IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Titleist 905R 9.5* Adilia NV 60S

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TM R7 425, 10.5, neutral bias, RE-AX 65 shaft. Previously owned Ping G2 8.5 which i could bomb but such a wide varience was costing me shots... The R7 has 2 degrees more loft - i've given up a few yards but i can hit fairways now

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

TaylorMade R580 XD. Hard to get used to but a great driver when I get ahold of it.
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

Titleist 907D2 with UST Proforce 76 S. This club is pretty awesome. I love how it looks when you address the ball. That square look gives me a lot of confidence. I started out with the Ping Rapture. It is also a great club and has one of the nicest sounds of any driver I've heard, but I didn't like how it looked at address compared to the Titleist. In my limited experience, once you are comfortable with how it looks at address, it's ALL about the shaft.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

First i used the Callaway Big Bertha Ti454, i pretty much loved this driver to death. I dont really know how to name the pros and cons, but one pro is that this driver could get some distance, and 1 con would be that mine coulda had a better shaft then the callaway one it came with.

Next is the Taylormade r7 460, i pretty much love this driver right now, its the best driver i've ever hit in my life. Pros can be : Distance,Distance, and more Distance. Adjustable Weights. Cons could be : Adjusting weights can be a hassle sometimes, Feels a little uncomfortable behind the huge head, but you get used to that.

In My Taylormade Phatom St Bag Today:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* Proforce v2 65 Stiff
Wood: Burner 15* Matrix Ozik X-con 5 X
Hybrid: CLK Fli Hi 20* Exsar StiffIrons: 755 4-pw Dynamic Gold s300Wedges: Mp-t 53* Solus 56* Black Finish rac tp satin 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select...

Cleveland Launcher Comp 10.5 degree NV Stiff shaft, fit and built by the Cleveland Tech van team 3 years ago. Love it!

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Just got it today: Olimar Ti440! Took it to my Pro and we had a lesson today. First shot fade right. Next two, pulled left. Next three 250+ dead center!!!!!

Only $70.

FYI, I've been out of golf for 10 years due to job schedule, etc. Well, I'm back!!!!
Last week, in a 9 hole game I didn't put one drive into the air.

Tomorrow is another 9 hole game. Hoping to show off.... :)

Later,

Tom P.

In my bag:

Orlimar TI440 driver
Orlimar VT830 3 wood
Orlimar HT830 19 degree hybridGigagolf KC2 irons 4-SW

i beast my callaway and thats all that matters

In the OGIO OZONE Bag
Driver: SuperQuad 9.5
3 Wood- V steel 15 ALDILA NV s
Irons- Hogan Apex FTX
Wedges- CG14 52 56Putter- Odyssey XG model #9Ball- Pro v 1 xShoes- Adidas Tour Metal

Using a Krank 9* with a graman xd pro stiff shaft and swap off with a big bang, ust v2 force, reg. Depends on mood or current swing. Have tried almost all the name brands and except for the taylor superquad just don't like what you get the for the money. Don't ask how may drivers and putters are currently in the misbehaved barrel.

I am using the Taylor Made R7 425 with 10,5° and GD Purple Ice 85g Regular flex.

Before that I used a MacGregor M42 Eye-O-Matic with 11° an GD YS-6.
But I don't like the shape of the clubhead and the softness of the shaft.

In my Bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10,5°, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85 Regular
#3 Wood: Taylormade R7 Steel 15°, RE*AX 70 Stiff

#4 Rescue: Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 09 22°, RE*AX 65 Stiff
3-PW Irons: MP-32 ProjectX 6.0
Wedges: MP-T Black Nickel 51.6 and 56.14 Spinner Rifle Shafts
Putter: Studio Style Newport 2.5 35''

Golfclub Schloss Myllendonk (Par 72, CR 72,9, Slope 134)

See Signature

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

Taylormade makes the best drivers around, no question.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I just switched from the Nike Sasquatch to the Cleveland HiBore XL.

I think I am glad I made the switch. I used to push the Nike to the right at times. The worst that has happened with the Cleveland is a little hook when I make a poor swing. When I make good contact, I beat the crap out of the ball. I get a nice draw out of it and it rolls a long way.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

Note: This thread is 4053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!