IGNORED

What's the worst part of your game?

Note: This thread is 4773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not sure at the moment, as a lot of parts for my game are in transition. In general, I'll say "consistency". I have shots that I can hit well, but my problem is having the fluke shot out of nowhere in which I forget everything I've learned. It'll pop up in pitches, chips, driving, just about everything. Which aspect of my game is affected the worst is basically dictated by the day I play. Lately I've had a lot of trouble reading greens. I hope winter conditions and poor green quality are to blame for at least part of it, because I was getting the hang of it last fall but then this last month I haven't read greens worth beans. I know part of it is poor green quality causing skips and bumps and odd speeds, but I hope that a lot of it is that.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Chipping and pitching, definitely.  My full swings and putts make me look like a golfer who should score at least 10 under what I actually score.  The difference is what happens when I miss the green in regulation.  That 3rd shot on par 4's, or 2nd shot on par 3's, is usually very ugly.  Missing the green in regulation usually translates to a double bogey at least.  Up-and-downs are almost non-existent.

-Andrew

Sand... Sand... Sand... oh and did I mention sand???

I would say driver... but the best golfer in the world cant hit his driver, what makes me think I can pure it??

Driver: Callaway FT-iZ 10*  I  2 Hybrid: Nike VR  I  3&4 Hybrid: Nike Sumo SQ  I  Irons: Ping G10 5-PW, LW,  I  52* & 62*: GigaGolf SGS  I  Putter: Cleveland BRZ #2  I  White things I chase: Srixon AD333

Originally Posted by Sliceapotomus

I would say driver... but the best golfer in the world cant hit his driver, what makes me think I can pure it??

Now that is a true statement.  I will keep that one to reuse.

I think my short irons, unfortunately.  I recently changed my swing to correct a right to left problem with my driver and it has somehow affected my short iron play.  But I'll get is worked out.

Butch

Note: This thread is 4773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!