IGNORED

how to arrange MY bag

Note: This thread is 3476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hey guys. i recently got a new set and i am wondering what the best way to organize it would be. i have the following :driver,  3 fairway wood,3 hybrid, 4 hybrid, 5 hybrid, and 6,7,8,9, pw, sw, lw and putter. i know the normal way with the woods in the front pocket then the irons distributed with the 2 pickets in the middle and then the wedges and putters in the bottom pocket. thats the kind of bag i have anyway. thanks!

My clubs-

Driver- Cleveland XL270 

3 wood- Cleveland XL270 HL 3 wood

hybrid and irons-Cleveland Mashie 3 hybrid 

Adams a4r 4 hybrid-gw

wedges- a4r pw, gw, snakeyes 

Callaway x-series jaws 56 Degree, 60 Degree

putter- Oddessey metal-x 

It's a personal preference thing. If you're riding, it makes sense to put your longer clubs in the back so you can access everything easily. I have an Ogio bag with a Woode top, so there are individual slots for my driver, 3-wood, hybrid, and putter. In the three larger slots I have 3-6, 7-PW, and 54, 60.

Probably easier to just tell people the name of the bag or post a photo of the top of it.

My Ogio Vaporlite uses the Woode club management system so this is how mine's organised:

Ogio Woode System

EDIT: There's a HUGE thread at http://thesandtrap.com/forum/thread/9217/how-do-you-organize-your-bag about this too.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I basically follow the picture in the above post.  Makes it easier to find clubs and the most commonly used clubs are right in front of you.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

I have a cart bag with 14 slots(rows of 3,4,4,3), so I put the driver in the back center with 3 & 5 woods on each side; then 3H, 4H, 5 & 6; then 7, slot for my drizzle stick for rainy days, 8 & 9; then PW, AW & SW...with my putter in the putter well on the side.

My Nike bag has 14 slot + putter well. If you looking at the bag the way it would ride on a cart, starting at the back/left slot is my driver, then working right to left and back to front all my clubs are in order. The last slot (front/right) is for my putter while not playing, during the round it stays in the putter well.

• 2 years later...
Hi Everyone!
I wonder if I could borrow the thread? I wrote in another thread but think this may be more suitable for myself I need to organize my cart bag that I have received.
Here's what it looks like:
I had a bag that had a large hole at the top, two in the middle and a big bottom. I then had the following solution:
Top: fw 3a, hybrid and putter
Middle left: 54, 60
Middle right: 6, 7, 8
Bottom: 9, PW, SW
I, as a beginner in golf and even here on the forum would be very grateful if someone could recommend a good combination. :)

Hi! What difference does it make?

Maybe JoeKelly is lonely :) As far as arranging a bag, I put the clubs I use the most (putter, wedges, driver) closest to where I'm reaching from (depends if its my cart bag or walking bag).

Maybe JoeKelly is lonely :)

As far as arranging a bag, I put the clubs I use the most (putter, wedges, driver) closest to where I'm reaching from (depends if its my cart bag or walking bag).

I think I have tried to find any solution that feels good to me so far. Sure, I have seen this on the forum a bit how others have solutions for inspiration but no one has the right the same bag both negatively and pose tively with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the rule of 3s in my Nike Stand Bag. (13 clubs total) In the top row 3 woods (Dr. 4-W, 4-H) In the mid rows Left (5, 6, 7) & Right (8, 9, P) In the bottom (LW, SW, GW) Putter in the putter well. Never loose a club: 3, 3, 3, Check!!! On to the next hole...

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

• 11 months later...

I just bought the Ogio chamber bag. It has the diamond setup, but I wish I had the woods bag setup. Here is my setup. Tried to mimic the woode with the D, 3w, 3h, 4h on the left side and the 5,6,7,8 in the center diamond with the 9, and wedges on the right side. Also in the picture is my drink caddie....love that gadget.

[COLOR=181818]Hi Everyone![/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]I wonder if I could borrow the thread? I wrote in another thread but think this may be more suitable for myself I need to organize my cart bag that I have received.[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Here's what it looks like:[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][URL=http://cl.ly/image/392j3t1X2f3k]http://cl.ly/image/392j3t1X2f3k[/URL][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][URL=http://cl.ly/image/0j1V3f3w3t3Q]http://cl.ly/image/0j1V3f3w3t3Q[/URL][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]I had a bag that had a large hole at the top, two in the middle and a big bottom. I then had the following solution:[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Top: fw 3a, hybrid and putter[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Middle left: 54, 60[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Middle right: 6, 7, 8[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Bottom: 9, PW, SW[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]I, as a beginner in golf and even here on the forum would be very grateful if someone could recommend a good combination. :) [/COLOR]

Black and red is a bad combination of colors. Georgia Bulldogs. I recommend dousing it in gasoline. I'm having issues getting a comfortable arrangement with my bag also.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

---------------------- | 51°, 57°, 64° | ---------------------- | P, 9, 8 | 7, 6, 5 | ---------------------- | 23°H, 4-W, Dr. | ---------------------- \Putter/

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

Note: This thread is 3476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!