IGNORED

Guy Wastes $3k on Golf Instruction, Never Applies Himself, Blames Instructors

Note: This thread is 4552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This guy is a hoot!  He even scoops the ball with his practice motions.  No wonder he's frustrated.  I'm sure if you gave him a tour striker he'd say, "This things a piece of garbage.  I paid $100 and never got it in the air once.  What a joke."  It's so ridiculous, it's almost inspiring.  In fact, I'd like to register the following complaints with the internet:

Complaint #1:  Why do I have to drive to work at my own expense?  I'm sick and tired of not getting paid for the time I waste sitting in traffic yelling at how other people can't drive.

Complaint #2:  I'm sick and tired of having to wipe my own butt.  Nuff said.
Complaint #3:  Dirty diapers.  I'm sick and tired of them smelling so bad.  They smell awful and it's just plain ridiculous.

Complaint #4:  Toothpicks.  Why is it that some toothpicks splinter?  I'm sick and tired of weak and flimsy toothpicks that splinter.

Complaint #5:  Diet soda.  I've been drinking these for years and haven't lost any weight.  They don't work and the people who make them are liars.

Also, why can't this guy do my trash for me?

5F09.jpg

• Upvote 2

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I think once he understands the phrase, "Feel is not real!" he'll start to loosen-up and allow himself to learn. I'd place a wager that he's convinced everything he's doing is correct and that's why he's angry he's not a Pro. Kinda reminds me a little of GfF.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I don't feel bad for him, he's sabotaged himself and now he wants to make his problem everyone elses.  He reviews all the DVD's and most he admits aren't bad and some are even good "but they couldn't help me".  They couldn't help him because watching a DVD isn't going to make you swing better if you don't put the time in to practice the right things.

I avoid commenting on most swing threads because I don't feel qualified, but I have learned enough in the last two years to know that you have to practice the right things properly in order to improve and that Erik is 100% correct in saying "feel isn't real".

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I actually feel bad for the guy.

Maybe some tough love will help. I just posted a link to this thread on his Youtube channel

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He deleted my post on his Youtube wall already. I still feel bad for him, but it's mostly pity over his cluelessness than anything else.

Constantine

You have given this guy exactly what he wanted.....Attention.  Buying clubs $500, Playing golf $1000, Taking lessons $3000, Being a centerpiece on Youtube and The Sand Trap....Priceless.......

Originally Posted by FLOG4

You have given this guy exactly what he wanted.....Attention.  Buying clubs $500, Playing golf $1000, Taking lessons $3000, Being a centerpiece on Youtube and The Sand Trap....Priceless.......

Debatable. I thought that if he saw a thread about how he's a joke for complaining as much as he does despite never practicing it might be awake up call for him. My ultimate aim is always to help people, so I'm willing to fail a few times in the name of that.

Constantine

Sage advise from leading personalities has been  "any publicity is good publicity"    Some people and I put PISS  age into this category just like being the conversation piece. But debateable. JMHO

I'm sure he has a lot of fans that share his frustration with golf.  He's not really looking for a solution for his problem he's looking for people to invite to his pity party.

Joe Paradiso

Personally speaking, I have been playing golf for around 7 years. Got lessons when I started and developed really bad habits.  I could not understand what was being taught to me, took bad advice from too many average/bad golfers, and simply did not practice smart or play enough.  Not saying those instructors were bad, but they simply were not the right instructors for me.  I was shooting in the 100's with an occasional 90's.  Was very frustrated and running out of answers.

Over a year and a half ago I bought a package from a local instructor I had heard good things about.  Overall, not really expensive.  He was the first one to ever do a video analysis of my swing and effectively communicated to me what my main issue was.  I had a major over-the-top problem that I had no clue I had developed and the good shots I made were simply just luck.

He told me point blank I had a long journey ahead of me and gave me some other students info he has worked with who agreed to be references.  I called 4 of them and everyone said that it is really hard work, but in three years (pending ability and talent) I would be a 70's score type of player.

Although I still have a lot of things to fix (mainly short game), my swing is lightyears better and I have gone from probably a 30 HC to a 12.  I had to put in hours upon hours of practice time in, worked on my fitness, and played many rounds and played on different courses. Shot in the high 70's a few times and once in awhile will shoot in the 90's when the short game stinks.

Point is this guy sounds like he does not listen to anyone and thinks by just getting a lesson he is going to shoot lights out.  Sorry, it does not work that way.  I will tell anyone that if I can find the right instructor and improve my game as much as I have, almost anyone else can to.  If you want to be good, you need to be that person that is always at the range, practice greens, or on  the course.  Showing up once a week is not going to help.  You have to dedicate yourself to this game or just enjoy going out with friends and playing average to bad golf.  I see kids who can spank me anyday of the week and those are the ones who got instruction at a young age and dedicate their youth to practicing and playing a lot of golf.

Originally Posted by Doctorfro

.and he's wearing long pants pulled up over his belly button.

Waist actually goes about there, not under the beer belly. But I guess this is OT.

I will be sure to tell my wife that I have watched roughly 15 hours of TV shows that she wanted to watch in this year, so she will be promptly banned from the remote. The TV will only be allowed to sit on ESPN and ESPN only. I wonder what my pay-off will be?

In all honesty, 15 hours of "dedicated golf" is like 1 minute of studying a West Coast Offense for someone who knows nothing about football. This is a rhetorical video. There's virtually millions of comparisons you can make to this idiotic train of thought, but I'm almost speechless at the same time. When I read the OP and watched the video, I kind of had that blank stare on my face trying to understand what it is that this guy doesn't understand... Now my head hurts and I need multiple beers.

• Upvote 1

I get the thought of his frustration by multiple things you can do differently in the swing to get similar results, but I don't get why he never gave any of them a chance?

I suck at golf.  I know this. I get frustrated with myself, not any pro.  If I blow up inside, it's because of the pressure I put on me.  This guy needs to come to grips with his own mind and stop thinking he is going to hit shots that should be tracked on tv.

I have come to the conclusion in my short tenure in golf that the mental game will be much more challenging for me to overcome than the physical.  That guy is ultra boned!

• Administrator

Again, I think Jeff meant 10-15 hours per week.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I wish I could get this much practice time.  I get maybe 6 hours a week... usually about 3 small buckets/week and maybe 3 hours practice short game and putting.  I'm still getting better because I only ever work on exactly one thing at a time, usually for three weeks or so, or more if I feel it's really important.  Probably the most important part of my practice is in the evening after the kids go to bed, I'll take a club and spend about 10 minutes making a certain move out in the yard over and over very slowly just feeling it.  I can't imagine spending twice that and not getting better.  Must be a wildly focusless and inefficient use of time.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by iacas

I honestly thought he was referencing 10-15 a year for some crazy reason too lol. Hey, you can never give some people too much credit. I'm sure there are people out there who believe in 10-15 a year.

Anyway, that makes things worse in my opinion. At 10-15 hours a week, he's obviously practicing bad habits lol. If anything, I would have to step back and at some point say "Maybe it's me". I never understood how some people in life, in general, could not come to that resolution. Whether it be golf, life in general, someone losing friends/family, etc. I don't see what is so hard about saying "Things are happening, or not happening, because of me ". I hate when I hear the "X happened for X reason" gig.

This guy doesn't need lessons, he just needs a big mirror.

Note: This thread is 4552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!