IGNORED

White Grips Theory

Note: This thread is 4725 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently regripped my clubs because I needed a more tacky feel due to control issues and my hands feeling they were being ripped up with a tour velvet grip from Golf Pride.  Im taking a big gamble as I regripped all the clubs with the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G.  In debating between black and white, I decided to go with all based on a theory that I tend to focus, at times, on my hands so I wanted to kinda blend my glove with the grip so everything to eye looks like its one solid color.  I know its completely mental, but its kind of a theory im working with.  Anyone have a take on this?

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

I have the white tour wraps on all my clubs but I tend to focus on the ball. I love the grips they can get a little slick in wet weather but a good wipe down solves that problem. I'm not sure about the focus on your hand theory because I think you would have a hard time hitting the ball.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

White grips will probably keep your gloves from getting black.  Im not sure I buy the theory of white grips making it seem like the club and your hands are one though.  A good grip should give you all the oneness with the club that is neccesary.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

If you are looking at your hands you've got problems.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

i don't really look at my hands but i do like the look of white on a grip.  i'm using the new decade multicompounds that are 1/2 white.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

I have the Tour Wraps in black because I use the .580 size on my shafts (.600).  My old driver had a different shaft (.625) so I could use the white (colors only come in .600).  It looked really sharp. I never noticed it once I had the club in my hand, but it sure looked cool.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

My theory on white grips is this: They will stay tackier because I will have to clean them more often. I plan on doing my new wedge set in the white GP multicompounds.

Originally Posted by mutadayen

In debating between black and white, I decided to go with all based on a theory that I tend to focus, at times, on my hands so I wanted to kinda blend my glove with the grip so everything to eye looks like its one solid color.  I know its completely mental...

I think you've answered your own question. Still, if you feel like it makes you better and then you play better, then it makes you better, even if it's not physically making you better. Ponder that, Grasshopper.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I'm boring. I'll stick with black. I've been trying the NDMC on a few clubs and wish that I could get those in black/black as well. Sigh.... As a previous poster noted though, if the white grips give you a better mental feel, they sound like a good fit to me. Perhaps that's why I stick with, and prefer, black?

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

I bought a set of the Winn lite firm grips.  13 of them and decided to buy new clubs so I don't need them right now.  Anyone want to buy them?  The part number on the packaging is 5LF-WH I paid $110+tax for them.  I would let them got for $95 obo.  Feel free to email me at kevinrriley@charter.net or PM me here

Originally Posted by rebby

I'm boring. I'll stick with black. I've been trying the NDMC on a few clubs and wish that I could get those in black/black as well. Sigh....

As a previous poster noted though, if the white grips give you a better mental feel, they sound like a good fit to me. Perhaps that's why I stick with, and prefer, black?

Once you go black......

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by SandSave

I bought a set of the Winn lite firm grips.  13 of them and decided to buy new clubs so I don't need them right now.  Anyone want to buy them?  The part number on the packaging is 5LF-WH I paid $110+tax for them.  I would let them got for $95 obo.  Feel free to email me at kevinrriley@charter.net or PM me here

I believe you have the wrong forum.

In my sunmountain.gif bag:
Driver  cleveland.gif  '09 Launcher 9* with Fit-On M Red X
Hybrids:  titleist.gif  585.H 21* with YS-6+ S, 585.H 17* with NVS Aldila X
Irons:  callaway.gif  Tour Authentic X-Prototype 4-PW with X100
Wedges:  callaway.gif  X Series Jaws 52*, 56*, 60*Putter:  callaway.gif  Tour Blue TT2Range Finder:  bushnell.gif  1500 TE

• Administrator

Originally Posted by SandSave

Please create a thread in the Marketplace.

Back to the topic please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4725 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!