• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NickDarius

Cart & clubs branding

12 posts in this topic

I play Taylor Made clubs woods and irons, is it odd to but a Callaway bag? Do most people buy bags that represent the clbs they play or do you even care? I'm in the market for a new bag and my local Costco just received new Callaway cart bags and they are really inexpensive. I was looking for Taylor Made bags, but they don't have anything I like for my price range. I also like an Ogio bag, but this Callaway looks really nice for $100! Looking for opnions

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I'm sure some people prefer to have everything match, I think you should pick the gear that works best for you.  I didn't like the Callaway bags as much as Nikes stand bag and Titleists cart bag, so I went with what I liked even though most of my clubs are Callaway.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Theres absolutely no reason why you shouldnt buy a Callaway bag if you like it.  A lot of people like to have everything match, but honestly, who cares?

Its not as if you are being paid to have a certain company's logos on your stuff.

I have trouble carrying a branded bag or wearing a branded hat, if I don't have at least one club from that manufacturer I wouldn't do it. I know it is silly. I use sun mountain bags so I can ho any club.

Sun Mountain and OGIO if you're looking for neutral bag...Both are extremely great, and you can find them for $100 on ebay and other places. That's my suggestion.

Originally Posted by 2bGood

I have trouble carrying a branded bag or wearing a branded hat, if I don't have at least one club from that manufacturer I wouldn't do it. I know it is silly. I use sun mountain bags so I can ho any club.

Normally I feel the same way, but really does it matter...maybe I can play Callaway balls! In Canada everything is a little more expensive, so finding inexpensive bags that can last longer then 1 season is hard. Not sure yet...

While I'm sure there are some that would disagree I personally couldn't care less if my stuff matches or not...

I have a Taylor Made cap and towel but do not game their clubs (hat was a present and the towel was the cheapest one in the pro shop when I forgot to bring one!)

I also have a Pro V1 cap but generally play Bridgestone or Wilson Staff balls, bought because it was 1/2 price, red and flexi fit...

Even so far as my clubs go it doesn't worry me, I play a 51 degree vokey and a 56 degree cleveland.. both were bought on sale when I wanted a change....

If the bag is cheap and you like it why not!

i personally dont wanna be the clubs match the bag guy but others dont mind. if you like it, you do it. dont worry about it.

OK, so I bit the bullet and bought it. I figure I'd take it home, put my clubs in it, try on my new push cart and if everything "fits" well I'll keep it. Costco has a 30 day refund policy.

Callaway.jpg

Here it is. It's really a nice bag, especially for the money. I guess I will look at it as a golf bag made by Callaway, not a club maker's golf bag. A small nuance, but I can live with it.

I know a lot of people who have Ping bags even though they dont own a single Ping club. Apparently Ping bags are THAT good.

Most of my clubs are Callaway, but I also carry a TM Raylor, a Ping putter and three Cleveland wedges.

My bag is SunMountain, and I would probably replace it with Sun Mountain unless Callaway sponsors me. (Any Callaway reps out there.... make me an offer...)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades