IGNORED

Talk me out of an R11, please!

Note: This thread is 4761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ND Fan

It's just not right.  Gayest looking thing I have ever seen in golf.

Don't a be a sucker, it's not going to make you play better.  It won't go any further and it won't go any straighter.  The tool you have that can make those changes is you.

Posts like this make me yearn for the old days of being able to give negative reputation.     Sigh........

Agreed.  I'm realizing that negative rep was a necessary evil.

Originally Posted by Clambake

Posts like this make me yearn for the old days of being able to give negative reputation.     Sigh........

Originally Posted by Clambake

it is just an opinion about a golf club. it's his opinion about the way he feels about the r11.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

What if people thought you were gay and gave a negative reputation vote just because of that.

Drugs are bad. M'kay.

I change my swing every time I don't shoot par for the course.

Best Round: 89 at Lake Park Golf Course, Lewisville, TX   66.5/102

• Administrator

Originally Posted by PaulMVR

What if people thought you were gay and gave a negative reputation vote just because of that.

The more pertinent question: is this on topic?

A: no.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

it is just an opinion about a golf club. it's his opinion about the way he feels about the r11.

I agree with this. Why didn't anybody jump down the throat (no pun intended) of the guy who calls everything "retarded". Some people consider that hating on mentally challenged people.

Anyway, I think it looks lame. Am I violating some code of political correctness that prevents me from coparing this ridiculous looking golf club to someone with a physical disability?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Back on topic...

I just got a new R11 TP today. 9*

My old one was a 10.5*

My review:

1. On perfect impact and power it feels more powerful than the R9 supertri TP.

2. I feel like I need to swing with more speed / power.

3. Less forgiving than R9

4. Launch angle for me now is perfect and penetrating on the right spot.

5. Mishits even when it's in the center but lower, is almost not forgiving.

All in all, I may have to learn how to use this driver since I mess up my shots.

But this driver is a beast, IMHO.

And I'm buying some hello kitty stickers and some pink balls and will use them on my driver

whenever someone or my friends call me gay for using a white driver.

Originally Posted by Sai-Jin

Back on topic...

I just got a new R11 TP today. 9*

My old one was a 10.5*

My review:

1. On perfect impact and power it feels more powerful than the R9 supertri TP.

2. I feel like I need to swing with more speed / power.

3. Less forgiving than R9

4. Launch angle for me now is perfect and penetrating on the right spot.

5. Mishits even when it's in the center but lower, is almost not forgiving.

All in all, I may have to learn how to use this driver since I mess up my shots.

But this driver is a beast, IMHO.

And I'm buying some hello kitty stickers and some pink balls and will use them on my driver

whenever someone or my friends call me gay for using a white driver.

To be honest, the topic is not about your new driver.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Sai-Jin

Sorry, I thought OP wants to know what others think of the R11?

I suppose he did. He wanted alternatives to this new expensive driver. Your middling results could be valuable information.

Ha ha ha-"penetrating."  Quickly becoming the new buzzword.  Don't love the white, but don't hate it either-and I agree that any insults or challenges to one's masculinity would only encourage me to buy one.  I'd actually prefer other colors though: pink, lime, orange, or Chargers' Powder Blue!

Why be talked out of it...who cares if its not really going to help, if you want it buy it and if you don't have the money for it, then use your credit card!!!  :)  BTW...I like the white :)

It's nice marketing from TM, some of my buddies are thinking the exact same thing, they want a new white driver.  My advice to them (and to you) is to google some more info about driver selection, I read e.g. a book by Tom Wishon on myths of the golf club.  It's a short book but covers a lot of things about golf clubs and especially drivers. You get some insight into what market we are dealing with as golfers, how our options are limited, and what options you really should be looking at.

