IGNORED

took 20 years...FIRST HOLE IN ONE!

Gioguy21
Note: This thread is 4611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry guys but i have to share the news...i got a hole in one this evening on a 149 yard par 3 5th hole on the red 9 at Flanders Valley Golf Club in Flanders, NJ. I was trying to squeeze in 18 after work and managed to get paired up with two guys, jim and thor for the front nine, and then jim continued on as we picked up a guy named rob romano. jim left on the 3rd hole on the red 9 (back 9) and it was rob and myself (thank GOD i had a witness)...he just gets done telling me he's only been playing for 18 months asking me for pointers and i said, just breathe and let it fly. well, we got to the 5th hole, a 149 yard par 3 from the back tees...and i hit a fading PW five feet to the front left of the hole and it spun and went right in. I didn't believe it but, sure enough it was my first hole in one of my life. I've been playing since i was 6, and i just turned 26 on Aug 4th. I ended up finishing with a one over 73, (my lowest of the year) and still can't get over it. I know it's boasting but, i had to tell someone...

Cheers!

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

• Administrator

Congratulations you bastard!

<----- still doesn't have one.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At least you have one... I've only been playing about ten and have come close (one finished a few inches out and one hit the pin) but so far that ace has been elusive... maybe one day.

Congrats.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

At least you have one... I've only been playing about ten and have come close (one finished a few inches out and one hit the pin) but so far that ace has been elusive... maybe one day.

Congrats.

Thanks Tristan

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Originally Posted by iacas

Congratulations you bastard!

<----- still doesn't have one.

I would've thought you had a few ? soon enough...

Congrats man!  I love that hole... even though I end up in the left trap 80% of the time.  Had my first ace last year at High Bridge Hills (12th hole).  It's an amazing feeling.  You'll be on a high for quite some time.  Oh... and you'll expect to repeat it every time you play that hole.

Way to go!

Enjoy the feeling!

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Wow, congratulations man! This year I was the closest that I've ever been myself. The 3rd hole at Deerpass Golf Club, a 140 yard Par-3 shooting down hill. I pulled my 8i out and took a left to right shot at the pin. The ball's mark was actually left and short of the hole by like 6 inches and it 1 hopped and stopped just 8 inches behind the hole to the right (took a diagonal bounce)! I'll probably never get closer. My dad was there to witness it, even though it was not an Ace - it was probably as close as I'll get without sinking it!

Congrats sir!

Been playing for 3 years. Came within 4 inches the other day. It was moist and moved about an inch from where it landed. I played the wind perfectly. Nobody there to witness it. Not much to witness actually.

Felt amazing...still feel it this morning...see the attached scorecard HIOscorecard11Aug2011.jpg

I agree with Iacas that you are a bastard but congrats anyways. I've been at it 30+ years and still waiting for 1. No need to feel sorry or that you are boasting. This is the exact thing you should boast about with no worries about making anyone else feel anything but happy for you. Congrats, grip it and stick it.

Congrats man!!  I played for about 14 years before I got one.  And the bad part is it was right at dark so we didn't get to see it go in from the tee.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Originally Posted by blackstallion10

Congrats!!!  My turn now? :)

do it. :)

Quote:

And to make one while shooting an excellent round! Well played!

I have no doubt if I ever get one it will be during a miserable round which just might piss me off rather than giving me the joy it should. I'm one of those "glass half empty" people but I've come to terms with it.

• Upvote 1

Congrats bud!!!

I can not wait for that day ( if it ever happens )

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Gio congrats!!!  I see there are a couple of local nyc/nj area golfers here.  The closest to a hole in 1 for me was like 3 inches to the hole  :(  I've holed out from the fairway, rough, and sand several times, but never a hole in one.

By the way, i like the way you mark your scorecard.  I know the number in the upper right of your score for a hole is #putts, but the x in the bottom left is for GIR?  And the row below is to track Fairways hit, left, right?

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

Note: This thread is 4611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!