IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

I played the Mactec M685's for over a year and i like the blade's feel but they weren't for me too much distance loss on slightly off center hits, i recently switched over to the Srixon forged i506 irons and absolutely love them. I hit the ball higher than before which can be a problem in some of our coastal winds but i take that sacrifice for the confidence and feel of the i have with the Srixon's. I did play a round with the new Mizuno MX 25's and was more than pleased with them as well.

Driver W506 10.5* Pro Launch Red
3 Wood G5 14.5* Rifle Project X 6.0 wood
Hybrid Rapture 18* VS Proto
3-PW i506 Forged Project X 6.0
54* WG 504 Forged 60* WG 504 ForgedPutter Futura Phanton 33"Ball ZUR-S

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland CG4's for about 2 months now and have scored 5 rounds in the 70's with them when previous to having them I scored 5, 70's rounds in an entire year. These clubs have saved me at least 2 to 3 strokes per round and I am quite amazed by them each and every round. I'm getting forgiveness that I have not ever had as well as added distance which is also just fueling more confidence in me.

I had to get a 49 degree gap wedge though to feed the hole that I had between my PW (45 degrees) and 52 degree.

I've posted replys in the 'Blade or Cavity Back' thread stating this. But those posts were early on when I first got these clubs... with a few more rounds under my belt I am a firm believer in game improvement irons (with feel).

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

Callaway X-14's for a couple of years now. I love them. May move up in a year or so but for now, I am happy with what I have.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

nike pro combo

amen. not really sure if i like em or not.

Taylormade R7 460 9.5 S Flex
Titleist 904F 19*
Taylormade Rescue Dual TP 19*
Nike Pro Combo Forged 3-PWCleveland Gunmetal TA 900 54*,59(Bent from 58)*Taylormade Rossa CGB Daytona ILL-INI

On what day?

I switch from Mizuno MP30s, TM RAC LT, Cleveland CG4 TOUR depending on whim. What never changes is driver (Cleveland Launcher Comp), wedges (mix of Clevelands 588, 485 BeCu, 900), and putter- Cameron Red X, Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet II or Ping Anser 2

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

wow hogans obviously nothing but the best

In the OGIO OZONE Bag
Driver: SuperQuad 9.5
3 Wood- V steel 15 ALDILA NV s
Irons- Hogan Apex FTX
Wedges- CG14 52 56Putter- Odyssey XG model #9Ball- Pro v 1 xShoes- Adidas Tour Metal

Callaway Fusion Wide Sole Graphite (Regular Shafts)
Whats in my bag?
Bag: Terrafirma X Tour Edition Stand Bag
Driver#1 - FT-i 10
Driver#2 - FT-5 10
Irons (5-SW): Fusion Wide Sole Graphite RegularHybrid Fusion #4 HybridWood Fusion #3 & #5 Fairway WoodPutter: White Hot XG 2 ball Tour EditionCurrent Balls: D2 & HX Hot & Tour 56

I play SF+ irons by Bang Golf (3-SW). Does anybody else around here know of/ play Bang clubs? I think I might upgrade to a major brand within a year or so.

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

Got Adams A1 Hybrid Pro Irons. Going ok with them and very happy too. Have had them for just over 3 years now.

• Administrator
I never understood the point of threads like this when most of us have signatures that list all of our equipment and which stay more up-to-date than anything we'd post in here.

I play.... the irons listed below.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
I'm actually new to this site since I decided it was time to upgrade my irons. I got a Wilson ProStaff golf set for christmas five years ago and feel it's time to set them aside and upgrade. My local golf shop doesn't have many irons for me to try so I'm going to have to get opions from you guys. From reading through all of these twenty sum pages and looking at the vote I narrowed my choices down quite a bit. I don't want to spen more than $750 on these new irons. So here are my choices right now:

Titleist 755
TM r7
Mizuno Mx-25

My handicap is about 15-16. Thanks for your help.

I'm actually new to this site since I decided it was time to upgrade my irons. I got a Wilson ProStaff golf set for christmas five years ago and feel it's time to set them aside and upgrade. My local golf shop doesn't have many irons for me to try so I'm going to have to get opions from you guys. From reading through all of these twenty sum pages and looking at the vote I narrowed my choices down quite a bit. I don't want to spen more than $750 on these new irons. So here are my choices right now:

I love my 775's. They are the perfect blend of feel and forgiveness.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Good choices. When I was shopping around and testing clubs, it came down to Mizuno 25's and Callaway X-20's. I didn't try the Titleist since I didn't consider my self good enough to hit a Titleist club. Non the less, I got the Mizuno 25's for the forged feel. These clubs are great and don't regret buying them.

But any of your choices are good, just depends on which ones feel better to you.

The golf club that looks really tempting to me is the TM r7, but there is not as many opinions as the other clubs. It seems to me that the mx-25 and the 755 are the most popular out of the three, so if someone could compare the three possibly. Are the 755 going to be to hard to hit with my Handicap?

I swing Callaway X-14's (3-PW) bought used w/o trying four years ago.
I played about three times a year until I decided to try and get better at golf in the Spring/Summer of '06. Currently I hit my 5 iron 175 w/ alot of loft.
Although it is not technically an iron, I have a new Callaway 2x hybrid that replaces my 2 iron because i was so inconsistent/bad at hitting that on the course. I have not yet miss hit with the hybrid while playing a round so I hit it w/ confidence

Note: This thread is 5599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!