IGNORED

range finder non laser

Note: This thread is 4955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Are you asking about GPS systems?  If so they are good but not as accurate as a Laser.  But for most of us accurate enough and easier to use IMO.

Butch

I think he's talking about those things that you aim at the flag stick and it measures from top to bottom to tell you how far away it is.  I would think those would be terribly innaccurate.  They sell them at Wal-Mart.

Originally Posted by bigbear43

has anyone used a non lasered range finder? are they any good or acurate?

Quite useless.  Don't waste your money.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Quite useless.  Don't waste your money.

Yeah I've got two of them and never used either. They are pretty pointless.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Go for a laser or GPS if you want to spend money on something like this. They do cost a bit more, but at least they work.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Unkynd

I think he's talking about those things that you aim at the flag stick and it measures from top to bottom to tell you how far away it is.  I would think those would be terribly innaccurate.  They sell them at Wal-Mart.

yes it that is what he is considering he should save his money.  I had one years ago and they are useless.

Butch

How do you happen to have two of these and have never used?

Originally Posted by jamo

Yeah I've got two of them and never used either. They are pretty pointless.

Originally Posted by keb

How do you happen to have two of these and have never used?

Well the first one I bought and tried once at the range. The second was a present. So I guess I used one of them once.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!