IGNORED

2011 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial Discussion

BigAl5150
Note: This thread is 4722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by BigAl5150

Thread relating to all discussion from the 2011 Crown Plaza Invitational at Colonial Discussion

Who will win? Ben Crane. Not sure why. Is Tiger playing? :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll go out on a limb, but not too far..  I'll go with a new winner this week, someone that hasn't won yet in 2011.. Ya'll pick from there.. LOL  I'll go with Trevor I.

Going on Saturday with Senorchipotle.  Really enjoy Colonial, with the tee boxes close to the previous green, very easy to have multiple sight views, and makes for easy walking.  I think Jason Duffner, Brian Gay, and Brian Davis will do well.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Going on Saturday with Senorchipotle.  Really enjoy Colonial, with the tee boxes close to the previous green, very easy to have multiple sight views, and makes for easy walking.  I think Jason Duffner, Brian Gay, and Brian Davis will do well.

I'll be there on Saturday too, and I have to agree about how easy it is to watch and navigate the course. As for winner I'm going with the obvious, Jason Day. He's been having a great season so far and plus home course advantage right? It'll definitely be a great tournament to say the least.

Yep, Jason Day should do well--he's playing great.  Enjoy the tourney (bring an umbrella--early forecast is for 40% chance scattered showers on Saturday)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

AK playing well. I really want him to hold it together for 4 days. He is a great player to watch.

So, he is my pick.

84% FIR

100% GIR

-5 through 7

1.286 putts per green

Phenomenal playing.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Fowler is on fire!

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Originally Posted by kpaulhus

Fowler is on fire!

29 on the front 9 with a double bogey. Wow.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Survived the big storm, and really enjoyed friday. Toms hit some great irons and had a second straight 62. Sure par is 70 but still that is amazing.

RC

Wi has played great. The stack & tilt swing is getting good exposure with his great shot making. My only additional observation is it sure looked to me like he has shifted to a slightly modified s&t; swing. His right leg is more flexed throughout the swing and he looks bit more traditional than the swings he has on the tv ads for s&t.; He looked very centered and balanced but not as pure s&t; as before. He hits very clean irons and I hope he has a great finish. One other thing is Angel Cabera absolutely kills the ball. On hole 3 where length is superimportant, he hit a. 3wood further than most of the big bitters hit driver (yesterday). He is strong.

RC

Sergio’s time-out of golf hasn’t really done much for him.

He can still be amazing from tee to green, but his putting?

He needs to sort it out quickly as time is passing him by.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by RC

My only additional observation is it sure looked to me like he has shifted to a slightly modified s&t; swing. His right leg is more flexed throughout the swing and he looks bit more traditional than the swings he has on the tv ads for s&t.;

Charlie's always done a bit of this. You raise a good point. S&T; is not about making everyone "look" a certain way. If Charlie was having trouble getting enough turn - or he wanted to hit the ball farther - he might turn his hips more. As it is, for him, he turns his hips "enough" and allows his hips to work in the proper geometry - the right hip raises, the left knee increases flex, and the hips slant contribute to the inclination to the ground.

Charlie definitely does not "maintain the (same) flex" in his right knee, though, and that's the main point... the right knee will decrease flex throughout the backswing to allow the right hip to raise, the shoulders to turn fully, and the hips to rotate.

_1.jpg

I think Toms will come back something fierce today. Looking forward to a good final round, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's all I meant with my comments. He is still stacked and the right leg does straighten but I was used to seeing his swing on the tv commercial and in real life under the gun of competition it somehow looked different. It would be nice if toms makes a good run today.

RC

There's a good example of how you bounce the club to relieve tension. He's been putting so well, can't start running the putts long now. 3 birdies and 2 bogies, I'm optimistic, but he must avoid the bogies.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 4722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!