IGNORED

Marijuana use and the golf game

tanktwo2
Note: This thread is 2720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Elvisliveson

I'm still trying to figure out how they kept hitting it OB yet posted rounds of 1 under and 2 over.

Good point.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Tiger90

GO JETS....sorry i just saw your logo and had to say that.  Die Hard fan

Just being a Jets fan will make you smoke alot of pot won't it?

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1

Just being a Jets fan will make you smoke alot of pot won't it?

They are defiently the most frustrating team to watch....and nerve wracking..  i have grey hairs because of them

Tiger90

Originally Posted by BunkerShot

Jetsknicks LOl,LOL---me thinks some of those OB shots were on purpose, plus at the time the OB rough at Falcon Head was cut short and made for a good second approach

But if it's OB, you can't play the shot from there. You have to take a penalty and play from the spot of your last shot. So, their scores weren't legitimate.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Looks like I'm the lone dissenter.  I haven't paid any attention to this in a long time, and I'm sure the research has improved, but...

Back when I was an active pilot about 15 years ago, a study was published in one of the pilot mags about how long pot had an effect.  They measured both blood level and performance, and found that it was about 72 hours.  Since one of the effects include time and distance distortion (stoned drivers drive too slow), and it also can effect your coordination, it doesn't surprise me at all that it screwed up your game the next day.

So, enjoy the weed, but probably not the night before a tourney or a money game.  Save it for skiing!

On the other hand, if Dock Ellis could pitch a major league no-hitter while tripping on acid (look it up), maybe we should be able to play through it.

I'm still trying to figure out how they kept hitting it OB yet posted rounds of 1 under and 2 over.

+1 and name of the band please?

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by BunkerShot

JetsKnicks, I didn't want to mention the band name since they still tour but here's a hint begins with S ends in X and rhymes with Knicks

No way! You played with Led Zepplin!?

True that, but lets paint the picture, wasn't a serious game, I was only keeping score so as to work on improving my game, and to post into the course computer. it was a weekday, they were wearing jeans and parachute pants and I'm sure after the 18, even their cart was floating a foot off the ground. so yeah, I'm thinking some of the strokes they gave me were ----less than accurate, and I'm sure they didn't care.

But fun day none the less.   And as a side note --my round was horrible.

Note: This thread is 2720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!