IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Titleist 905R and I love it. Before I upgraded I had a Titleist 975J, I was still hitting it very well when I got the 905R, but I figured it's time to get some new technology.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (Titleist Speeder by Fujikura - S)
3-Wood: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce v2 - S)
5-Wood: 909F3 18° (Matrix Ozick - S)
Irons: Amp Irons 4-PW (True Temper Dynalite 90 - S)
Wedges:   Oil Can 248.06, 254.10, 260.04
Putter: White Hot XG #5

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ping G5 for the win. Consistently straight 250 yards. At 5'6" 130 lbs, how much more distance can you ask for?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I just bought a Titleist 907D1. I hit a bunch of drivers, and it was the was the clear winner. Can't wait for it to show up.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

Callaway Big Bertha 454 TI.

Got it used off of ebay almost brand new with headcover for $72 including shipping

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

Ping G2 and I have had it for 2 years and I have yet to find anything that I hit any better, thank god because the new drivers are not cheap.

Keep it on the short grass.

Got fitted by the Cleveland Van for a HiBore XL Tour 10.5 with red stock shaft. Had last year's Hibore at 8.5 degrees. Also had a R7 425 last year that only went left (didn't want to shell out for for the TP version with the open face - ironic since I've owned 2 drivers since then). However, there's an amazing difference between this year's Hibore and last year's. Also, getting fitted properly with launch monitor makes all the difference. Hit all the shafts (including the NV that I'd hit for years), but the stock red shaft performed the best. Longest (and more importantly) the straightest driver I've ever had. FIR % has gone from around 50% to 65% in two months (and many of the missed fairways are from driving it through the fairway on doglegs).

905 T... I like it except for the shaft. I got it for next to nothin' as a demo at the club I was a member at, so I didn't mind the stock soft flex shaft since it would be cheaper to re-shaft than buy new. Haven't done it yet but planning on it soon. Just swinging it slow until then.

Still loving my Titleist 983k

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

Let me think 'bout that:

on hand at the present time:
Adams RPM 460 11.5 w/ Adilia NVS 55 R-flex
Krank RHCP 10.5 w/ Harrison XD Low Torque Boron R-flex
Integra EXT 500 10 w/ Accuflex tour Elite R-flex
La Jolla 450 Ti 10 w/ Rapport pro jec R TW6535R
Olimar HTi 440 10.5 w/ Adilia NVS 55 R-flex
Olimar HTi 440 9.5 w/ Adilia NVS 55 R-flex
I love the Adams, but it has to much loft (love that sound when I catch it)
The Krank is a total disappointment
Integra is OK but "non-conforming"
Orlimar 9.5 is my favorite (10.5 to lofty)
La Jolla is sweet. I think the shaft is the difference.
I wonder if i can get the Orlimar with the Rapport pro-jec r shaft?
no one ever had too many screwdrivers, socks or drivers

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

A few weeks ago I got fitted to a pretty standard HiBore XL 10.5 with the stock Fit-On Gold shaft. Unfortunately Cleveland is being a bit slow about sending it to me, so I'm currently just waiting on all of my clubs to arrive. It was an early graduation gift to get an entire new set, but none of it has arrived yet.

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

Just purchased new Orlimar HTi440 9.5*. Hopefully will have it by next week.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

Currently I am using a TaylorMade R580XD 10.5* and I am going to be looking for a new driver hopefully in the next week or so. Sure, I like it but I feel like it's getting outdated and I don't play it well enough to keep it around. And since I'm 18 and pay for my own clubs, I don't have a great budget. I'd say the most I'd spend is $200 as of now. So I was looking at Golf Galaxy and the new clubs that I'd have an opportunity at are HiBore, the most recent Launcher, 905R, and the original R7 Quad. There are also some used clubs available but most are a rip off and not the flex I'm looking for. Mainly I'm looking for a club that I can be the most accurate with compared to the others because I'm willing to sacrifice distance. Any thoughts?
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

I'd be alright with sticking to TM. I love their products and obviously a whole lot of others do, its just I think that my technology is outdated with the R580XD.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Titleist 983k

Wonderful club
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

I am the proud owner of a TM Burner. Fantastic club.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Callaway FT-3 - just loves the sound of that club.
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 10° I-Mix 5w: Callaway X Hybrid: 21º Open CT
4-5: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 6-PW: Alpha C1 Pro
52º, 56º,60º Callaway X-Tour
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4

Note: This thread is 4045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!