IGNORED

SNOW!?!?!

mitchl17
Note: This thread is 4793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mitchl17

I'm not a big fan of domes.  You can feel the contact, but basically the ball goes and hits a net, can't tell trajectory or anything.

Yes, you can feel the contact. It's like 1/2 a cup of coffee. It's not what you wanted, but it's still way better than zero coffee.

It rained on our snow yesterday, but luckily we got another crapload of snow over night. I''ve had to shovel the sidewalks 4 times since Monday - awesome!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by RedFox999

thats why Id never live in Canada, their winters are just a little too much

The good news is that when the snow melts (fingers crossed) and we finally hit the links, we're very happy to be outside and we're very easy to get along with.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by bradsul

I've been hitting balls about once a week in the closest golf dome to me.  Unfortunately that is 30 minutes away and costs about $25CAD per hour (unlimited balls).  It's better than nothing and at least scratches the itch.  This is the first winter I've done it and I noticed I seem to have developed a tendency to pick the ball rather than take a divot.  Hopefully I can get away from that when the grass ranges open up again.

25 for an hour is ok I guess. kinda expensive, but you don't pay for golf for like 3 months during the winter. so golf money goes towards the range fees.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by bradsul

This dome actually isn't too bad, you get to see about 65-70 yards of carry.  On irons and even some hybrids I can see that my shot was starting to draw or fade as intended, which is nice.  It actually could be quite a bit more, they have the tee decks about halfway down the dome as it also contains a full 18 hole mini-putt and a nice batting cage.

But it's definitely mostly about keeping the swing grooved in (and scratching the golf itch! :D).

Which dome do you go to? The one at Dixie and the 401?

Originally Posted by RedFox999

thats why Id never live in Canada, their winters are just a little too much

Where do you live, the winters in southern ontario where i am are no worse than new york, buffalo etc.  Obviously the guys further up north have it pretty bad and I would never consider living there.

Here in CT it was mid 70's last Friday so, this Friday morning we planned to play our first round of golf this season. It doesn't look good... 1 to 3 inches (down from 3 - 5") of snow predicted Wednesday after midnight into Thursday morning.

It's 2:30AM here now and there hasn't been much more than a dusting so there's hope.

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

Originally Posted by CT207

Here in CT it was mid 70's last Friday so, this Friday morning we planned to play our first round of golf this season. It doesn't look good... 1 to 3 inches (down from 3 - 5") of snow predicted Wednesday after midnight into Thursday morning.

It's 2:30AM here now and there hasn't been much more than a dusting so there's hope.

knock on wood, quick! that's what I said about today and no rain, and then it poured.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

I use Max's Golf Centre up in North Waterloo, behind the St. Jacobs Market.

Which dome do you go to? The one at Dixie and the 401?

Unfortunately in my neck of the woods we're a couple days shy of 4.5 months and still counting.

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

25 for an hour is ok I guess. kinda expensive, but you don't pay for golf for like 3 months during the winter. so golf money goes towards the range fees.

Brad

I know how you feel man.. last friday it was upper 60s and yesterday it was 33 all day and raining. Looks like probably a few more weeks

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Quote:

Unfortunately in my neck of the woods we're a couple days shy of 4.5 months and still counting.

almost 5 months!! geez, I wouldn't last a month without golf, let alone 5. I almost want to fly you out to california so we can play a few rounds. haha

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

almost 5 months!! geez, I wouldn't last a month without golf, let alone 5. I almost want to fly you out to california so we can play a few rounds. haha

LOL.  Fly me out too, I haven't played since October.  Snow is already starting to melt, I've got high hopes for next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Unreal.  It snowed AGAIN yesterday.  In April ahah.  At least it was warm enough today that nothing is left on the ground.  But it's supposed to rain for like a week straight.  Golf season is taking too long to get here.

Unreal.  It snowed AGAIN yesterday.  In April ahah.  At least it was warm enough today that nothing is left on the ground.  But it's supposed to rain for like a week straight.  Golf season is taking too long to get here.

Snowed 20cm in Calgary, everything is covered again, most of it will melt this week though...another 2 weeks of waiting

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Snowed 20cm in Calgary, everything is covered again, most of it will melt this week though...another 2 weeks of waiting

we should just move for the winter haha.  It's not like i skate outside or play in the snow any more.  Just makes work for me since i have to shovel haha.

I teed off this Saturday at 11am, and we had a high of 81°f that day.  Early Sunday morning nearby there was a wildfire that got started.  By mid-morning Sunday it was sunny with winds up to 50 mph, and the fire blew up to over 2000 acres at that point (total size is now estimated to be around 7500 acres).  By mid-afternoon Sunday it was snowing hard enough that visibility was down to less than 1/4 of a mile.  By 5pm it was sunny again!  The fire is pretty much knocked down now.

Welcome to Colorado!

One of my local courses (also happens to be my main practice range) is hopeful the rain will let them open up at least the mat portion of the driving range this weekend.  Better than nothing but I'll be happy when the grass and practice green is finally open!

Brad

LOL.  Fly me out too, I haven't played since October.  Snow is already starting to melt, I've got high hopes for next weekend.

haha. you got it!!

and that sucks it snowed again. I feel for you, friend.

it was a snowy season for everyone. even for us in socal. most snow in years for us.

Note: This thread is 4793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!