IGNORED

the 93rd PGA Championship...

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 4634 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger will be fine.....he just needs to practice and play and sharpen things up.....the first step in his return is health, and it looks like he is doing fine in that regard.

Subject to being fully healthy, I think we will see Tiger back to his "A" game in 2012.....just my 2 cents.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Tiger (+9)  just blew a putt worse than most newbies do.  If he's 100% healthy he must be shot mentally because he's not even close to where he needs to be to just make the cut.

Originally Posted by BallStriker

Tiger will be fine.....he just needs to practice and play and sharpen things up.....the first step in his return is health, and it looks like he is doing fine in that regard.

Subject to being fully healthy, I think we will see Tiger back to his "A" game in 2012.....just my 2 cents.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by senorchipotle

i like adam scott, and i would love to see him win a major, but all that smack stevie was talking last week makes me not want to see him win. petty i know, but i won't make any excuses about it.

Since you're being so honest about your comment I'll say that I heartily agree with you.  It's one of the pettiest (and most unsupported) remarks I've read on the forum in a long time - which is saying something here on the trap.  What exactly does a caddie's remarks to a blatantly fishing commentator after an event have to do with the player? (rhet.)  Steve should have shown much better judgement - nothing to do with the man he's carrying the bag for if you understand the role of a caddie in this game.

If Tiger misses the cut at least we won't have to hear commentators going on and on and on about him (or watch him play) even as so many others are performing much better on the day.  That would be a relief.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Originally Posted by BallStriker

IMO, he should just sack this year off, fire Foley (Woods doesn't need a 'Butchie' a 'Haney' or a 'Foley'...he can sort it out all by himself)

Consider:

The Masters '11: he was the worst in the field in putting, blazing the way toward more three putts in a round than any other player.

WGC Bridgestone '11: he set records for the worst driving performance of the year with 39% in fairways.

PGA Championship '11: landed in almost every sand trap, in short his iron play was as bad as anyone at that level in years and his distance-control is awry.

The hallmark characteristic of the collapse by Woods isn't any one area of his game, but all facets of his game. Considering the level Woods was at, and considering where he is at now, it is very reminiscent of what happened to David Duval.

I honestly think....Woods appears to be completely empty right now. Reached a time in his life where golf is no longer something he is driven to succeed at, instead he feels about golf the same way most of us feel about our 9-5 jobs.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Originally Posted by Chas

Quote:

Originally Posted by senorchipotle

i like adam scott, and i would love to see him win a major, but all that smack stevie was talking last week makes me not want to see him win. petty i know, but i won't make any excuses about it.

Since you're being so honest about your comment I'll say that I heartily agree with you.  It's one of the pettiest (and most unsupported) remarks I've read on the forum in a long time - which is saying something here on the trap.  What exactly does a caddie's remarks to a blatantly fishing commentator after an event have to do with the player? (rhet.)

Your question may be rhetorical but I'd like to provide an answer: It's because another win by Scott would make Williams even more insufferable.

So Senor, I'm with you in that I think it's perfectly reasonable to have mixed feelings about Scott potentially winning. (Actually in my case they also stem from his use of the long putter.)

Bill

Tiger's putt at #7.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

You're not alone on this sorta thing ... there are several people on this forum alone who have admitted their dislike of Tiger originated from all the media attention he gets (something he has little if any control of).  Fans have no obligation to be logical.

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

Your question may be rhetorical but I'd like to provide an answer: It's because another win by Scott would make Williams even more insufferable.

So Senor, I'm with you in that I think it's perfectly reasonable to have mixed feelings about Scott potentially winning. (Actually in my case they also stem from his use of the long putter.)

back to back birdies for Woods. 3 more of them and we'll be able to watch 2 more days of his average golf.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

yes... the flat stick does add to it. there's never been a major won with a long putter, and i hope it stays that way. i think they should be illegal.

chas... what bill said. stevie got richer than most pro's on the tour because of tiger, he got to travel the world, win ungodly amounts of money, buy and race fast cars, a sponsorship with valvoline, a hand in winning multiple major championships, all because of tiger. and he had the gall to say that firestone with scott was his greatest win?! that's the most absurd thing i've ever heard. because of that i don't want to see stevie win, and this can only happen if adam doesn't win. but as unreasonable as my position is, being upset with it is even more unreasonable because my sentiments will have no bearing whatsoever on this weeks tournament.

poor Tiger...tough sand shot into the water

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

FFS, what is going on with Tiger on #12???

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

I saw his drive go into the left trees and then I left the room. When I came back he was hitting from the right rough straight into the left trees again. I'm confused.

Originally Posted by RichF

FFS, what is going on with Tiger on #12???

Tiger might want to avoid the trees on the left side although the hook he played out on the second time in was very impressive.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Note: This thread is 4634 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!