IGNORED

Favorite Golf Shoes

mikelegacy
Note: This thread is 4558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by saevel25

Well i would wear the shoes with the running shoe type mesh, if i know it hasn't rained. It would be nice to have a breathable shoe..

Just do it, as they say.  I have worn Ecco cross trainers (not golf shoes) all summer long on the course.  They already have decent traction being made for trails.  Combined with full arch support, cushioned and breathable uppers, and being able to drive to the course in them, I haven't wanted to get my FJs out of the trunk.  The FJs are there JIC I get invited to a swanky club or someplace where I feel too uncomfortable with the sneaker look.  FWIW I haven't noticed any grip difference without the soft spikes.

But my feet have not been sore once this year and that is a first.  It used to be a big deal to kick off the shoes after golf and now I hardly think about it.

Just walked with the Nike Lunar Controls yesterday during a round - probably the most comfortable golf shoes I've had.

Originally Posted by Mr Fresh

Big fan of anything nike, Must say ive been eyeing the lunar controls for a while now. However i think im gonna wait until those Nike Dunks NG come out!!!

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I enjoyed Footjoys, then tried on and played the True LInkswear -- don't think I can go back to FJ now. I like the minimalist, close to the ground feeling. I think Adidas is trying to go semi-minimalist - as in closer to the ground - but it's tough to beat the feeling and comfort of the True

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I enjoyed Footjoys, then tried on and played the True LInkswear -- don't think I can go back to FJ now. I like the minimalist, close to the ground feeling. I think Adidas is trying to go semi-minimalist - as in closer to the ground - but it's tough to beat the feeling and comfort of the True

I have two pairs of golf shoes.  Adadis Powerbands that I got free with my driver and FJ Contour Series Model 54108.  I wore out the FJ Contour Series and was getting some pain in the arches from multiple rounds a day with the Adidas shoes.  When I went to go purchase replacements for FJ's I fully intended to purchase the Trues or some of the Ecco street.  When I tried the Trues on my feet felt like they were swiming and I didn't like the wide toe box looking down.  I had the opposite experience with the Ecco street shoes.  I felt like my foot was being squished.

I ended up going with the another pair of FJ Contour Series Model 54108 (I don't like the other models of the Contour Series).  Not sure I'll be able to get them next time I need a new pair as they are apparently discontinued.

A cheap shoe is cheap........an unfortunate reality.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

A cheap shoe is cheap........an unfortunate reality.

I would love to play in my tennis shoes to save money for a bit until I can buy a pair of golf shoes, but even though tennis shoes are less likely to leave marks than metal spikes, they aren't allowed.

I could care less if I get the best shoe or not, I'm just beginning right now. All I need is a pair that I will be allowed to play on the course in.

Upgraded my golf shoes four months ago to the Addidas Tour 360.  I was a little hesitant of the price tag (got them before the price drop to $150), but I needed a good shoe.  Went with the wide model.  Can honestly say it's the most comfortable golf shoe I've ever worn.

Ogio Grom
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 2.0   |   Woods:
TaylorMade V Steel
Irons:
TaylorMade Burner 2.0 3-AW   |   Putter: TaylorMade Rossa

The big sporting goods stores like Big 5 usually have something discounted well below $60.  As to what - that depends on the store.

I can't recommend anything. My duck feet insist on expensive Pure's.

"Quick Dorthy....the oil can!"

Originally Posted by FowlPlay

I would love to play in my tennis shoes to save money for a bit until I can buy a pair of golf shoes, but even though tennis shoes are less likely to leave marks than metal spikes, they aren't allowed.

I could care less if I get the best shoe or not, I'm just beginning right now. All I need is a pair that I will be allowed to play on the course in.

I don't know of any course that won't allow tennis/running shoes.  I say go for it.......  The only negative your you is if it's wet.....they'll get wet, muddy and nasty.  The only street course a course wont allow are dress shoes........or Stilettos...you won't be wearing those, are ya?  haha..

What's in Paul's Bag:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I don't know of any course that won't allow tennis/running shoes.  I say go for it.......  The only negative your you is if it's wet.....they'll get wet, muddy and nasty.  The only street course a course wont allow are dress shoes........or Stilettos...you won't be wearing those, are ya?  haha..

Well the club I just joined has a "no street or tennis shoes on greens" rule. So I ended up buying some adidas adiCOMFORTs.

Originally Posted by FowlPlay

Well the club I just joined has a "no street or tennis shoes on greens" rule. So I ended up buying some adidas adiCOMFORTs.

No tennies?  WOW.....and you are in Topeka?  What course?  Tennies are easier on the greens than normal golf shoes, so that sounds crazy to me.

What's in Paul's Bag:

Yeah I don't see any reason for banning tennis shoes... on greens.  No sense in that.

I'm frugal as a rule but have found that I need to spend money for decent shoes.  Anyone buying golf shoes should consider "Would I go for a four hour hike in these?" before ringing the register.  Even if you play in a cart you have lots of steps to take.

Originally Posted by ladders11

Yeah I don't see any reason for banning tennis shoes... on greens.  No sense in that.

If memory serves me correctly, I don't think it's about tennis shoes per se.  Rather, it's about reducing the risk of having their greens infected with some disease.  Golf courses do a lot of work to make sure their greens stay relatively healthy.  So, since most player are only wearing their golf shoes on the golf course, there's less risk of picking up a disease.  In contrast, if players wear their everyday shoes, they could walk through some infected grass/vegetation somewhere outside the course and transfer that disease to the greens when they play on them.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Note: This thread is 4558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!