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1

I say if you like it get it. Personally, I don't have the strong reaction others do about the white color but it looks like in the right hands it's quite a driver.
Driver: Cobra AMP 10.5* w/ orange Diamana Whiteboard, 3 Wood: TourEdge Exotics Trilogy 15*
Hybrid : TourEdge Exotics Trilogy 3I
Irons: Mizuno JPX800PRO 5-GW
Wedges: Vokey SM 56*, 64*, Cobra Big Trusty Rusty 55*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S 43"

R11 is such a joke.  All it is is an R9 with white paint.  Before I upgraded my Ping G2 to a G15, (which has been replaced by a 910D3) I actually hit my five year old G2 Longer, Higher, and straighter than the R11....gee maybe that's why some pros still use the G2 in practice rounds?  hehe I love that club, always will

I would not say the R11 is a joke. I hit it today and it was decent. Much better than the Burner, even the Burner TP to me was very harsh feeling. The R11 serves its purpose. I just do not like that you essentially get the choice of one shaft. If that shaft does not fit you, pony up another $100 or more to get what you need. I ended up today with a Titleist D3. Great club and the ball came off the face faster than the R11. Plus, with the numerous standard shaft choices it was a no brainer once I found the best shaft for me. I do see who TM is appealing to with the R11 and what most do not understand is the head is not forgining and you need to be a decent golfer if you are going to excell with it. I was at a demo day today and all the major guys were there. Standing in the TM tent this guy comes in "I want an R11"..not a problem. They get the guy one to hit and he heads out to hit a few balls. He has a major inside out swing and hit a balooning ball that moved probably 75 yards from left to right and carried maybe 200 yards. He comes back and asks the rep to set the head to the closed position. He does, hits 5 more balls and cut his slice down to maybe 60 yards. Comes back in the tent and says "not sure what all the hype is about...the clubs sucks". Classy act. The rep and I just stare at each other. I am not a club rep but am in sales and I would have had the same answer he did. Nothing. The guy handed the club back and left. It was actually a little comical. Back on topic, what really won he over on the 910 was my ability to hit a low cut. Something I was not able to do with the R11 even knocked down to the 8 degree face. So is the R11 a good club, yes in the right hands. Is it better than what TM had a year ago. For some. Is ir drastically better...noway. Good luck on your choice.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

Originally Posted by Wet Doggg

I would not say the R11 is a joke. I hit it today and it was decent. Much better than the Burner, even the Burner TP to me was very harsh feeling. The R11 serves its purpose. I just do not like that you essentially get the choice of one shaft. If that shaft does not fit you, pony up another $100 or more to get what you need. I ended up today with a Titleist D3. Great club and the ball came off the face faster than the R11. Plus, with the numerous standard shaft choices it was a no brainer once I found the best shaft for me. I do see who TM is appealing to with the R11 and what most do not understand is the head is not forgining and you need to be a decent golfer if you are going to excell with it. I was at a demo day today and all the major guys were there. Standing in the TM tent this guy comes in "I want an R11"..not a problem. They get the guy one to hit and he heads out to hit a few balls. He has a major inside out swing and hit a balooning ball that moved probably 75 yards from left to right and carried maybe 200 yards. He comes back and asks the rep to set the head to the closed position. He does, hits 5 more balls and cut his slice down to maybe 60 yards. Comes back in the tent and says "not sure what all the hype is about...the clubs sucks". Classy act. The rep and I just stare at each other. I am not a club rep but am in sales and I would have had the same answer he did. Nothing. The guy handed the club back and left. It was actually a little comical. Back on topic, what really won he over on the 910 was my ability to hit a low cut. Something I was not able to do with the R11 even knocked down to the 8 degree face. So is the R11 a good club, yes in the right hands. Is it better than what TM had a year ago. For some. Is ir drastically better...noway. Good luck on your choice.

From my experience I found the D3 to be less forgiving than the R11. The R11 is the better choice pricewise if you want a different shaft besides the standard ones that come on the d3( project x, made for's, and RIP). Titleist has major upcharges if you want anything different (talking around 150-250), where as for the R11 the 100 upcharge will give you a wide range to choose from.

Most people will choose the 910 series simply because of the stock shaft offerings at the 399 price point, no one really wants to pay 500 for a driver in the R11 TP. Another thing to note about the 910 series I have seen numerous people report of the ferrules coming loose and the crowns cracking, they used a thinner crown on them.

Cant really say one is better than the other, I think they are both excellent drivers.

I bought the R11 after demoing pretty much every driver being offered. Took me about a month to narrow it down to the club. I think for me it was the club I hit the most consistent. There was one thing that seemed a bit odd that took some getting used to and that was the sound at impact. Sounded more like a mishit than solid impact but that's no problem. There are several outstanding drivers but it comes down to personal preference. Pick the club you like that fits the money you feel comfortable spending. Easy choice.And some of the rhetoric in that last few posts is quite funny. Maybe there should be an age limit to register, no one under say, 12.

Note: This thread is 4761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!