IGNORED

Zombie Apocalypse

BostonSully
Note: This thread is 1178 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok Everyone Fasten your Seatbelts. The CDC(Center for Disease Control) has officially issued its Zombie Apocalypse emergency situation plan. Its basically no different than the "Hurricane/Earthquake" plans ( I mean they didnt even advise buying Chainsaws, Swords, Shotguns and #1 most important thing DONT GET BITTEN)

But I digress, For some reason I have always felt if the world ends its 100% going to be a Zombie Apocalypse. Now the CDC even agrees with me and puts out a plan to react to such a catastrophe. My question is what do you guys think? What would you do in the event of a real life "28 days later". Ive had my plan in place for years and it involves a friend with a basement literally full of whiskey and another who is a firearms collector.

Am I just crazy? Discuss....

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

• Administrator

I'm going with "just crazy." :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Damn lol. I thought I'd get some response to my lame sarcasm and the fact that our gvt is literally paying to research this stuff.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

For a brief moment I thought this was going to be a "the item to your left" thread and I got excited. Now I feel sad that it's being researched as it either means there's a distinct possibility of it or your government are as mad as ours.:(

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

house

wire mesh

230 volts

#WINNING

Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons
Ping Tour 54 - 62 WedgesOriginal Anser Putter Pro V1

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

For a brief moment I thought this was going to be a "the item to your left" thread and I got excited. Now I feel sad that it's being researched as it either means there's a distinct possibility of it or your government are as mad as ours.:(

Is this one of those thread games where someone says something and people keep adding to it to make a story?

Originally Posted by BostonSully

Is this one of those thread games where someone says something and people keep adding to it to make a story?

Kinda(ish). I posted it in the Grill Room after your thread reminded me of it. :)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

• 9 years later...

I was watching a show on designer virus research for military use/defense and apparently it doesn’t seem to far off that a highly contagious virus (obviously we’re all familiar w/C-19) with all sorts of deadly effects could hit the world.  Without calling it a “zombie virus” that they were pumping it up to be in the show, it seems not so far fetched that we could see something like this in our lifetime. Question is: how many of you have/plan to have some sort of underground bunker? This guy in Texas has a factory that makes them for folks and it’s becoming more popular. I just found it interesting. Plus, I need to know whose place I need to run to when the time comes 😊

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

I’m just going to barricade myself inside Golf Evolution. 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

I’m just going to barricade myself inside Golf Evolution. 🙂

Seems reasonable - at least you can still work on the COVID 19 drills :-)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

If COVID-19 has taught us anything, we’re all completely f***ed if a zombie apocalypse begins because there’s going to be a significant percentage of the population that won’t take it seriously.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
Just now, billchao said:

If COVID-19 has taught us anything, we’re all completely f***ed if a zombie apocalypse begins because there’s going to be a significant percentage of the population that won’t take it seriously.

They can scream “fake zombies” as they’re being eaten, then.

Just now, iacas said:

They can scream “fake zombies” as they’re being eaten, then.

And just like COVID, the deniers would only make the zombie threat more dangerous for those who do take it seriously.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

But no bunkers for either of you so far? And C-19 hasn’t created any recent interest? C’mon guys, where am I gonna go? I don’t foresee my  HOA allowing me to install one on my little 1/2 acre lot!

-Jonny

7 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I was watching a show on designer virus research for military use/defense and apparently it doesn’t seem to far off that a highly contagious virus (obviously we’re all familiar w/C-19) with all sorts of deadly effects could hit the world.  Without calling it a “zombie virus” that they were pumping it up to be in the show, it seems not so far fetched that we could see something like this in our lifetime. Question is: how many of you have/plan to have some sort of underground bunker? This guy in Texas has a factory that makes them for folks and it’s becoming more popular. I just found it interesting. Plus, I need to know whose place I need to run to when the time comes 😊

I believe what the world really fears is the inevitable ‘ Shankapocalypse.’

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 5/19/2011 at 6:09 PM, iacas said:

This^^^^

And I love Zombie Movies and Video Games!

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

11 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I believe what the world really fears is the inevitable ‘ Shankapocalypse.’

I get the occasional bout of that myself on the range, but thankfully seems to be self-limiting and non-transmissible. 

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 1178 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!