info guys!

And I played the short demo that came out last week. It was very short, but was pretty sweet, I liked it.

The one thing that sucks is that the day of release, you've spent $60 for the game, but of course there will already be DLC available for $10 in the form of additional courses. Makes me mad, that stuff should be included with the game. I'm pretty sure in the past it's been $10 for a 3-course pack.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Originally Posted by ControlJunkie

And I played the short demo that came out last week. It was very short, but was pretty sweet, I liked it.

The one thing that sucks is that the day of release, you've spent $60 for the game, but of course there will already be DLC available for $10 in the form of additional courses. Makes me mad, that stuff should be included with the game. I'm pretty sure in the past it's been $10 for a 3-course pack.

I haven't set up my XBox to use HDMI (yet), and it still looks gorgeous!  The demo was nice.  And I noticed the Xbox controller has fewer buttons than I remember it having when playing at friends' places.  Seems to me there used to be a button I would jam on to really gear up on a driver.  In any case, March 29 can't come soon enough!

I will probably wait a week or two to get the new courses, assuming there isn't a time limit on these things.

-- Michael | My swing! 

I haven't set up my XBox to use HDMI (yet), and it still looks gorgeous!  The demo was nice.  And I noticed the Xbox controller has fewer buttons than I remember it having when playing at friends' places.  Seems to me there used to be a button I would jam on to really gear up on a driver.  In any case, March 29 can't come soon enough!

I will probably wait a week or two to get the new courses, assuming there isn't a time limit on these things.

If you are comparing it to the original Xbox controller, the 360 one has replaces the black and white buttons with the LB and RB buttons. For the original Xbox versions of Tiger Woods, you used to be able to mash on the white button to power up a driver. There is something similar to that for 360, I just forget which button they have designated for that purpose.

In my bag:

Usually they've released add on courses initially one at a time for around either 6.99-7.99 ea. After the initial buyers (me) have bitten...they released them as multi course packs for a better deal. I get so much use out of the games and the add-on courses I don't sweat the prices...you can't play 9 holes for the price of one of these courses and I'll be playing them long into the winter months. The demo has me excited to get the game. I pre-ordered from EA with the extra courses. Can't wait to get back on a real course this year though. should be soon!

If you are comparing it to the original Xbox controller, the 360 one has replaces the black and white buttons with the LB and RB buttons. For the original Xbox versions of Tiger Woods, you used to be able to mash on the white button to power up a driver. There is something similar to that for 360, I just forget which button they have designated for that purpose.

Yep, that's what I was thinking of.  I'm sure the instruction booklet will contain the information I need.  I also remember the original controller not fitting my hands ( http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/3/25/ comes to mind;  note: adult language at link target ).  I suspect this matches more with the small controller of the original system.

Well, I have two weeks to get used to the controls by guessing.  One day I'll figure out why the putting meter disappears at inopportune moments, too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 4321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!