IGNORED

One Company's Clubs

Note: This thread is 5572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. If you could only play clubs from which company, which would you choose?

• :titleist:
    • :macgreg:
    • :nike:
    • :tmade:
    • :callaway:
    • :cleve:
    • :wilson:
    • :mizuno:
    • Other (Explain Below)
    • :ping: (Added Aug 31)

Snake Eyes because they make great quality products. Their products are good, if not better than Titleist, Taylormade, and Callaway, etc. The only main difference is the price tag they slap on. Great quality products at VERY fair prices.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go w/ Taylor Made - almost soley based on the R7 460 - I absolutely love that club - the confidence I have when I set up with this club makes all the difference for me. I also love the Rosa Putter - I've heard mixed reviews on the irons though...

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

good enough for bobby jones, good enough for me

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I have to go with Titleist, even though I play Cobra Irons right now. My Driver and Fairway wood (905R and 906F2 Respectively) are excellent and I love the classic look compared to some of the new looks other companies are using.

I've hit plenty of their irons that are played by playing partners of mine and I'm just waiting until next summer to invest in my own set for the tremendous feel.

Wedges... Vokey, what more do I have to say.

Putters - Not a huge fan of Cameron, but that's probably because of the price tag, not performance for me, a poor college student.

In The Bag:
905R UST V2 Stiff
906F2 UST V2 Stiff
3DX dc 17* Stiff
2300 IM 4-PW Stiff CG 12 Black Pearl 52*, 56*, 60* C67 Pro V1x

Titleist...905R is a great driver as well as the players irons, cant speak about fairways or wedges.

not a fan of the taylor made drivers or cobra, probably take a sumo square driver if my life depended on it.

Mizuno irons are super sweet.

overall i would fill the bag with titleist.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I chose Titleist because I have always played their Irons and my Scotty Red-X is so trustworthy.

Taylormade is a close second. I just hit the new R7 Irons and they are the first non-Titleist that have that classic look I am used to.

Titleist...

I love my new irons and I just recently converted from Cleveland to Vokey wedges. I used to play the 975 driver and I am sure I could find a Scotty putter that I liked if I had to.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Would definitely have to go with Ping. Their putters and irons alone have me convinced.

I'm with you. I haven't seen many (if any) non-blade clubheads that don't use the principles Karsten first applied to putters and irons.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I have to agree with mediaguru. Hogan for me too!
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

On a side note- shame on Callaway in its attempts at "burying" this reputable name.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Golfsmith (Snake Eyes, Golfsmith, Killer Bee, XPC, Linx, Zevo, ASI)

They are components, but I would do with completely that company for clubhead, shaft, grip, and everything else. There is just so much selection for building a "perfect" club. The specifications are more specificly communicated to the clubmaker also. You really can predict to a good degree how a finished club will work. The parts that I have used in the past were beyond my best expectations. I have used the big brands and still would prefer only Golfsmith to only Titleist, etc.

Titleist would be my second choice (if no component brands allowed) because their clubs do not distract at address or during any part of the swing as much as others (especially Nike). The psychological effects of using Titleist clubs are consistent and easy to get used to. Using a significantly different shape, feel, color club for each model does not help keep me dynamic on the course. Titleist seems to understand that.

Titleist baby. Sweetspot feels like butter.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Suprised at the overwhelming majority of Titleist, but I guess I'm not one to talk, as I would go with Titleist myself. 907D1 driver, Unsure of Fairways, AP1 Irons, Vokey Spin Milled Wedges, Scotty Putters.

• 4 weeks later...
Easily Taylor Made for me... if I had the money, I would invest in the best that Taylor Made has to offer.
Whats in my bag:
Driver: R7 Superquad 10.5 Stiff Stock
Wood: R7 3 wood Stiff Stock, r7 5 wood Stiff Stock
Irons: Command BK 3-PW Stiff TT Black Gold Shafts
Wedges: 52, 56, 60Putter: Dual Force Rossie II or White Hot XG #9 (Haven't had a chance to use both yet.)

I would definately choose Bridgestone

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Note: This thread is 5572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!