IGNORED

Shotly wants to be your friend...WITH BENEFITS. Save up to 80% on all your golf needs.

Note: This thread is 4690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sponsored content by Shotly.com

The Sand Trap is extremely excited to introduce our newest partners, Matt and Ted, of Shotly.com.  The dynamic duo has launched a weekly golf deal platform committed to bringing our members the best golf deals, tee times, clubs, merchandise and more with the power of group buying at discounts of up to 90%.

To reap the benefits of this beautiful partnership, all you have to do is sign up on their website http://shotly.com - you might as well save some green while on the green.  Don't forget to check in on this thread for more information on the latest deals and exclusive TheSandtrap.com offers.

Shotly 120x60.jpg

Shotly.com is fired up!  We're very pleased with our newly formed association with The Sand Trap. Ranjani rocks and we're very excited to join the esteemed Sand Trap community.

So...  what type of deals would you like to see offered on our site??

We're looking forward to seeing you all on Shotly.com.

-Matt & Ted

I don't give out my email address to any site without having some notion of what it is about and whether I want to go there.  If I can't even browse the substance of a site without giving my email address then it isn't a site I will use.

Just sayin'.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey there Turtle. Thanks for the feedback. We have been kicking around the idea for people to arrive on the 'deals page' rather than the 'subscriber page'. We'll continue our discussions, but I think its a great suggestion.

What type of deals would you like to see?

Thanks again.  -Ted

Registered on shotly.com. Tried the site using IE9 in both compatablity modes. Oh well, as they say...if it sounds too good to be true. Glad I used my junk email address.

• Administrator

I "log in" and my username appears at the top, and I keep getting sent back to the page with the email subscription... even though I've already subscribed.

I'd love to see the deals y'all are offering, but right now I can't really seem to get past the "subscribe" page despite the fact that I've already signed up...?

Screen shot 2011-06-05 at 10.05.08 pm.png

I can see the "specials" for my area (which is "no area") if I visit this URL (http://shotly.com/deals/everywhere-else-golf-deals/), but if I just visit the site and try to log in, I get what I see above.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I registered about 6-8 hours ago, and was able to see the Daily Deal. I just tried, and was still able to log in.

I'm interested to see what deals pop up everyday.

Originally Posted by iacas

I "log in" and my username appears at the top, and I keep getting sent back to the page with the email subscription... even though I've already subscribed.

I'd love to see the deals y'all are offering, but right now I can't really seem to get past the "subscribe" page despite the fact that I've already signed up...?

I can see the "specials" for my area (which is "no area") if I visit this URL (http://shotly.com/deals/everywhere-else-golf-deals/), but if I just visit the site and try to log in, I get what I see above.

I'm getting the same thing. I registered, then when I put my login stuff it redirects me to that page. If I put in my email and location (which seems redundant because I just did my username and password) I can see the deals and it tells me I am logged it, but it's kind of annoying to basically have to login twice.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Thanks for the feedback, responding to a few of the people using Internet Explorer 9.  Without getting to technical IE9 by default does not have cookies turned on (part of it's attempt for safer browsing), meaning, our site sets a cookie when you choose a city or first register or subscribe so that after you register or subscribe you are then forwarded to the deals page from then on out.

Because cookies are not on in IE9 you will either have to turn them on to be forwarded to the deal page or go to http://shotly.com/deals/ for now.  We are working with TheSandTrap to forward all traffic to the deals page to ensure you don't have to enter your email to see the deals as we can appreciate what you guys are saying and are in complete agreement.

Going forward we can assure you we are working on a more permanent fix for this as IE9 really is still new and we will be sure to get this 100% fixed for you guys.  I welcome you all to call us (888) 485-5151 ext 700 or 703 if you ever have any questions or problems at all as Ted and myself (Matt) are 100% committed to ensuring the site is easy to use, safe and brings you the best deals on the web.

Thanks to all

Matt

Also, in the meantime while we get this worked out for people on IE9 if you end up on the home page where it is asking for a username and password at the bottom you will see a link that says, skip to the deals.  Hope this helps you guys and we greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention, it is our absolute goal to make this right for all our subscribers/visitors.

Matt

• Administrator

FWIW, I have cookies enabled and am using Safari 5, not IE 9. Appreciate the "skip to" link!!!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Absolutely :)  Sorry you guys were having to deal with that.  If you run into any other issues please let us know, we appreciate the feedback.

Matt

To all, we have fixed the problem.  It was nothing to do with the browser but your city was not being set so it was not setting a cookie.  Long story short it is fixed and you should all be good to go.

On a side note, be assured we will keep your email for the intended purpose only (to send daily deals).  If you ever wish to stop receiving emails you can always click the unsubscribe button from any email (in response to those uncomfortable giving your email out)

• Administrator

Originally Posted by shotly

To all, we have fixed the problem.  It was nothing to do with the browser but your city was not being set so it was not setting a cookie.  Long story short it is fixed and you should all be good to go.

Great news! Thanks!

Hi Shotly - have just joined, and read your 2005 review of the TaylorMade Dual rescue clubs which I have.  The photos of the clubs show the weights with coloured dots, however mine are either worn out, or never had any.  The centre weight is red, as pictured.  You mentioned they sometimes come shipped with 2 X 8gr weights, I assume that is what I have so there would appear to be no point in trying the adjust the weighting, unless I leave one out all together.  Your comments please?   I would like to set the weights for a draw if possible.

Thanks and regards from Australia

Hey Frank, unfortunately I think that might have been someone else as to my knowledge we have not reviewed the Dual.  Can anyone help Frank here as I am not able to.

Matt

Note: This thread is 4690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!