IGNORED

May 2011 Golf Digest Ball Review

Note: This thread is 4183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

wish they reviewed more balls and not just wedge spin/launch angle.

The Innovex V motion really intrigues me--3 piece ball with a urethane cover for around $30.  Currently playing the Gamer V2.  Have some AD333 and ProVs in the garage.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by uttexas

The Innovex V motion really intrigues me--3 piece ball with a urethane cover for around $30.

i know, i have no idea why this ball isnt getting more attention - or how GD puts it in their "silver" category....

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The silver medal for the Innovex didn't correlate with it's superior tested performance.  The Innovex outperformed some of the gold medal winners.  There seems to be a better correlation of market share/advertising to medal color.

• Upvote 1

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

The silver medal for the Innovex didn't correlate with it's superior tested performance.  The Innovex outperformed some of the gold medal winners.  There seems to be a better correlation of market share/advertising to medal color.

quite right.  GD is so transparent when it comes to their endorsements.

Colin P.

I smell a patent lawsuit in Innovex's future. That segment of the golf market is -- how shall we say -- amply litigated.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I play Nike PD Soft.  Great ball.  Spins well around the greens, as long as other balls I've tried, and feels good at impact.  I would like a yellow ball but all the good ones I've tried are expensive.

Butch

Originally Posted by Tgilmour25

The long balls are the rocks covered in plastic.. i.e. Top Flight, Pinnacle etc

Huh?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I have played ProV1x and recently tried the Penta. I was amazed at the feel off the putter with the Penta and made more putts than usual. I'm seriously now considering a switch.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Huh?

Pssst . . . the range balls are the ones with the red strip.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I didnt see it outperformed any of the golds? Here are the ratings.

Performance
Innovation
Feel
Demand
Those ratings are silver material compared to the gold star ratings on the list. I dont get your logic,

Originally Posted by colin007

quite right.  GD is so transparent when it comes to their endorsements.

Originally Posted by motteler621

I didnt see it outperformed any of the golds? Here are the ratings.

Performance

Innovation

Feel

Demand

Those ratings are silver material compared to the gold star ratings on the list. I dont get your logic,

The 4star performance is what I was referring to.  The Innovex V motion also had the highest wedge spin rate of any other $21-$30 ball.  They give the ball a 1star for demand, which is BS.  After seeing the price and performance numbers, I imagine the demand for the Innovex to be pretty high (at least 3stars)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

The 4star performance is what I was referring to.  The Innovex V motion also had the highest wedge spin rate of any other $21-$30 ball.  They give the ball a 1star for demand, which is BS.  After seeing the price and performance numbers, I imagine the demand for the Innovex to be pretty high (at least 3stars)

yea but the 4 star performance is the minimum on the gold list for this category. The feel is what really knocked this one down to silver and of course demand, but demand doesnt have as much weight on the overall ratings and yes it does deserve a 1 star in demand. How many people do you know that want the Innovex ball over the titleist, thats demand

Originally Posted by motteler621

yea but the 4 star performance is the minimum on the gold list for this category. The feel is what really knocked this one down to silver and of course demand, but demand doesnt have as much weight on the overall ratings and yes it does deserve a 1 star in demand. How many people do you know that want the Innovex ball over the titleist, thats demand

have you played it?  does it really not feel that good?

it was the only ball from its category to place in the lower left corner of that chart, along with all the other tour balls.  how that isnt a gold ball i dont know.

Colin P.

it was the only ball from its category to place in the lower left corner of that chart, along with all the other tour balls.  how that isnt a gold ball i dont know.

il ask you the same, have you played it?

Im not the one who gave it only 3 stars for feel, that was all the blind judges who didnt know what ball they were hitting....

• Upvote 1

Good point.  With tour level spin out of a mid tier priced ball it has to rank Gold.

Basically the same as the Gamer, priced lower than what it should be and it got the gold badge.  Why not the Innovex.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Originally Posted by erock9174

Good point.  With tour level spin out of a mid tier priced ball it has to rank Gold.

this is essentially my point.

and that innovex ball is apparently nowhere to be found...anyways, give me a tour quality ball in the mid priced range and ill be all over that like oprah on a cupcake...

Colin P.

amen....like a fat kid love him some cake

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Note: This thread is 4183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!