IGNORED

Sunglasses

Juancd75
Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rudy Project here in Asia is big... I use Rudy Project Golf. Enhnaces the green as well. Not for putting though.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who can't wear Oakleys? Haven't been able to ever since they went to the straight temples...the feel like they pop up on me and don't sit down on my nose. Pretty happy with my Bolle glasses, they have polarized lenses, and they were pretty cheap at Costco (around $60, iirc).

Rudy Project for me, I need a prescription lens and these are perfect......also you scratch the replacement lens....send it back to Rudy Project and they send you an identical replacement....just pay for shipping. Try to get that from Oakley

• 2 weeks later...
I wear Maui Jim sunglasses while playing.

I had laser surgery done and just want to be vain and wear sunglasses whenever I can, plus the bright light does affect me a bit. I do keep the sunglasses on when I putt. I keep my glove on as well when I putt, but this is due to lazyness more than anything.

I wear cheapo walmart glass but I make sure I get polarized ones. Not that they matter on the course, but I'm on the lake and river alot in the summer and I tend to lose the good ones in the water, I have yet to lose a cheap pair, go figure.

I have to have my sunglasses, my eyes are really sensitive to the light. I don't have a preferance as long as they are polarized.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

I hate it to play with sunglasses, but in Winter and Spring when the Sun is low I have to use them. I Wear my normal RayBan Glasses but I feel them on my ears and nose after 2 Hours of Golf and then they start to disturb me more then the low Sun.

So whenever possible I try not to wear them.

WitB

R7 Superquad 10.5
R7 Steel 3 Fw
2 Iron Rescue Dual MP 60 3-PW Vokey SM 56.10 Vokey SM 60.08 White Hot XG # 9

I do not really like the feel of sunglasses but I do wear them everytime I play.. Where I am from, the sun can be hot and bright. This is more to protect my eyes from UV rays and sorts. Sun rays can do damage due to regular exposure.

I own a pair of Bolle and a pair of Rudy Project Freeon for golf.

I wear Rudy Project Kerosenes. They're light and the optics are fantastic.

The effects of the sun, especially for those that play alot, shouldn't be underestimated. Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat are must-haves.

And yeah, I wear them while putting. I typically forget they're on, and they stay on the whole round.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

I wear Oakley "Half Jackets" everywhere... They really help sharpen things when I'm playing.

Driver: Titleist 905S/9.5/Fujikura Speeder Stiff
3W: Titleist 906FT
Irons: Ping i10/Red dot
Wedges: Cleveland CG12/54/60
Putter: Odyssey XG RossieBall: TaylorMade TP Red

• Administrator
I'm picking up my pair tomorrow.

I wear Silhouette glasses and don't want clip-ons. So I ordered a second set of lenses for my current glasses (along with a new pair of glasses) in brown. So, in a month, I'll see how they work out.

I've never found a pair of prescription sunglasses that work really well. I have longer eyelashes, so the ones that hug the face don't feel right, and others have had optical issues (the ball looked four inches closer to me, etc.).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wear the Oakley Thumps so that I can listen to music without headphone cords getting in the way when I practice and play by myself. When I wear them playing I flip up the lens when putting though.

Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!