IGNORED

The who is who, plays what, etc.

Gerald
Note: This thread is 4648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald

Yep I have built myself a Snake Eyes Q4u hybrid once with a TT DG300S shaft in it once, you are right about that, but problem was that the distance I got is about the same as from a matching lofted iron as far as I remember.

I feel the graphite shaft gives just that extra kick at a hybrid, still I saw some pro's at the US Open also hitting steelshafted hybrids.

So maybe it is a good thought to exchange the graphite shaft with a PX 6.0 or even a PX 5.5.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

"Gerald, do you have access to a time machine? How can you switch clubs twice in a week then play them both for a couple months before next Tuesday?"

OK here is dr. Who .....

I could start a secondhand golf shop, current (basement) sets :

3-SW Wilson Staff Tour Blade Fluid Feel (Dynamic Stiff)

3-GW Wilson Staff Ci7 (Graphite Senior Flex - UST V2)

3-PW Wilson Staff FG-Tour (DG400R)

4-SW Wilson Staff Ci9 (FST 105 Regular)

3-PW Titleist ZB (TT Gold Regular/Stiff)

3-PW Taylor Made Tour (DG300S)

3-PW Cobra S2 (Graphite Regular Flex - DVS+)

3-PW Ping i15 (Ping Stiff)

3-PW Mizuno MP-57 (DG300S 6-PW + PX 5.5 3-5)

3-PW Mizuno MP-67 (PX 6.0)

Uhhhhh yes I know it is a bit sickkkkkkkk ...... but if you try to sell a set, all you get is about the price of old metals ......... $200-$350 for a current set ..... and in that case, I rather keep them.

Are they all used, yes and they have been used a lot, how come ........ I play about 3-4 rounds per week and when I am not playing, it might well be that I am practicing something, so if I use a set for 6 weeks orso ...... it might have had the use other don't even have in a year.......

How come sohoooo many sets ....... the WIlson Tour Blades are the set I had when I stopped golf 25 yrs ago and when I came back to the game I just went to a shop and bought the senior flex Ci7 bc. the manager said my swingspeed was slow, which was normal for a 50+ (not knowing that I just restarted) ..... I took the advise and played it well for a few weeks and started hooking these, went to another shop and got my swingspeed measured etc...... they told me I needed stiffer shafts and advised regular steel shafts....... I bumped into the FG Tour at the internet and ordered a custombuilt set in Scotland,+1 inch, 2* up, Tour Velvets, midsize etc..... but had to wait 3 months....... during which I bought the TM Tour in Stiff....... uhh to stiff and I didn't like the sound, then the FG Tour came in at last..... (May 2010), but the regular lengthened shafts felt weird, compared to the TM Tour with the nasty sounds......... Then came the Titleist ZB (which I bought from a local guy - playing at the EDP Tour), liked the short blades, but not the mid and long irons .....

Long story short .... I bought a set of Ping i15 in June 2010, great sticks, easy to hit straight, almost impossible to work the ball with ........ pfffff next better set ..... Mizuno MP-57 ...... mixed results could be suberb, could be the worst you'd imagine ......

Got a bit sick of myself and bumped into a second hand Cobra S2, what the ..... just tried them at the range, man ..... I could even hit them great with my eyes closed, no matter where on the "blade" you hit these, they really went, long but seldom where I wanted them.......

My fitter told me (they always know what the next best is) that for my kind of players Titleist AP2 was the best of the best ...... and I have been trying to believe that for two months after buying these and they were the first set ever that I traded in, because I could get a very good price for them, while buying the Wilson Staff Ci9 ....... nice looking irons, but not for me....... they are really long, but that is no surprise with those lofts ...... I was hooking the 3i-4i-5i and I never did before ...... NEVER !

I decided I totally had it with all game-improvement-this-and-that ......... golf was no fun at all anymore, picked up the old set of tour blades, and at the first ball hitting with a 7i it was like coming home.....

So I was a blade-man, was I ?

I was also bored of shops ...... so I bought a set of slightly used MP-67 irons from a local low capper.

I have been praticing with these for 2 days now, and sofar I like them......

Currently I am using the MP-67 and it feels like I have been stupid to play that many sets to discover what I really like, but if some one asks something about a set I might have first hand experience.

But I must admit that I am coming more and more back to basics, at the moment I am even using the about 28 yrs old Ram Zebra as my primary putter ...... and it looks as if I will never change, however if I can get the wife agree (which might be difficult - don't know why ) I am going to get an ARO putter.

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I am definitely a blade guy, I have played nothing but blades for the last 5 years. Interestingly enough I was a blade basher before that. My latest set I just got last month are Titleist MB's. Before that I had Titleist ZM's and Mizuno MP 32's. There is nothing like the feel of a well struck shot with a forged blade.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There is nothing like the feel of a well struck shot with a forged blade.

+1, without a doubt.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by NM Golf

I have played nothing but blades for the last 5 years. .. There is nothing like the feel of a well struck shot with a forged blade.

And that's why I love 'em too.

5 - PW TM Rac MB's — very forgiving for blades.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Note: This thread is 4648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!