IGNORED

How good can Kaymer become?

deasy55
Note: This thread is 4806 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He is going for his 18th win(10 on major tours) as a pro today and he's only just 26.

2007 European Tour Rookie of the Year

2008 2 wins

2009 2 wins (missed last few months of the season due to go-karting injury)

2010 4 wins including a major and also was a rookie at the Ryder Cup. Won money list.

2011 World Number 1

I believe he definitely has the potential to get 8-9 majors under his belt

What does everyone else think?

Well thats though to answer - but since his current game got him to Nr. 1 - why would you change ANYTHING in your game - just as so many people did and now struggeling with it.

Just keep it as it is, and go your way and things will develop from there.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

When I did an article on Kaymer a few weeks ago, one of the things that I noticed was just how hot he can get. He might be one of only three players in the world (with Tiger and Phil) who has the capacity to really just catch fire and start rattling off wins, no matter what tour he is playing on.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I didn't realize he's won that much already.  I wonder if he does become an 8-9 major winner will anyone stick around to watch?

Originally Posted by deasy55

He is going for his 18th win(10 on major tours) as a pro today and he's only just 26.

2007 European Tour Rookie of the Year

2008 2 wins

2009 2 wins (missed last few months of the season due to go-karting injury)

2010 4 wins including a major and also was a rookie at the Ryder Cup. Won money list.

2011 World Number 1

I believe he definitely has the potential to get 8-9 majors under his belt

What does everyone else think?

As hot as he is he should be number one for a while. He has the tools and seems to have the mentality to be a dominant force. I am not sure about that many majors as that is off the charts.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

He is a really good player and got more potential than the average multiple tour winner. Reaching the number one spot on the OWGR this week is a good feat, he's played well for a long time now. Not the most animate player out there, but he plays good golf. He makes few mistakes and are able to score low when he gets going, I've been a fan ever since I saw him a tournament some years ago on the Euro Tour.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A better question would probably how long can he continue to play at a level that would keep him at #1.  You could make the argument that he could use a little more consistency in terms of ballstriking and he could use to start making more of his longer putts but if it were me, Id dont think Id be messing with my swing much.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 4806 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!