IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

I recently switched from the Nike CCI cast irons to the Titleist AP1's, and thus far, I've been happy with the change. The AP1's are a little more forgiving and have a little higher ball flight.
Jody B.

Cobra Speed Pro S 9.5 X-Stiff
Cleveland Hibore XLS 3WTaylor Made Super Steel 5W (Steel Shaft)Cleveland Hibore XLS 3 Hybrid (Steel Shaft)Titleist AP1 5-GapCleveland CG14 56Cleveland CG14 60Odyssey 3Ball 33" Putter

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use cobra fp irons. They have the best feel. But some times when i hit the ball off of the toe I still will get the same feeling.

In the Sasquatch Tour Standbag
Driver: Hibore (10.5deg, Reg)
3 wood:Burner(22 deg, Reg)
4I-GW:FP Irons(Stiff)
Wedge:Satin Black( 60 deg, Stiff)Putter: 2 Ball BladeBall:HX Hot or ProV1xLowest score to date: 77 @ Pembroke Country Club

Titleist DCI, but man I wish I had the money for some Mizunos :(.... anyone wanna donate? :D
What's In The Bag?
Driver: 975J 10.5*
3-Wood: F-50 13.5*
5-Wood: Launcher Steel 19*
Irons: DCi Gold 3-PWPutter: Tracy IISand Wedge: 56* CG10 2-Dot

I use the Nike Slingshot iron currently, but am saving up for the switch to Mizuno MP-32 irons. I want to be able to work the ball more. The Slingshots are so forgiving, that it is nearly impossible to slice the ball. So shaping it is completely out of the question.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

Im rocking Nike Sumo Irons

Pros - Straight, Long, High Trajectory
Cons - 0 workability, occasionally chunk shots

There was a time when I played 3-4 times a week and had my handicap around 6, but as time went on I played less and my trusty Hogan Blades had to go. I love these irons as it allows for me to play more sparingly and still shoot well.

I just got a set of MP-32 and cannot be happier with them. I have a set of Ping's that I was using and I cannot be happier with my new purchase. I hit them so much better and I like the feel better than the Ping. I started and also hit a set of true blades when I started playing golf. I know that was rough, but that made me appreciate the Mizuno's that much more.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Bridgestone Tourstage ViQ older model, Japanese spec with NSpro 950s.
Quite forgiving but I start to feel they're a little too light now, might get heavier shaft for my next set.

Big Bertha 96's for me. They're on the older side, but they serve me well.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Techpower ZX-20s Good Irons for any 10 or lower handicapper

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cobra 3100 I/H 4-GW. They work great and the weight/balance feel is awesome! Cobra!

My Titleist SC85 Bag holds:

Callaway Hyper X Driver - 10 Degree
Cobra Bafflers 1, 3 & 4
Cobra 3100 I/H Irons 5-GWTitleist Vokey Wedges 54 & 58PiNG i-Series Anser 4 PutterCallaway Big Bertha & Warbird Balls

I use Ben hogan BH-5's.
I think these were made after they were taken over by callaway.
I love these irons, they feel soft for a cast head.
i get a lot of feedback on my shots and give me great confidence.
If things are not going well i know it's me and not My Weapons!

My Weapons:
Driver: Tour Edge Exotics 9* (Fuji High Launch Stiff)
3 Wood: MDGolf Blackhawk (Prolite Stiff)
20* Hybrid: Maxfli Redeemer (High Launch Reg)
Irons (3-PW): Ben Hogan BH-5 (Apex shafts Reg)Wedges: 58* Progen (True Temper Reg) 60* MDGolf Superstrong (True Temper Reg)Putter:...

Nike Pro Combo with the Stiff Graphite shafts.
Driver Super Quad 10.5
3 Woodhibore xl
irons3-pw AP2
Wedges52 and 56 SV
PutterFuturaBall330-s

Note: This thread is 5593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!