IGNORED

Tiger cheats in Tiger Woods 2012 The Masters

VolunteerGolfer
Note: This thread is 4694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I have been working with the AI difficulty levels and the amount of focus I allow myself to use.  By doing this I have been able to get the AI competitive and not "blow" away the field.  It has made the game more interesting and I actually don't win all the tournaments.  Anyway, to the point.  I am currently ranked #2 in the EA Sports ranking.  I am playing my first tournament with the possibility of overtaking Tiger Woods for #1.  When you do this you play beside Tiger for the whole tournament.  Going in to the fourth round I am one off the lead.  Casey is in 1st at 37 under and I am in 2nd at 36 under.  Tiger is way back at 25 under.  So I'm thinking alright with a good round and a win I will be number 1.  WRONG.  Imagine my surprise when I start the fourth round and see Tiger is now in the lead(mind you he has not played a hole in the fourth round yet) at, wait for it, ..........................................-97.   WHAT THE?  So I quit the game and restart.  Same thing.  Guess he really dose not want me to be number 1.  UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Driver - Speedline Fast 10: 10.5 Matrix HD Stiff
Woods - Big Bertha 5 wood
R9 4 wood
Irons - 07 X Forged 4-PW
Wedges - X Forged 50, 54, 58 Vokey Spin Milled 64Ball - Tour i Gamer V2

Originally Posted by adamgoodman

LMAO.

I would be too if it wasn't me.

R9 4 wood
Irons - 07 X Forged 4-PW

WTF.....that is weird.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

lol Yeah I noticed this too yesterday when I had a chance to over take him. I hadn't adjusted the AI yet so I was still blowing away the field. I ended up winning by 20 something over Tiger and I still didn't get the number 1 ranking. Kinda pissed me off to be honest.

Driver - Cleveland Hi-Bore XLS Monster 10.5°
3W - Cleveland Hi-Bore 15°
2H - Cleveland Halo
3I - PW - Cleveland CG Red
GW - Cleveland CG 12 Camo 52°SW - Nike SV Tour 56° Putter - Sabertooth

What I hate is how you put so many points into power boost, then you up the difficulty and it doesn't allow you to use it... wtf

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Originally Posted by Mattplusness

What I hate is how you put so many points into power boost, then you up the difficulty and it doesn't allow you to use it... wtf

I think the point is that it's supposed to be more difficult

Originally Posted by Mattplusness

I was putting points into power boost before I realized I don't use it (or mid-flight spin), even when it's allowed.  So all my power points went into the other power.

Something I'm wondering about, and I want to make it clear that I'm not trying to imply anything about anyone when I say this.  Some video games are notorious for doing bizarre things when they notice the copy being played is pirated (although there was an error in a few that caused it to happen in non-pirated copies).   I wonder if 97 under is one of these features coming to the surface (whether in the right context or not).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Shindig

I was putting points into power boost before I realized I don't use it (or mid-flight spin), even when it's allowed.  So all my power points went into the other power.

Something I'm wondering about, and I want to make it clear that I'm not trying to imply anything about anyone when I say this.  Some video games are notorious for doing bizarre things when they notice the copy being played is pirated (although there was an error in a few that caused it to happen in non-pirated copies).   I wonder if 97 under is one of these features coming to the surface (whether in the right context or not).

I guess that could be, but if my copy is pirated Game Spot owes me some money back.  :)  Well I finished 2nd to Tigers 97 under and stayed in 2nd in the EA Sports ranking. The next tournament the scoring went as it should.  I won by 2 strokes and over took Tiger for number 1.  Go figure?  Strange glitch for sure.  His score never changed for the entire round.  Didn't matter if he made a bird or a bog.  If you look at the 97 under, it is his 25 under ant the start of the round, and then 72 under for round 4.  So he was so good he did not even have to hit the ball to get it in the hole and score a 0.

R9 4 wood
Irons - 07 X Forged 4-PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolunteerGolfer

I guess that could be, but if my copy is pirated Game Spot owes me some money back.  :)  Well I finished 2nd to Tigers 97 under and stayed in 2nd in the EA Sports ranking. The next tournament the scoring went as it should.  I won by 2 strokes and over took Tiger for number 1.  Go figure?  Strange glitch for sure.  His score never changed for the entire round.  Didn't matter if he made a bird or a bog.  If you look at the 97 under, it is his 25 under ant the start of the round, and then 72 under for round 4.  So he was so good he did not even have to hit the ball to get it in the hole and score a 0.

I knew a guy like that once ;-)

Just to clarify:  I wasn't claiming you pirated.  There were issues - I think one of the Batman games - where the pirated protection came out in many legitimate copies.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 3 weeks later...

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

I guess you missed this thread? http://thesandtrap.com/forum/thread/46170/tiger-cheats-in-tiger-woods-2012-the-masters

It's probably a glitch.

Hah I was wondering where my post went. I just hope I don't have to watch him hit every round from here on out

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

If I'm remembering right, I did not have to play with him the next round.  The scores were normal the next time out.

R9 4 wood
Irons - 07 X Forged 4-PW

Note: This thread is 4694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!