IGNORED

Cleaned house at walmart. screaming deals on balls.

Note: This thread is 4624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I heard some chatter recently on clearance markdowns on golf balls at walmart. I got 6 dozen callaway hx hot bites and a dozen used prov1's for a grand total of $38. The callaways were $5 a box and the prov1's were mismarked at $5.98, but they only let me buy one box at that price. Totally worth your time if you need golf balls!

Clearance table?  Isn't everything at WalMart on clearance?

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

Sorry! I forgot to mention that the Callaway balls were on a clearance table away from the golf area of the store.

Originally Posted by funkyfred72

Clearance table?  Isn't everything at WalMart on clearance?

LOL

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nothing about this on the [url=http://www.walmart.com/browse/Golf-Golf-Balls/_/N-2p5p?ic=48_0&ref;=+125917&refineresult;=true]Walmart website[/url]. Is this a local thing or do you have reason to believe all Walmarts are having clearance deals?

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I was in a Walmart last night here in Georgia and they had the Callaway HX Hot balls on clearance for $14.86 per dozen.  Not a bad deal for brand new balls.  The Callaway Warbird balls were also marked at the same price.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Each Walmart department gets a certain amount of *markdown money* to get rid of stuff they are going to discontinue. If they havent used much to mark down other stuff during that period, they can drop the price as much as they want to get rid of stuff. Most Walmart dept managers are not too bright and may be behind on their price changes / discontinued items - so it may be worth keeping an eye on if you care to deal with Walmart. They are probably the most useless account I have ever had to deal with - their HQ uses their outside vendors to babysit their own employees.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!