IGNORED

One Company's Clubs

Note: This thread is 5559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. If you could only play clubs from which company, which would you choose?

• :titleist:
    • :macgreg:
    • :nike:
    • :tmade:
    • :callaway:
    • :cleve:
    • :wilson:
    • :mizuno:
    • Other (Explain Below)
    • :ping: (Added Aug 31)

yeah I would agree with that, titleist's and mizuno's 'game improvement' clubs are less forgiving. the MX-25 is mizuno's 'game improvement' iron, yet it is less forgiving (imho) than the Callaway X-20 tour, one of callaway's 'players' irons. Titleist 755 are supposedly for the mid handicapper, but there are a few guys on tour with them. However, while mizunos focus isn't really on the high handicapper, they do have some clubs available for them(unlike titleist). I can't see any 20+ handicapper using any of titleist's current irons(even AP1). However, I can(and do) see players struggling to break 100 with MX-19's(mizunos super game improvement, cast iron.) .

I agree and i feel titleist is getting more and more into game improvement...honestly they have to do this-to compete in the market--and i like their approach because they are now starting to apply themselves to all skill levels of golf..

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a mental problem hitting callaway irons. When I look down at that fat top-line, I just can't hit the dang thing.
In Le Bag:

Driver: Burner 420 (circa 2002)
3-Wood: Original Bubble Burner (circa 1998)
5-Wood: noneHybrids: noneIrons: Silverscot Forged TourWedges: SV Tour BlackPutter: Black Series i #1Bag: Edge

• 3 weeks later...
At my current skill level I would play Taylormade because I love my XD irons, r7 460 driver, and rescue dual, but if I was a lower handicapper, I would play Titleist's harder to hit clubs.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

im with you erik!

x2

9 characters

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

• 4 weeks later...

So many great choices....we are lucky to be able to find so many companies.

I voted Callaway due to the fact that I'm not a consistent player and can use all the help and forgiveness their clubs tend to allow.

The same could be said about other comanpies offerings, too.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• 3 weeks later...
Titleist or Callaway.

Pro's for Titleist:

Good Drivers
Good/Great fairway woods.
Great forged blades.
Great wedges.
Great putters.
Great Ball.

Reasons for Callaway:

Great Drivers
Great fairway woods
Good irons. Not great though.
Good/Great wedges
Great putters
Great ball

Overally probably Titleist.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

Cleveland here. Their irons are severely under-rated amidst all the Titleist and Mizuno love. Their hybrids and drivers are fantastic. They make arguably the best wedges around. And their putters are also severely under-rated. Cleveland makes some fine products, and I really wouldn't mind filling my bag with their logo.

Driver: Big Ben C-S3
3w: Tight Lies
Irons: T-Zoid True
Wedges: Vokey 56* and 60* spin-milled
Putter: unknown 3-ballBall: HX-Tour/Tour ix

i would go for mizuno

Driver - MP-600 is a great driver
F'ways - F60's look too nice not to be good
Irons - Great Irons (MP-32/60/67)
Wedges - Not the best but MP-R seems OK
Putter - Bettinardi will DO

Also may be struggling for a ball - even though they are releasing a ball in japan!

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

i chose titleist because i would get

1.a 907d2 driver

2.a 906f4 fairway

3.a 585.h hybrid

4. ap2 irons

5. vokey spin milled wedges

6.a scotty cameron newport

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

It was a toss up between TaylorMade and Callaway. I picked TaylorMade though. This is why:

Drivers: Burners and R7 Superquads are, in my opinion, the gods of all drivers.
Irons: Once again Burner and R7 are some of the nicest irons out there.
Putters: Rossas are I'd say pretty spectacular.
Wedges: rac wedges are one-of-a-kind
Balls: I used a TaylorMade ball on my last round. Hit my career high score. 'Nough said.

PING:

1. Wedges: Not the best but TOUR-W work quite well for the average golfer
2. Putters: I've always been in love with PING Putters
3. Irons: I love G5s. Never played G10s but I've heard wonderful reviews
4. Drivers/Woods: Again here G5s were wonderful and the G10 woods are marvelous (Haven't played the g10 driver, but again, people speak wonders about it).

As well I love the "name", it sounds quite funny. I love caps and bags. I actually enjoy the look of most PING clubs and apparel.

The only downside would be BALLS, unfortunately, which would ahve the need of another company name...

Cheers...

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know anything about the woods, but Mizuno makes the best irons and wedges on the planet. I don't think I could give up my Odyssey putter though.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure I would say they make the best, but Mizuno makes great stuff. The best is an overrated term. It is all about feel and what gives "the best feel"

Callaway for me? Why?? I don't have a reason why... but my hand always felt at home on a callaway club.

in my bag I have

driver: tour burner TP 10,5°
woods: burner women 3 and 5
irons: X-20 tour 3-PWwedges: x-forged 50° and 56°putter: Kasternballs: ONE black

Titleist. First-rate products that perform well, look good and (in most cases) are made in the USA. If I could only play 1 brand of golf equipment for the rest of my life, it would be Titleist.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

titleist cause thats all i use and i love the stylings and reputation of titleist.....
i think for me if my club looks good ill play with it good it just gives me that lil boost of confidence

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

I voted for Titleist as I love my new AP1s. They were the best irons for me after months of testing. That said, I am less fussy with my driver, hybrids or putter, so I could easily settle for a bag full of Mizunos, Pings, Callaways or Taylor Mades.

In my atlas bag:

Driver: MX-560 (Diamana Blue Board 63 X-Flex Graphite Shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX #3/20* IW
4I-GW: AP1 (4-6 graphite)56* W: vokeyPutter: anser 2

Note: This thread is 5559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!