IGNORED

What kind of Pitching wedge do you use?

Note: This thread is 4654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What kind of Pitching wedge do you use?

• Standard wedge from a full Iron Set
    • Custom wedge

i use a E wedge from my set as my pitching wedge

TM RBZ Stage 2 9.5* Kuro Kage Silver 60s
TM V-Steel 13* 3w
Callaway BB Heavenwood 3H 20*
Cobra S2 Forged Irons
Callaway Forged Copper Wedges 52*-58*
Oddysey White hot #1

• Administrator

As of recently, I'm using a SCOR 48 degree wedge.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mine is from my Nike Vr Pro Combo iron set. It's a 47* blade.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm playing the PW that came with my set, but I'm playing MP-68's so the PW is fits in with what I like in wedges.  However, with an older set of Mizuno clubs I had, I didn't like the look of the PW and opted for a more wedge like PW, so I think it really depends on your personal taste.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Originally Posted by FryemanTX

Thanks for all the feedback, I think I'll stick with my current stock wedge and keep using my GW for the more finese type shots.

I even took a step the other way.  After playing my AP-2 irons (including the PW) for a season, I decided that I liked the PW so much that I ordered the GW too.  Now well into the second season with the GW, I couldn't be happier with my decision.  It is so much more consistent on full shots since it is just gapped to fit with the rest of the set.  The feel and swingweight match.  I still have a Vokey 54° SW and a Cleveland 56° SW and general utility wedge.  I use the Cleveland when I need a higher pitch, or when I'm short-sided.  The Vokey is almost exclusively for bunker shots.  The AP-2 GW is great for full shots from about 90-95 yards, as well as for a lot of short chips and pitches around the green, but I use everything down to the 8I for greenside play, just depending on the shot needed.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I use a Ping Eye 2 for pitching wedge, but in actuality, I hit a 9-iron where most would hit a full pitching wedge since the lofts are so high on these clubs.

G15 Driver 10.5° * G10 Draw 4-Wood * G10 Hybrid 18° * i3+ 3-SW Irons

Tour Action 60° LW

SLOTLINE J-Stroke Putter

Note: This thread is 4654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!