IGNORED

PlaneFinder Swing Trainer with Hank Haney

Note: This thread is 4548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw The PlaneFinder on The Golf Channel and am thinking of giving it a try.  Hank Haney is behind it and the logic seems sound.  I am a shorter golfer and my swing tends to get really flat at times and I don't even realize it.

Has anyone tried it, I think that for the cost of a single golf club if it can help me fix my swing it would be worth it.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. The web site is http://theplanefinder.com

I don't use it, but Haney's book tremendously improved my game by causing me to concentrate on and correct my swing plane. I use a large mirror to help with the feel of a correct plane. See no reason why this device would not be helpful.

Originally Posted by CalBoomer

I don't use it, but Haney's book tremendously improved my game by causing me to concentrate on and correct my swing plane. I use a large mirror to help with the feel of a correct plane. See no reason why this device would not be helpful.

Can I ask which book please?

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

can't you just stab a couple sticks in the ground to the same effect?  could be a lot cheaper and just as effective

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by imtomtomim

can't you just stab a couple sticks in the ground to the same effect?  could be a lot cheaper and just as effective

A stick on the outside. A range bucket on the inside. Boom - PlaneFinder.

Yep.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am a little biased on the PlaneFinder, but swinging through sticks 1-2" INCHES WIDE AT 100 MPH probably isn't a great way to stay healthy!! The PlaneFinder is a great tool for changing and improving your swing plane, how else do you practice an on-plane swing?

Originally Posted by rustyp32

I am a little biased on the PlaneFinder, but swinging through sticks 1-2" INCHES WIDE AT 100 MPH probably isn't a great way to stay healthy!! The PlaneFinder is a great tool for changing and improving your swing plane, how else do you practice an on-plane swing?

Why are you biased? Are you the inventor? One post and it's this? And the original poster only has one post, and it's about this too?

I don't know how I've done it, but I've taught for over 30 years - quite well, too - without the PlaneFinder. I must be the greatest instructor in the world if I can tell people to do things to change their plane.

More like the WalletEmptyer.

I don't think I'll ever buy anything by Hank Haney. He liked a golf swing that's immediately OFF PLANE more than anyone else. Tiger's "lift and roll" was not on-plane, and Tiger couldn't "drop it in the slot" at all. He was consistently under-plane and swinging way out to the right.

No thanks.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Im pretty sure I could make one in my basement for about $15 so I wont be payign $120 for that any time soon.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

The reason I am biased is that I am the inventor of ThePlanefinder. As a former professional golfer who played on various mini tours and also taught golf for a living I do understand a little bit about golf and the difficulty of both teaching students and being taught by teachers. Like I said I am biased, but I know The PlaneFinder allows a golfer to feel where the swing plane is and gives a golfer a great chance at playing better golf.

Hank Haney's record speaks for itself with or without Tiger his students have won almost every major professional and amateur major.

I have no doubts you are very succesful in your teaching of your students and are very passionate about golf based on your reply to my post. Wish you the best of luck in your teaching.

No offense but you didn't Invent setting up objects to swing through on the plane. You may have created a portable easy to set up device that accomplishes this but in reality what is it besides a few sticks in the ground? I mean its nice and all but I was doing that in my back yard with sticks and pieces of an old hose before I ever heard the word PlaneFinder and I'm not dead or injured yet.

120 Dollars for something I set up in my back yard in 20 Min is quite ridiculous. Ill give you that its a nice little package and very practical but the price is just stupid high.

Just my opinion but this thread also seems a little suspiciously like an advertisement.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

I'm still wondering if anyone here has actually tried The Plane Finder who either finds it useful or not.   I appreciate the feedback from the inventor and the guy who can't get over the price but I'd really like to hear from someone who is trying to improve their swing, like me (isn't everyone?).

I tend to get too flat at times and am looking into a swing training device that I can use at home or on the range.

TThanks

I had my first lesson at Edwin Watts last night and we used this laser attachment, http://www.practicerange.com/Plane-Sight-Laser-P356.aspx . It was very helpful in seeing your swing plane. The Golf Channel's academy had a lesson on plane and I had been working on it at the range but when I put this on my club I could clearly see how vertical I was at the top... Sorry slightly off topic but for less than $100 I think this would be a much better investment, IMO.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by elevategolf

I tend to get too flat at times and am looking into a swing training device that I can use at home or on the range.

When do you get flat? If it's at the top of your backswing and not at impact then this thing will do virtually nothing for you.

Someone said it above - if your shaft is flat at impact, put a range bucket or a stuffed animal down and swing over that.

The problem I'd like the inventor to speak to is that it seems like a lot of golfers will pass the shaft through the PlaneFinder just fine, but still have a hundred other bad things going on in their golf swing, and the price is a lot to justify for something that might be solved by working on the other things. Plus, the ball is there at the bottom, so unless you whiff, the head of the club is "in the PlaneFinder." And unless your hands move well away from where they are at setup, the butt of the club will be in roughly the same position. I imagine that golfers can and do it and hit massive hooks, pulls, slices, etc. yet still "get through the PlaneFinder" just fine. The actual "hole" in the PlaneFinder is simply a line - you'd need two lines to define a plane. I could take a plane of glass and point it well to the right or the left and still have it passing through the "line" defined by the PlaneFinder.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by FryemanTX

I had my first lesson at Edwin Watts last night and we used this laser attachment, http://www.practicerange.com/Plane-Sight-Laser-P356.aspx. It was very helpful in seeing your swing plane. The Golf Channel's academy had a lesson on plane and I had been working on it at the range but when I put this on my club I could clearly see how vertical I was at the top... Sorry slightly off topic but for less than $100 I think this would be a much better investment, IMO.

$100 for a tiny laser?!?!?!?!111oneone

I have a laser cat toy I got in a pet shop for £3 and a roll of sellotape that will do just as good a job.

$100 indeed...

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

I have a laser cat toy I got in a pet shop for £3 and a roll of sellotape that will do just as good a job.

$100 indeed...

I'm just saying it's a better alternative, I did not say it was the best one... I'm not buying it. But to address your point, the majority of the cheap laser pointers require you to hold down the button for safety reasons but I'm sure there's a way around that.

There are lot's of thing that can happen in a golf swing to cause the golf ball to go in a direction that is not ideal. I will say this, if you swing thru the PlaneFinder indicators at a tight setting without hitting any of the indicators you will hit good shots period. Could you still curve the ball too much sure, and that's the point of the PlaneFinder the more on-plane you swing the better you are going to hit the ball, that's a fact. Watch any good player swing and compare that swing to a 15 handicap, the difference is how consitent their swing plane is, the less deviation from the swing spling the more efficient and repeatable your golf swing will become.

Try the PlaneFinder if you don't like it send it back within 30 days we will refund your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon View Post

$100 indeed...

I'm just saying it's a better alternative, I did not say it was the best one... I'm not buying it. But to address your point, the majority of the cheap laser pointers require you to hold down the button for safety reasons but I'm sure there's a way around that.

Heh. Sellotape! :D

SWING DNA

Quote:

Originally Posted by FryemanTX

Quote:

$100 indeed...

I'm just saying it's a better alternative, I did not say it was the best one... I'm not buying it. But to address your point, the majority of the cheap laser pointers require you to hold down the button for safety reasons but I'm sure there's a way around that.

Heh. Sellotape! :D

Is that European duct tape?

Note: This thread is 4548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!