IGNORED

AimPoint Green Reading

I saw some videos and reviews on Aimpoint and the procedures just seem too tedious for getting a quick read on the green.  Don't wanna be the "knucklehead" to cause slow play

It's not slow. In fact, it's quicker than any other method I've seen, except for the people who don't read at all.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
It's not slow. In fact, it's quicker than any other method I've seen, except for the people who don't read at all.

What's funny is that people sometimes say to me "how do you putt so well if you don't even read the greens?"

In other words, AimPoint can be so fast others don't even know you're reading the green.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Seriously, most putts are not that difficult to read. I don't use aim point, but I usually can read a green with a glance. Most of my time is spent tracing the line i want so I can aim over a spot an inch or two in front of the ball.

Most people don't do this, and its probably because most people use carts. You can gain a lot of information from walking up to the hole from the fairway. I can pretty much read the whole green from there and speed up the process more.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

What's funny is that people sometimes say to me "how do you putt so well if you don't even read the greens?"

In other words, AimPoint can be so fast others don't even know you're reading the green.

I can attest to this, it does not seem like you are really reading them at all.   And you(not me yet) can do it faster than someone reading a green with their eyes most of the time.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

I never get comments about time because I can do the read in a few seconds with AimPoint.  Sometimes people may ask why I go to the mid-point, but my read is very quick.  I had 5 one putts in a row last Sunday on a course I have only played a couple of times.  They ranged from 3 to 12 feet.  In the front nine, I had 13 putts to my friends 18.  Back nine was 15 putts.

Good chip and pitch shots help, but I use AimPoint for them too.

It takes way less time than the: "go behind the hole, squat down and read, go below the putt and look at the slope, go behind the ball, squat down, cup your hands over your hat brim, make a Keegan Bradley 'malocchio' stare, then do five practice strokes and THEN putt."

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@boogielicious, @cipher, @iacas Thank ya'll for all the comments!  I understand (if correctly) that there are many lessons and levels to complete with AimPoint.  How many sessions did you all spend with AimPoint before you see significant improvements in your green reading?

@boogielicious, @cipher, @iacas Thank ya'll for all the comments!  I understand (if correctly) that there are many lessons and levels to complete with AimPoint.  How many sessions did you all spend with AimPoint before you see significant improvements in your green reading?

I had one lesson.  It was a 3 hour-ish class with 2 instructors and about 6 students.

Yes, there are more advanced lessons where they teach you (I imagine) how to read longer putts, or putts with several breaks, more precisely, but I have seen a significant improvement from just the one lesson.

I will jinx it by saying this certainly, lol, however, I am in the middle of a 60-hole no-3-putt streak currently. :)

I will jinx it by saying this certainly, lol, however, I am in the middle of a 60-hole no-3-putt streak currently. :)

So impressive by the way!  I have noticed immediate improvements already.

Nate

Just one class for me as well.  2 - 3 hours and about 20 students on a cold April day.  I practiced it for a few sessions by myself to get the reads down.  Then over a course of a year, I got the read time down to 10-15 seconds.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I had some fun with my playing partners and Aimpoint today.  Two of them know my game pretty well and we have played a number of rounds together.  One was my brother and the other two were co-workers.   They were amazed at how well I can putt now and how Aimpoint works..  They were kind of making fun of me along the way at first, but I kept reminding them how many three putts they were making and how many putts were dropping in the hole for me.  At one point on a par five I had putted out and already and knew my bother's read.  Standing off the green I gave him his read on his 10 footer for birdie.  He listened, he dropped his putt and everyone just started laughing because they could not believe it.  My brother said he could not see the break I gave him at all and would not have made the putt otherwise.  They exclaimed several times, how they had never seen me putt like that.

• Upvote 1

Nate

Pro never returned my call, I guess he doesn't need the money.

Try again maybe? Or email him.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Pro never returned my call, I guess he doesn't need the money.

Or he is out of town, or busy, or didn't get the message, or any of a number of possibilities.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Try again maybe? Or email him.

Or he is out of town, or busy, or didn't get the message, or any of a number of possibilities.

Highly doubtful that it would be any of these.

Much more likely is that he is extremely rich all of a sudden. ;)

The Pro caught me off guard yesterday when he called me back,Lol. He said right now he's going to run a fall clinic. I told him that maybe I should wait until spring since the golf season is winding down. I was afraid I'd forget what I learned when spring came around. He said I could always come back and sit in on the theory class again, no charge !

He also said that I could practice the system even when I'm not on a golf course. I'm getting excited with the prospect of becoming a descent putter ! I should be going to a class sometime in early Nov.

P.S

The charge is 200.00 for two hours