IGNORED

Anybody used NITRO balls ?

Note: This thread is 2708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They're cheapies, yes ... but wondering if they're about on par with Top Flite or Wilsons (for about the same money, I'm hoping they may be better ??)

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/nitro-maximum-distance-bonus-pack-golf-balls.html

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I personally prefer the Top Flite XL7000 to Nitros for not a lot more money.

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

Absolute crap in my opinion. Top flite are much better for cheapies.

Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

I had a weird experience with a NITRO. I found it on the 8th hole of a par 3 course on Long Island, and I decided to use it on the next hole. I hit my tee shot into a bunker but I chipped in. For about the next year I would pull that ball out when I really want to go for something, and it always seemed to pull through. Unfortunately I lost it someway or another, so the luck must have run out of luck at some point.

But, yeah, the balls are crap. They might be $12 for 30 but it's really a waste of money. Spend $20 (or less, they are frequently on sale) and get a dozen of Top Flite Gamers. They're much more worth it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

^Yea the gamers are undoubtedly the best ball for $20 a dozen right now. If your looking to go cheaper with similar performance the top flite D2 feel is also good. They go for a buck a ball and I also believe they are the best for that price category.

Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

I second this-D2 Feel is a great ball.  I stopped buying the Gamer back in 2009 because the D2 Feel was 98% as good at about 60% of the price.  If I go into a golf shop needing some golf balls and there are no great deals to be had I'll just go with the D2 Feel at $1/ball.

Originally Posted by TaylorMadeTaylor

^Yea the gamers are undoubtedly the best ball for $20 a dozen right now. If your looking to go cheaper with similar performance the top flite D2 feel is also good. They go for a buck a ball and I also believe they are the best for that price category.

Interesting - thanks.     How does the Top Flite D2 compare to the even cheaper XL ?

John

Originally Posted by inthehole

Interesting - thanks.     How does the Top Flite D2 compare to the even cheaper XL ?

I've used the D2 Straight and the XL7000 Straight balls. I liked the D2s, but I couldn't tell enough of a difference between them to keep spending the extra few bucks. You may be able to tell the difference, and for the minimal price difference, it is worth trying out.

Now I just buy Nike Crush from lostgolfballs.com.

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

Originally Posted by FenderStrat62

I've used the D2 Straight and the XL7000 Straight balls. I liked the D2s, but I couldn't tell enough of a difference between them to keep spending the extra few bucks. You may be able to tell the difference, and for the minimal price difference, it is worth trying out.

Now I just buy Nike Crush from lostgolfballs.com.

Hey Fenderstrat62,

Nice handle (although I'm a die hard Les Paul guy at heart ) ... I agree on the D2 vs. XL.       Get this - I have a bunch of old XL's & they had such a hard covering - they make a distinctive high pitched ping sound - totally different than any other ball (which is why I suspect alot of guys don't like them & lovingly refer to them as "rock flites").      I got a new box of XL's recently & they sound just like any other ball now - obviously, Top Flite has changed the composition of their XL ball (probably due to the bad rap it always had).

John

• 5 years later...
Note: This thread is 2708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!