IGNORED

Who's your favorite golfer? 2011

AustinH
Note: This thread is 4650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Same here.  I also spent 5 years in Japan in the center of the area that was most devastated by the tsunami, so I appreciate his gesture a bit extra.

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Ryo Ishikawa.  Its crazy how far he hits the ball considering how small he is.  Also, the fact that he is donating all his winnings to the Japan tsunami relief effort makes me have a lot of respect for him.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Good call. Forgot about him. Definitely one of my favourites

Originally Posted by Roblar

Same here.  I also spent 5 years in Japan in the center of the area that was most devastated by the tsunami, so I appreciate his gesture a bit extra.

Its even more impressive that he is a 19 year old kid.  I can think of a lot of other 19 year old athletes who would blow that money partying and doing drugs before they donated it to disaster relief.

Roblar, I know how you feel.  Ive visited Japan many times, have a lot of respect for the Japanese and this disaster really hit home with me.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

My favorite golfer this year is me... second favorite is Tiger Woods every year. Third favorite is the only one that ever changes and that would be probably Dustin Johnson this year... I don't call him DJ because that is my name and I am going to be the only famous DJ golfer.

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Luke Donald is ranked #1 atm! Hope it stays that way

Driver:  R9 SuperTri 10.5*

Fairway:  R7 3wood 13*

Hybrid:  Super Hybrid 17*

Irons: CG Reds

Wedges: Vr 52* 56* 

Putter: Studio Select Newport 2.5 midslant

Ball: e6

I'm Northern Irish, so I'm a big fan of Rory, GMac and Clarke. My girlfriend is South African, so I like watching Els, Player, Retief, Charl, Oostie and Trevor too.

On the home front, I'm currently digging on Fowler. Dude has style, knocks amazing shots with a cool nonchalance and just seems to be enjoying life out there.

I have always liked watching Freddy Couples. Sweetest swing since Hogan IMO.

3 way tie between Fowler, Mickelson and Tiger. Watson is just in a league of his own - class act, humble, legend and you would never know it if you met him off the course I would imagine. The kind of guy that smiles after a bad round.

Rory is another one as well that I like. If I had to choose just one, then it's Mickelson hands down.

1. Mickelson

2. Tiger

3. Fowler

4. Rory

* Watson = Legend and Exempt from any rankings! For me, he'll be there with Travino, Palmer, Nicklaus, etc.

Originally Posted by deasy55

The guy in my avatar

Luke Donald and Martin Kaymer are also up there.

Really? Never would of guessed that

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Do you have a problem with me or something? I don't mention my favourite golfer anymore than anyone else around here. And when I do post about him, it's in a thread where he is relevant...unlike many posts around here

Edit: For my own sake, I looked over my last 80 posts and only 2 of those posts (Now 3) were actually about McIlroy, so there

Quote:

Really? Never would of guessed that

Originally Posted by deasy55

Do you have a problem with me or something? I don't mention my favourite golfer anymore than anyone else around here. And when I do post about him, it's in a thread where he is relevant...unlike many posts around here

Edit: For my own sake, I looked over my last 80 posts and only 2 of those posts (Now 3) were actually about McIlroy, so there

Quote:

Errr....it's the guy in your pic. Hence why I said that...I didn't say anything about Rory related posts....maybe you know more about that than I do....maybe you have a tally or something?

It was a joke, relax

I would of added a smiley - but the smile and wink ones are just weird.

I've been really pulling for Jason Day this year. He's at the top of my list for people I want to get a nice solid W.

Others that I've enjoyed watching their game:

Fowler

DJ

Bubba

Watney

<

<

<

Also, Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods. I have yet to see more than one shot of Gary Woodland on TV, but since he's from my hometown, I suppose I need to root for him.

The guy in my avatar Dustin Johnson lol.  Ive been told my swing is similar to his, im 6'4" like him and i also have a pretty similar build, and i hit the ball a mile like him.  Unfourtunately I have some mental lapes on the course like him...probably more

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Note: This thread is 4650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!