IGNORED

Best glove?

Note: This thread is 3506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by RyanR

Need to buy a couple new ones...any strong opinions one way or another?  I usually just buy a Nike Elite that the shop has where I play the most.  Thanks!

God bless,

Ryan

I used to go through a glove on every round because I get sweaty palms. I found the worst gloves for me were the expensive ones, the ones made with Cabretta leather. The leather would get wet then tear. I went to using microfiber gloves that now lasts for about 2 months (ie. 10 rounds) before I have to change them. The best ones I've found are made by HJ Glove but they are hard to find. I bought 2 dozens from a Roger Dunn store in California a few years ago but lately, I've seen some on eBay. Pete Carlson in Palm Springs carry the half gloves and mesh ones.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually needing a golf glove at the moment have been using ones since last summer a taylor made one. It's worn now and as the golf season is kicking in I need to invest. I'm thinking FJ but which one guys??

I found a great deal on Intech Cabretta leather gloves with Lycra inserts in the sides of the fingers.  They ended up being less than $6 per glove.  I bought 2 to start with and gave them a shot.  They worked well so I bought 12 more.  I am good for gloves for a while.  Also, I threw a couple of them in the washer with bleach, Oxyclean and detergent.  Took them out of washer, stretched them out some and put them in the dryer on delicate cycle.  Checked on them about 3 times and each time stretched them out again.  They came out fine and are great for casual rounds or on the range.  If you had to use on in a round that was more than casual, they should be fine for that also.  For less than $6 each...not a bad glove.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

I've had decent luck with Nike Classic or Elite feel gloves.  I've never much cared for the lycra "stretch" stuff on gloves.  I prefer the whole thing Cabretta with none of that cloth stuff.  I found 6 of these gloves on ebay for $60 shipped.  For $10 a glove I couldn't turn it down.  Another sleeper brand is the MasterGrip aka MG gloves.  Buy one get one free works out to like $11 a glove, but you also have to pay for shipping.

I've tried the FJ Spdr 2 and it is awesome. It fits so nicely around your fingers, and the actual palm side of the glove is different

909 D2 Driver 9.5°

904F 3 Wood 15°

Idea Pro Black 9031 Hybrid 20°

3-PW CG4 Tour Irons

X-Forged Vintage Wedge 52°

X-Forged Vintage Wedge 59°

Method Core 3i Putter

Originally Posted by SergioG

Footjoy gloves are the best.

I second this. I am a HUGE FAN of the FootJoy WeatherSof. This is the only glove that I have ever worn that absolutely feels like a second skin, in that it fits perfectly with no spare glove that you can grab when I comfortably extend my fingers and flatten my hand - palm up. The XL is a true XL and is snug, soft and durable. These typically run me $10.00 but they last for a long time as well.

Originally Posted by akw512

Has anyone ever tried the "Bionic" golf glove.  I tried one on at the store the other day, and it felt amazing to me, but I didn't want to drop $25 on the glove without hearing about it from someone else.  I'm willling to spend the money if it's going to work well and be durable, but if it's going to wear out quickly I won't spend the money just because the glove feels that good on my hand.

Bionic glove is SICK.  I found one at my course that was only lightly used and played it for about 20-30 rounds afterward until it was super worn.  I loved the way it provided padding in certain places but feel in other places (i.e. the inside joints of the fingers w/ ultra thin lycra slits), it actually caused me to develop thicker calluses throughout my fingers along with barehanded play inside of 100 yards, but overall the Bionic is super wet and good for your game my dude.

I forget the name of it but the FootJoy glove that Adam Scott and many other pros use is awesome.  The high end one obviously.  Haven't read all of the posts on this thread but I assume many have recommended it.

Basically, you get what you pay for.  Go big or go home.

• 2 months later...

As others have mentioned, the FJ Pure Touch is a fantastic glove. I just happened to find one in a Golfsmith in San Antonio several months ago. It was the only one they had, but it was my size, so I tried it one. Definitely the softest glove in the store. I've played with it for about 4 months now, and it still looks nearly new. At $25, it's on the high end of the price range for gloves from most stores, but certainly worth it.

Before that little gem came along, it was usually Titleist Players for me.

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

As others have mentioned, the FJ Pure Touch is a fantastic glove. I just happened to find one in a Golfsmith in San Antonio several months ago. It was the only one they had, but it was my size, so I tried it one. Definitely the softest glove in the store. I've played with it for about 4 months now, and it still looks nearly new. At $25, it's on the high end of the price range for gloves from most stores, but certainly worth it.

Before that little gem came along, it was usually Titleist Players for me.

I agree. I had used the Titleist Permasoft and really liked it before switching over to the mg glove... However, the mg wore out and I didn't want to wait (only available online) so I picked up a couple of the FJ PureTouch and I love 'em. They are a bit pricey, but I found a pretty good deal on them at 2 for $30... still not as cheap as the mg but they are just a little bit better.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I love my taylormade r11 (power balance). The leather they use is just so soft and perfect fit. Have used it for probably 5 rounds and 8 driving range sessions and showing no wear at all

• 1 year later...
Sof [quote name="Thomas Andrew" url="/t/44734/best-glove/54#post_833742"] Bionic glove is SICK.  I found one at my course that was only lightly used and played it for about 20-30 rounds afterward until it was super worn.  I loved the way it provided padding in certain places but feel in other places (i.e. the inside joints of the fingers w/ ultra thin lycra slits), it actually caused me to develop thicker calluses throughout my fingers along with barehanded play inside of 100 yards, but overall the Bionic is super wet and good for your game my dude. I forget the name of it but the FootJoy glove that Adam Scott and many other pros use is awesome.  The high end one obviously.  Haven't read all of the posts on this thread but I assume many have recommended it. Basically, you get what you pay for.  Go big or go home. [/quote] Adam, uses a footjoy STASOF. This is the glove I currently use. Really like the bionic glove as it holds up well and my be washed. But it is not PGA approved. The footjoy STASOF is working well so far and has much better feel.

Driver G with Tour 65 shaft 10.5 neutral setting by :ping:
3W G30, #3 and #4 Hybrid, Irons 5 to GW G25 by :ping:
54 & 58 Glide Wedges and putter Cadence TR Anser 2  Traditional also by :ping:
Ball TriSpeed Tour by :srixon: Shoes M Project Wide by :footjoy:
Bag and Push cart by :sunmountain:

I like the Puma gloves for $5.99. I soak through a glove every couple of holes so I need a lot of gloves. http://www.hurricanegolf.com/golf-accessories?limit=36&p;=2

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

House brand Plaza Golf, not sure who makes em, but they fit well, and Last..Tried all the FJ, Nike gloves..either didn't fit right, or the stitching came out (Nike)..

Note: This thread is 3506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!