IGNORED

2011 WGC-Cadillac Championship at TPC Blue Monster

Zeph
Note: This thread is 4815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah, Tiger and wind is rarely a good combination. Anyone recall his last two appearances on The Open?

ONGEIN_NL_happiness.gif

(seems like you have to click the picture)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFCDZ8RpTKE

• Upvote 2

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

^ ^ ^ ^ hahaha COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE!!

on a serious note, it seems like tigers putter is his worst enemy right now. I just watched him totally miss a 3 footer for par. Hes played 6 holes this round and only has bridies and bogeys, no pars. Inconsistent much?

Originally Posted by Johnnyooze

^ ^ ^ ^ hahaha COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE!!

on a serious note, it seems like tigers putter is his worst enemy right now. I just watched him totally miss a 3 footer for par. Hes played 6 holes this round and only has bridies and bogeys, no pars. Inconsistent much?

That and he topped a drive to 122 yards.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

yea, people are saying its the worst tee shot theyve seen on tour for awhile. Mr. Geometry will probably tell him his geometry was off, hahah,

Is Adam Scott's putter long enough?  That's definitely the most important question of the day.  Whatever works I guess, but I just can't get behind the golfers who use the long putters.  He is definitely playing well though.  Mahan is still doing his thing though, so that's good news.  The weekend is setting up for some excitement.

He did what !? I have never heard of him doing such a thing.

I can't understand why he is trying to change anything.  He needs to just go out and play like he did when he was young.  Its like riding a bike but he is trying to put to many bells and whistles on it and it is making his swing look terrible.  He is the best player for a reason and he needs to remember that he was good when he just went out and played for fun.

Originally Posted by Aquaguru

He did what !? I have never heard of him doing such a thing.

I can't understand why he is trying to change anything.  He needs to just go out and play like he did when he was young.  Its like riding a bike but he is trying to put to many bells and whistles on it and it is making his swing look terrible.  He is the best player for a reason and he needs to remember that he was good when he just went out and played for fun.

He also popped a ball last year ( can't remember which tournament ) that went around 180 yards. This was before Foley I think. Just not focused.

Saw that on Shot Tracker and I thought it was a glitch. Crazy.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

He also popped a ball last year ( can't remember which tournament ) that went around 180 yards. This was before Foley I think. Just not focused.

he was with foley then

**by the way, just looked up to the tv to watch Tigers tee shot. He just poppd up a three wood off the tee 170 yards barely making it to start of fairway!

He just popped another one up! About 180-200 yards.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

He just popped another one up! About 180-200 yards.

yea, crazy. looks like he almost snapped his shaft on the ground after that shot.

Heres the thing. I think Tigers swing was too different from Foleys swing for it to be a really good switch for him.

What a joke. 188 yards. Did we jinx him?

Playing O.K considering this sort of thing I guess

What a joke. 188 yards. Did we jinx him?

Playing O.K considering this sort of thing I guess

He's got 5ish feet for par though.

EDIT: ...which he just made. Solid par. Just how he planned it.

In my bag:

I could outdrive Tiger today!

He's making bad shots, but not scoring terrible.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Then he tried to go for the green in one.....?

On a lot of courses I think Tiger would've been in a lot more trouble with his errant tee shots, this is a forgiving course on the driving holes. He's hitting a lot of greens relative to the driving accuracy. Actually, his iron play has been pretty good this week. He's hit a lot of good approach shots from all over the course to close distances. His putter has of course been gone, so not making anything. 31 putts the first round, 28 so far through 16 on the second round. Overall I'd say at least parts of his game is improving. The driver still being the biggest problem. The announcers often comment his swing speed and how he swings harder on the course than the range, which could be true I suppose. A driver tee shot is about getting it as far as you can, so he gives it a mighty rip and is unable to control the clubface. With the irons it's about distance control, he knows that he will hit it the right distance with a given swing speed.

Putter is letting him down though, but he said he hasn't been working a lot on his putting since making the swing change. Not sure if I follow what he means about changing the release on the putting with his new swing. You don't release anything with a putter. Short game is a miniature full swing, so the change will influence that part of his game.

Sean Foley must be satisfied with one of his students performing well.

yea, his iron play hasnt been that good though especially compared to how good it was pre 09. He doesnt give himself enough close putts for birdie, most of the birdie putts he gets are like 20-30 footers so the iron play isnt that great. If it was, he would be shooting lower numbers even with his putting he wouldnt be missing too many inside 10 footers.

Note: This thread is 4815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!