IGNORED

Pinehurst NC area course suggestions

ffemtp
Note: This thread is 4800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking for some suggestions on courses in the Pinehurst area.   We have played there the past two years and are planning a trip for this summer.

Courses we have played in the past are:  Legacy, The Pit, Tobacco Road, Southern Pines, Mid Pines, and Pine needles.

What are some other nice courses that are not too expensive?  All of the Pinehurst courses are out of our budget.  Thanks for any information.

Check out:

The Carolina

Woodlake

Whispering Pines

Whispering Woods

Beacon Ridge

Foxfire

Longleaf

Talamore

Little River

Check rates at www.golfnow.com or on the actual course website as most have posted specials.  Also, check out www.sandhillsgolf.com

Have fun!

In mymaxfli.gif Tour Stand Bag:
callaway.gifHyper X Tour - 10.5* Driver - Fujikura Fit-On E-360 Stiff Shaft
titleist.gif980F 15* 3wd - Fujikura Speeder Stiff Shaft
callaway.gif FT - 18* Hybrid - Fujikura Fit-On M Stiff Shaft
ping.gifISI-K - 3-pw - Ping Z-z65 Stiff Steel Shaftscleveland.gif588DSG - 56* SW & 60* LWheavyputter.gif B3-M Puttercallaway.gifsrixon.gif, or titleist.gifBalls     

Originally Posted by ffemtp

I am looking for some suggestions on courses in the Pinehurst area.   We have played there the past two years and are planning a trip for this summer.

Courses we have played in the past are:  Legacy, The Pit, Tobacco Road, Southern Pines, Mid Pines, and Pine needles.

What are some other nice courses that are not too expensive?  All of the Pinehurst courses are out of our budget.  Thanks for any information.

Sorry, don't have any other course recommendations but wondering how you liked Tobacco Road?? Played it last November and, man, that is one crazy track! Drove straight there from Baltimore (5 hours) and eagled the first hole! Ended up shooting an 83... loved it. But I have never seen a course like it!

--- Rebel Golfer ---

I was just down in NC last weekend and I'm going back for my annual buddies trip in a month.  Tobacco Road is in great shape right now compared to a lot of other courses.  They must have overseeded.  Half the greens have been punched but they're starting to fill in nice.

One course that is inexpensive and we've heard some recently good things about due to an investment and renovation is Hyland.  It's on the lower end of the price spectrum and a few people mentioned the name when I was down there this week.

Golfnow is definitely the way to go if you're looking to save too.  I've done quite a few courses down there using it and always have a good time.

Originally Posted by Rebel_Golfer

Sorry, don't have any other course recommendations but wondering how you liked Tobacco Road?? Played it last November and, man, that is one crazy track! Drove straight there from Baltimore (5 hours) and eagled the first hole! Ended up shooting an 83... loved it. But I have never seen a course like it!

I liked Tobacco Road.  Deffinately different.  Not a course I would want to play all the time, but it is a fun course.  A shot makers course for sure.

You've played some of the nicer courses down there.  A couple off the top of my head that were nice are National Golf Club (not sure how easy it is to get on) and Talamore.  I saw you have Pine Needles on your list...I could play that course every time I'm in that area.  If you can make a bit of a northern trip to Greensboro, I highly suggest you hit Grandover.  They have 36 there and both tracks are pretty nice.  The East course is the better of the two.  Just check to make sure they are both open when you go...they have a tendency to shut one down from time to time.  The rates have been very good lately.

I'm not a big fan of Tot Hill Farms.  I've played in numerous times and if you've played Tobacco Road just imagine it except twice as crazy.  Tobacco Road is playable...Tot Hill is silly.  The funny thing is that Strantz built one of my least favorite courses (Tot Hill) and one of my absolute favorites (Caledonia).

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you're looking for cheap then you could check out Sanford golf course, it's about 45 minutes away from Pinehurst. I really like it but I've only played the $20 a round courses since I started playing golf. I'm still itching to play one of the $60 and up courses but I don't want to spend that much until my game improves significantly.

Carolina lakes is pretty nice too if you don't mind a million houses lining both sides of each and every fairway and at the end of the greens. It's another $20 a round course and it's about the same distance.

Quail Ridge seems alright too (about 30 minutes from Pinehurst straight up US1).

I can't wait for the grass to start turning green, all the courses I've played still have that ball hiding brown grass on them.

Tobacco Road is really green right now but I'm not going to play that one yet due to the price and my skill level.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

Note: This thread is 4800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!